Are Fair and Rumph on their way out?

I'll never understand the mindset that some Vol fans have that automatically makes ex-vol football players the cream of the crop when it comes to coaching hires

Don't think people think being a VFL BY ITSELF makes them a great coach. But if you have two coaches of relatively equal ability then the VFL may give you a little more effort because he's...well a VFL.

Reactions: sccshortstop
I just get this feeling that both DJ and Rumph will be elsewhere next year and somehow, someway we get Jay on this staff.
After the Chaney hire, Swain tweeted that there was another BIG hire coming...Ansley qualifies. When asked by his listeners, he denied that it was Graham. Could be outside his scope of knowledge tho.

The Ansley hire also reaffirms Fulmer's commitment of resources to make football success the priority. It must be said basketball has been elevated as well. After ten years of neglect and tightfisted budgeting for assistant coaches, Fulmer has stepped up big time. He remembers needing his homerun hire and being forced to bunt with Clawsen.

The statement on Terry Fair said,in one column,that hewas relieved of duties.This sounded as if it could be something else along with not fitting exactly what Coach Pruitt wanted as a coach.Any idea if that was just "wording"or some other reason also?

Former Vol or not, you've got a job to do and your boss has expectations. Meet them and you're solid. Fail to produce and he'll find someone else who will. Huge class coming up. Need to fill this slot and perhaps Rumph with 2 more elite recruiters.
VFL isn't some get out of jail free card like so many people seem to think..

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Basilio and Swain actually have more accurate, and early, information than you get from any other local broadcast source... I can't understand why people continue to follow state-run radio where everything they say is filtered and scripted for the most part... Basilio actually has an athletic department insider (Orange Throat) and other boosters that have provided numerous accurate insights over and over again... haters gonna hate on TB, but you should really listen to he and his contributors... you'll be pleasantly surprised... let the vitriol spewing begin in 3-2-1...

I know Fair was a VFL, but his hiring didn't seem right. He had no connection to CP and a pretty lackluster resume. This is ultimately a good move for the program.
Yea, I was never inspired by the hire either. I thought maybe for a Grad assistant, but not a position coach with no coaching experience.

Basilio also brought to light a couple of yrs ago about Haslam’s shanaigans in the administration and coaching hires. Your state run radio wasn’t going to bring the truth to light. The ole pulling the wool over the eye trick 😂

Basilio and Swain actually have more accurate, and early, information than you get from any other local broadcast source... I can't understand why people continue to follow state-run radio where everything they say is filtered and scripted for the most part... Basilio actually has an athletic department insider (Orange Throat) and other boosters that have provided numerous accurate insights over and over again... haters gonna hate on TB, but you should really listen to he and his contributors... you'll be pleasantly surprised... let the vitriol spewing begin in 3-2-1...
Yep they are a mouth piece for the university. They want everything is fine narrative because it is all about making $

Is Rumph leaving as well? 2 DB coaches and 2 LB coaches seemed strange to begin with. Down to 1 DB coach...

Basilio also brought to light a couple of yrs ago about Haslam’s shanaigans in the administration and coaching hires. Your state run radio wasn’t going to bring the truth to light. The ole pulling the wool over the eye trick 😂
o_OBeat that dead donkey.

Reactions: SKnoxVol
Not sure about Tony, don’t listen to him. But I do listen to Swain a lot, and it’s clear that he has a solid sources(s) within the AD....he has many, many times hinted ahead of time about recruits and coaching hires that came to fruition in short order. And when he doesn’t know, he says he doesn’t know.

Is Rumph leaving as well? 2 DB coaches and 2 LB coaches seemed strange to begin with. Down to 1 DB coach...

2 lb coaches makes sense in this system because inside and outside are so different.

A lot of times you’ll have a dB coach and then a ga who takes half the secondary. That way you can break them up at times and run drills that are corner specific or safety specific. But I agree that having two paid assistants isn’t the norm

2 LB coaches is not at all rare in a 3-4 team 2 Db coaches is not unheard of but 2lb and 2 db coaches on same staff I dont think ive ever heard of that.

Reactions: BreatheUT

VN Store

Back