'24 AR RB Braylen Russell (Arkansas commit)

It has been a good visit for four-star RB Braylen Russell, too, and I think Tennessee is still pretty optimistic about its chances of landing him. Not ready to count out Arkansas, and some close to the Razorbacks still think they have a real shot. But it’s worth noting that a lot of people in Arkansas even believe Tennessee might be the team to beat right now, and I think this weekend has only solidified the Vols’ standing at the top of his list.
-Callahan

"It was great being around them again," Russell said of Tennessee. "It's always a good time being around them and catching up with them. They are great people and great coaches. I enjoyed being out on the lake and just having a good time."
"They are definitely top three, definitely," Russell said of Tennessee.
He said they also “made it clear that I was a big priority and that they wanted me to come to Rocky Top.”

He said he's “really not worried about” depth charts as he continues to weigh his options and move toward a final decision. He said last month that his final choice will come down to “just people.”

“The people there are mainly what I’m looking for — if I can be around you and I like you, and won’t be miserable for four years,” Russell said at the time.
-Callahan

Larger RB,s like Mafah from Clemson and Rodriguez from KY, provide a really nice change of pace and allow a grinding running attack.
Thankfully UT has better OL play and will be able to cash in on that grinding rush attack.
You can't stack the box on us like you can against Kentucky though. That's why different types of RBs can have great success in our offense. You can be shifty and make the first man miss, speedy and out run the first defender, or powerful and break the first tackle. The result is still a lot of open field to run.

VN Store

Back