AP Poll voters hate us

Just saw where the Vols fall to 12, and Houston, who lost to an unranked Navy team is at 10.

Shouldn'twe be ahead of them?

We won against appy state and drop like a rock, we fight ourway back up to 9th, take the 8th ranked team to double OT, while Houston falls to a team like Navy, and still out ranks us.

Where did you get the AP Poll dropped us to #12? They kept us at #9: The AP Top 25 Poll | NCAA College Football

Reactions: 1 person
THumbsdown for OP not "fact checking" before posting, as Hillary would say. The Donald would not be pleased...

Its funny you calling out the OP on fact checking, when you didn't "check" to see he made this thread well before AP poll was posted.

It is akin to calling out someone for "speeling"

He saw a prediction article somewhere and made an honest mistake.

Last edited:
Where did you get the AP Poll dropped us to #12? They kept us at #9: The AP Top 25 Poll | NCAA College Football

Anyone who would read through the thread would see that he saw some prediction blog and thought it was the real thing.

I am hoping the mods might delete the thread so people will stop bashing the guy for an honest mistake.

Not saying you bashed him..but plenty of others have been pretty rude.

Really wish everyone here could stop attacking other UT fans, but then again it would not be a very entertaining board if that happened.

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone who would read through the thread would see that he saw some prediction blog and thought it was the real thing.

I am hoping the mods might delete the thread so people will stop bashing the guy for an honest mistake.

Not saying you bashed him..but plenty of others have been pretty rude.

Really wish everyone here could stop attacking other UT fans, but then again it would not be a very entertaining board if that happened.

No, I wasn't bashing him for sure. I know what's it's like to be bashed myself. I agree with you on that part. I believe some people only get on the these boards to make others lives miserable. Thanks!

Here is my prediction on how a number 1 ranking will come to pass for our beloved vols:
Alabama looses to Tennessee
Wisconsin beats Ohio St
Clemson looses to NC State because its probably going to rain.
Coach Harbaugh finally gets pissed about recieving only one vote in the AP poll goes back to the pros. Michigan looses the rest of the season.
Washington will continue to win until they plat the tree hippies....boom out of the way!
aTm looses next week to a motivated bummer team
Tennesse wins out
hahahahaha :loco:

Are you talking about Stanford (mascot is a tree) or Cal? Because Stanford got stomped by Washington and Cal isn't very good.

If somehow UT could cancel this game we could move up 4 spots like UF did in the coaches poll

No, I wasn't bashing him for sure. I know what's it's like to be bashed myself. I agree with you on that part. I believe some people only get on the these boards to make others lives miserable. Thanks!

You live close enough to him to blast if you wished. Not many people know where Mt Carmel is located

Just saw where the Vols fall to 12, and Houston, who lost to an unranked Navy team is at 10.

Shouldn'twe be ahead of them?

We won against appy state and drop like a rock, we fight ourway back up to 9th, take the 8th ranked team to double OT, while Houston falls to a team like Navy, and still out ranks us.

I evidently read a prediction, and it wasn't the actual poll. So AP poll loves us now. It was fun though.

We have plenty of time to climb back up. For instance, worse case scenario, we lose to Alabama. That is our last loss of the season.
A & M loses to Alabama. Ohio State loses to Wisconsin or to Michigan. If Houston lost to Navy, I am sure there is another loss in their schedule. Teams above us will start to fall but we will have gotten our one or two losses for the season done.
After the Alabama game, there are still six more weeks left in the regular schedule. Should we fall to # 15 in the worse case scenario with a loss to Alabama, then we have six weeks to climb back in to the top # 10.
Thank goodness that we lost early and not late in the season.

It's actually Church Hill & not Mt. Carmel. No big deal because you're in one town before you know you've left the other anyhow. :wink::p

I grew up in Rogersville so I am familiar with the landscape inHawkins Co. I never knew why Mt Carmel has its own name. I have a nephew who retire from the Kingsport Press. Do you happen to know the guy who owned the Drug Store in Church Hill?

Last edited:
I grew up in Rogersville so I am familiar with the landscape inHawkins Co. I never knew why Mt Carmel has its own name. I have a nephew who retire from the Kingsport Press. Do you happen to know the guy who owned the Drug Store in Church Hill?

The one that owns it right now? No, I don't personally know him but my wife knows a couple of the pharmacists pretty well.

VN Store

Back