'24 AR RB Braylen Russell (Arkansas commit)

I believe both Keith and Russell have run times that translate to
11. 2 (100 meter speed) which honestly is pretty solid.

Not everyone is Sammy Brown or DK Metcalf that can run sub-11 at 230 lbs.
Sammy has run a better 100 than Cam Seldon. 10.7 vs 10.74.
Keith’s best 100m is 11.63 this spring. Russell ran 11.47 last spring, has a legit 4.52 40

Never understood why to 100m is really referenced. I mean I get that it shows what your top end speed looks like, but when will you ever run that far on any given football play? 40 times get a lot of flack, but let’s be honest, that’s really what matters is how fast can you accelerate from 5-25 yards more than whether you’ll get caught from behind or catch up 70 yards downfield.

400 meter is all that matters.

...and even WR's and DB's aren't running 100m in a straight line.
Well, they aren't doing that for 40 yards either. Yet, we still use it.

People were on here hollering at Hyatt because he ran a "slow" 4.41.

We certainly love that P. LEWIS runs a 10.5 in the 100 meter. Or Seldon runs 10.7
Sampson and White 10.6.

And if you have a big man that has the burst and endurance to run a respectable 100 meter time, then yeah...you absolutely put stock in it.

I think Tennessee has a very realistic shot at Russell. He's a former Arkansas commitment, and the Razorbacks are still in the picture — I would say they're still maybe the Vols' main competition for him going into his official visits, although he has yet to schedule an official visit to Arkansas — but the Vols have done a nice job with him. I think there's some cautious optimism about him on Tennessee's end as he prepares to take his official visits. Right now, I would say Russell is the Vols' most realistic possibility among their top remaining running-back targets.
callahan

My guess is that the coaches would take whoever commits first out of these three: Russell, Frazier, or Hill.

I believe both Keith and Russell have run times that translate to
11. 2 (100 meter speed) which honestly is pretty solid.

Not everyone is Sammy Brown or DK Metcalf that can run sub-11 at 230 lbs.
Sammy has run a better 100 than Cam Seldon. 10.7 vs 10.74.
Sammy has not run a 10.7 flat. These are his times. His absolute best time was 10.76. Most of his senior season times (which were his fastest times) were in the 10.9 range. Still very fast though.

Cam also ran multiple 10.7ish times and he and Sammy Brown were roughly the same size.

1685999706738.png

Last edited:
Sammy has not run a 10.7 flat. These are his times. His absolute best time was 10.76. Most of his senior season times (which were his fastest times) were in the 10.9 range. Still very fast though.

Cam also ran multiple 10.7ish times and he and Sammy Brown were roughly the same size.

View attachment 555093

Nah bruh! 😳🤯

Braylen Russell continues to be a running back Tennessee is recruiting heavily. He was at South Carolina last weekend, but the Gamecocks are not viewed as a strong contender at this stage. He will see Baylor this weekend, then Arkansas the following. The Razorbacks were not originally slated to get an OV, but Russell chose to trip there instead of Purdue on the 16th. This one most likely comes down to Tennessee and the in-state program. The Vols get the final visit on June 23rd.
-VQ

Arkansas running back Braylen Russell will be in Knoxville next weekend but has decided to visit his home state Hogs this weekend. He was once committed to Arkansas but felt like they dropped the ball and he opened things back up. Heading into this weekend, we still feel like the Vols are the team to beat before his July 14th announcement.
-VQ

Travis Henry ran a 4.61 at 230 lbs.

just saying........
Well, they aren't doing that for 40 yards either. Yet, we still use it.

People were on here hollering at Hyatt because he ran a "slow" 4.41.

We certainly love that P. LEWIS runs a 10.5 in the 100 meter. Or Seldon runs 10.7
Sampson and White 10.6.

And if you have a big man that has the burst and endurance to run a respectable 100 meter time, then yeah...you absolutely put stock in it.

Derrick Henry ran an 11.11 100m.............

VN Store

Back