'24 AR RB Braylen Russell (Arkansas commit)

To be fair hindsight is 20/20, bur Wright was nowhere near this good last year. He was solid, but not close to an elite SEC back.

He got way stringer physically and his vision improved drastically.
Wright is averaging 6.5 yards this year with 1 TD.
Wright averaged 6.0 yards last year with 10 TD.

he does a have a lot more receiving yards though.

What does that have to do with now???? Obviously he worked on fixing the problem.
Well, let me break it down for you. You see, the comment you replied to...calling it "stupid"...was from back in July and used last season as a reference point, when fumbling was a problem for Wright. So, to answer your question, it has nothing to do with now, just like the original comment in which you replied.
eddiemurphythink.gif

It hasn’t happened in a while, maybe even all year, but it was a documented problem through his first two seasons.
He had surgery on his forearm or elbow last year (can’t remember exactly which part of the arm) and some speculated that it affected his grip and led to fumbling. May have been some validity to that.

Wright is averaging 6.5 yards this year with 1 TD.
Wright averaged 6.0 yards last year with 10 TD.

he does a have a lot more receiving yards though.
Hmmm I think this is an instance where stats lie. Our passing game was much more dynamic last year. The eye test says Wright is a much better back this year running behind a little worse line imo.

Hmmm I think this is an instance where stats lie. Our passing game was much more dynamic last year. The eye test says Wright is a much better back this year running behind a little worse line imo.
I just think the coaches got away from really featuring him because of the early fumbles. he cleaned them up, but it was "too late" to really take over. imo.

I just think the coaches got away from really featuring him because of the early fumbles. he cleaned them up, but it was "too late" to really take over. imo.
Idk. He had a lot of carries last year I think. Remember Small has had shoulder issues thoughout his time here so I think he was more limited due to that.

To be fair hindsight is 20/20, bur Wright was nowhere near this good last year. He was solid, but not close to an elite SEC back.

He got way stringer physically and his vision improved drastically.

This. He flashed potential last year but is one of the best RB's in the country this year. Strength & size has helped a LOT but his vision and overall running has gotten 100% better. He is much more patient with waiting for blocks to set up and sees running lanes as they are about to open. He also anticipates and sees the angle defenders are going to take and takes a better angle, bounces outside or bursts straight ahead. Agility, flexibility and lateral movement all way better.

He was a fast, straight line runner who was a little stiff, undersized, fumble prone and went down too easily before this season. Top tier RB in every way this year.

VN Store

Back