'24 AR RB Braylen Russell (Arkansas commit)

No reason to get all sour about this one. Ima go out on a limb and say the good guys got better than a fifty/fifty shot with Russell.

odds.jpg

The buzz: Braylen Russell is set to commit on his birthday, July 14. He is focused on Arkansas, Baylor, South Carolina, Texas A&M and Tennessee. Four SEC schools are on his list, but this is expected to come down to the Razorbacks and Vols unless there is a significant shift in the coming months. Arkansas is an in-state school and they are pushing hard. Tennessee has had Russell on campus multiple times, and the Vols look to be trending less than three months out. This is going to be a battle up until the decision. Russell will take official visits in June before he makes his decision.

Simmons Scoop: Tennessee is a hot name in the Midwest

Jerry Mack worked through multiple schools in the Memphis area early in the week before making his way to Arkansas to check on 2024 running back target Braylen Russell. Russell still feels like an Arkansas-Tennessee battle heading into official visits. Mack also checked in on some younger running back prospects in Texas during his week of travels.
-VQ

4-star RB Braylen Russell
The buzz: Official visits are starting to take shape for Braylen Russell. The Arkansas native will visit South Carolina the first weekend in June. He has scheduled an official visit to Baylor on June 9 as well. He will close out June with a visit to Tennessee (June 23-25). The former Arkansas commitment is still considering the Razorbacks, and he is a top target for Sam Pittman, but I continue to hear the most about the Vols. Texas A&M is hanging around as well, but this looks to be shaping up as a battle between Arkansas and Tennessee. His commitment date is July 14, so it looks like Tennessee is in a position to be the last to see Russell before he makes his decision.

— Simmons

I was gonna say Nahjee Harris.

I think Keith is right there with Russell in speed.
Nahjee was the #1 RB in his class. While I do think Russell is underrated, Harris was a straight beast. It could be a difference in competition, but Russell looks faster than Keith watching junior highlights for both. They both can move though, being in the 230lb range, and both look a little faster than Daniel Hill.

Nahjee was the #1 RB in his class. While I do think Russell is underrated, Harris was a straight beast. It could be a difference in competition, but Russell looks faster than Keith watching junior highlights for both. They both can move though, being in the 230lb range, and both look a little faster than Daniel Hill.
I believe both Keith and Russell have run times that translate to
11. 2 (100 meter speed) which honestly is pretty solid.

Not everyone is Sammy Brown or DK Metcalf that can run sub-11 at 230 lbs.
Sammy has run a better 100 than Cam Seldon. 10.7 vs 10.74.

Never understood why to 100m is really referenced. I mean I get that it shows what your top end speed looks like, but when will you ever run that far on any given football play? 40 times get a lot of flack, but let’s be honest, that’s really what matters is how fast can you accelerate from 5-25 yards more than whether you’ll get caught from behind or catch up 70 yards downfield.

Video of DK Metcalf running down Budda Baker. The video does link and run on Youtube.

Never understood why to 100m is really referenced. I mean I get that it shows what your top end speed looks like, but when will you ever run that far on any given football play? 40 times get a lot of flack, but let’s be honest, that’s really what matters is how fast can you accelerate from 5-25 yards more than whether you’ll get caught from behind or catch up 70 yards downfield.
Agree. I definitely don't put much stock in 100m times for bigger guys in football. 10 and 20 yard splits are a greater determining factor for everyone except WRs and DBs.

VN Store

Back