Arch Manning open letter…

Watch his video against 2A competition. It’s average. He has good arm strength. That and Manning as a last name.

He should have gone elsewhere. texasss is where QB’s go to die.

Last edited:
Reactions: knox73
Yeah, what does anybody see in him?

One clip doesn't change my mind, and I'm not criticizing anyone who thinks he is a star - it's a fair assessment. However, there have been more 5 star busts than success stories, so I remain skeptical. His film is not that great. He has the resources and the pedigree, and I wish him all the best.

Reactions: LittleVol
One clip doesn't change my mind, and I'm not criticizing anyone who thinks he is a star - it's a fair assessment. However, there have been more 5 star busts than success stories, so I remain skeptical. His film is not that great. He has the resources and the pedigree, and I wish him all the best.

Skepticism because busts happen? Obviously

I really don't understand what this post is about, but I'll play.

IMO, Arch does not show that great on film. The competition seems inferior and he does not scream "superstar" to me. None the less, I wish him all the luck in the world, even though I don't know him, and I hope he has a stellar career but struggles every time he plays the Vols.

It's a very silly thread.
1) Because we have a better QB committed to us.

2) He was never considering Tennessee.

He's a player that will ger better and better.
Peyton was obsessed with film and learning ever little detail.

People think he would be a great OC...
He would be a better Defensive Coordinator.
If Arch has that type of passion, he'll lead Texas to great things...

And he still won't be Nico.

I believe he is a quality QB who will do well at Texas. His talent would have been wasted at Georgia and he will be a much better player at Texas.

Watch his video against 2A competition. It’s average. He has good strength. That and Manning as a last name.

He should have gone elsewhere. texasss is where QB’s go to die.
Not as quickly as those who go to Georgia.

It will be interesting to see if Texas and Tennessee play each other while Arch Manning is the Texas starting quarterback.

No Manning has ever won the Heisman. Archie in college, had a career 52% completion, 31 TDs to 40 INTs. In the NFL he was a 55% completion guy who threw 125 TDs to 173 INTs.

Eli was good. His 2003 year was good. Eli didn’t have a stellar career. He had a decent NFL career. He never led the NFL in any significant passing categories. Well he did lead the NFL in INTs 3 times. In 16 seasons he never made 1 first team all-pro. Only went to the prow bowl 4 times. Yes he won 2 Super Bowls. But did you watch them? If you did then you would have realized his defenses kept the Pats at bay.

So sorry the stats say that neither Archie nor Eli were very good in college or the NFL.
Eli was very good in college and his stats back that up. In fact, Elis stats weren't far off from Peytons. Over 10k passing yards and 81TDs while finishing 3rd in the Heisman voting in 03. You dont have them kind of career stats by not being very good.

Eli was very good in college and his stats back that up. In fact, Elis stats weren't far off from Peytons. Over 10k passing yards and 81TDs while finishing 3rd in the Heisman voting in 03. You dont have them kind of career stats by not being very good.
In the five or so years between them offenses in football already had started to become more passing oriented

I don’t want the kid to be hurt, I just hope he SUKS!!! I hate Texas and never want them be successful!! We are the REAL and ONLY UT!!! They can pound sand for tryin to be us with our UT logo and T!!!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Holy crap man!
My BVS is agitated 😫.

We're freaking TENNESSEE!!
A once in a lifetime QB and he's the nephew of our Great Peyton Manning and he doesn't even freakin look our way???!!!

I guess we'll have to just settle for Cali Cool Kid🙄...

Unbelievable.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
UT vs UT

Well, we were close - just the wrong shade of orange for Arch

I wish Arch Manning nothing but the best, unless he is playing the Vols. He is a very talented quarterback, just never would fit into our scheme. I think we have the right kid for us committed.

On #2, did Heupel even recruit him? He just doesn’t seem like the type of QB Heupel would recruit and I’m ok with that considering who we got in this class. I truly believe we got the better QB as well.

VN Store

Back