'20 AR ATH Blayne Toll (Arkansas commit)

Some schools want him as a tight end and others see him being more of a playmaker on the defensive side. Tennessee likes him in both spots, but when push comes to shove, Toll says they like him as a defender. The Tennessee staff has made it clear they are looking for quality defensive linemen in the class of 2020 and he could help early.

"I know a little bit about Tennessee," Toll said. "What I really like is that I'd probably have a good shot to start my first year because they are recruiting me to play defensive end and they need help on the defensive line. That would be really cool to play early."

So what is that Tennessee likes about Toll's game? Well the fact that he has played nearly every position on the field is certainly a start.

"They like my versatility," Toll said. "They like that I play quarterback in high school and play on both sides of the ball. I've basically played everywhere on offense. That's what I've been doing my whole life. I've played several different positions growing up."

Tight ends coach Brian Niedermeyer has been recruiting Toll for Tennessee. He also speaks with head coach Jeremy Pruitt from time to time. A small town kid from Arkansas definitely likes what he hears from a small town guy from Alabama.

"We talk whenever we can," Toll said. "I like that he's a down to earth guy and I like that he's really real with me. He's calm and that helps a lot when you are recruiting someone. He's a good southern guy."

So when might Toll make his way east to Rocky Top?

"They want me to get up for a visit," Toll said. "I'd have went this weekend, but I have the prom so I had to stay for that."

At 6-foot-5 and 242 pounds, Toll showcases good size and plenty of athleticism. He brings a lot to the table.

"I'm really strong and I'm good with my hands," Toll said. "I also have a really good work ethic and know how to push myself. I won't stop working until I get where I want to go."
-VQ

Kid is jacked, big kid. Like our chances, basically 3 way race us, ole miss, and arky would guess.

Anyone worth their salt in recruiting know if he's a take or take late if need be?

This kid would be a great addition. Size & speed. Watching his film I wonder about the level of competition he has faced, but great potential!

This kid would be a great addition. Size & speed. Watching his film I wonder about the level of competition he has faced, but great potential!
I live in the area and the competition level is not very good but he does have great potential

Despite all the in-state defensive line targets, Tennessee hasn’t let up recruiting guys like Arkansas native Blayne Toll. Brian Niedermeyer has headlined Toll’s recruitment, with David Johnson and Jim Chaney, who visited the Hazen (Ark.) standout this week, part of the recruitment as well. Toll visited Knoxville in January. While some schools like him as a TE, Tennessee prefers him as a SDE. Toll released his Top 5 this week, naming UT along with Arkansas, Oklahoma, Ole Miss and Memphis.
VQ

247Sports has learned that Hazen (Ark.) High four-star defensive end/tight end Blayne Toll will take an official to Tennessee the weekend of June 21. The Vols are in Toll's top five alongside Oklahoma, Arkansas, Ole Miss and Memphis.

Toll last visited Knoxville in January.

The buzz regarding this recruitment is that the Sooners are currently the one to beat following a recent visit and offer. Tennessee is pushing hard in the No. 2 spot and the Razorbacks shouldn't be counted out as well.

The industry-generated 247Sports Composite ranks the 6-foot-5, 244-pound Toll as the nation's No. 14 strong-side defensive end and No. 1 recruit in the state of Arkansas overall.

-Wiltfong, 247

Toll looks like a great athlete, but I wonder how projecting him at DE will work if he has not played there much if at all. He is accustomed to having the ball in his hands. He might love him some TE.

VN Store

Back