Anyone that doesn’t “care” about tomorrows game …

I just turned 78 and just renewed my season tickets for the fifty fourth (54th) year, have missed three (3) games in the first 53 seasons.September 10, 2017 the day after the first game of the season I had a massive stroke (came within 5 minutes of being dead) I missed one game that season.
You sir, are a true VFL and I salute you! I haven't had season tickets for anywhere near as long as you but hope to continue renewing my tickets and going to games into my 70s. I met a gentleman in my parking garage elevator at a game last year who's been a season ticket holder for 47 years and thought he would be the longest season ticket holder I would ever meet but you definitely take the cake!

Thank you for many decades of unwavering support of our Tennessee Volunteers!!

Never take any game, or the memories made through the games, etc. for granted. I am a UT fan because of my dad (he was from TN). For as long as I can remember, on Saturday’s we wore orange. He passed away last Christmas Day at the age of 71. I have no siblings so he was always the one I talked UT sports with. I remember him taking me to Neyland for the first time. We went to back to back SEC Championship games in ‘97 & ‘98, and almost every SEC stadium to watch the VOLS play (even Legion field and the upset at Memphis 😡). I still catch myself wanting to pick up the phone to call or text after a game or when a big time recruit commits to UT, etc. I am grateful that he got to see a UT football program, and athletics overall, that is improving and finally seems to be headed in the right direction. Some people may think that this is just a routine game against a bad Vandy team. But to a kid sitting in the nose-bleeds in Neyland with his or her dad, it’s their first trip to watch the VOLS in person. So it’s more than just a football game to so many people. It’s literally memories that last a lifetime. God bless and GO BIG ORANGE!

Never take any game, or the memories made through the games, etc. for granted. I am a UT fan because of my dad (he was from TN). For as long as I can remember, on Saturday’s we wore orange. He passed away last Christmas Day at the age of 71. I have no siblings so he was always the one I talked UT sports with. I remember him taking me to Neyland for the first time. We went to back to back SEC Championship games in ‘97 & ‘98, and almost every SEC stadium to watch the VOLS play (even Legion field and the upset at Memphis 😡). I still catch myself wanting to pick up the phone to call or text after a game or when a big time recruit commits to UT, etc. I am grateful that he got to see a UT football program, and athletics overall, that is improving and finally seems to be headed in the right direction. Some people may think that this is just a routine game against a bad Vandy team. But to a kid sitting in the nose-bleeds in Neyland with his or her dad, it’s their first trip to watch the VOLS in person. So it’s more than just a football game to so many people. It’s literally memories that last a lifetime. God bless and GO BIG ORANGE!
I think you nailed it…it’s not exactly about football…but the memories and relationships you shared with someone you loved more than life. I usually spend 3 days( Friday-Sunday) several times a year with several close friends playing golf, tailgating, and then to the game. We all agreed several years ago…ITS NOT REALLY ABOUT THE GAME AS MUCH AS SPENDING TIME WITH PEOPLE WE LOVE…Thanks for sharing!

Get your ass in gear and start to appreciate you only have so many of these vol games that God has given….

I’m damn near 60 and figure each one of these might be my last so GBFO and give a toast to your big orange friends! They won’t be here forever and also say a prayer of Thanksgiving that this is not our last Vol game sending us to see ole General Neyland … Lord knows Bama fans are going to hell… (kinda of joking)

Enjoy the day!
I couldn’t agree more. OP is a True Tennessee Vol. Bama fan do go to hell

Reactions: BruinVol and Ratvol
I just turned 78 and just renewed my season tickets for the fifty fourth (54th) year, have missed three (3) games in the first 53 seasons.September 10, 2017 the day after the first game of the season I had a massive stroke (came within 5 minutes of being dead) I missed one game that season.
I had a stroke in 2009 on a Tuesday and did not go to the Hospital until Saturday. Long story...

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and concerns. I am recovering well and have 3 more chemo sessions to go.

For the first time in my life I m skinny and bald.:)

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I attended my first game and sat in the green bleachers. We weren’t very good but I was hooked! Experienced some amazing times over the years. The highlight of my journey was today taking my son to his first game and passing on the the utter joy of being a Vol fan, it doesn’t get much better

Reactions: DuckInAPen

VN Store

Back