Anyone that doesn’t “care” about tomorrows game …

BruinVol

Get your ass in gear and start to appreciate you only have so many of these vol games that God has given….

I’m damn near 60 and figure each one of these might be my last so GBFO and give a toast to your big orange friends! They won’t be here forever and also say a prayer of Thanksgiving that this is not our last Vol game sending us to see ole General Neyland … Lord knows Bama fans are going to hell… (kinda of joking)

Enjoy the day!

Last edited:
It may just be Vandy, but these two guys always cared and so do I

images
96930-6817501Fr.jpg

Get your ass in gear and start to appreciate you only have so many of these vol games that God has given….

I’m damn near 60 and figure each one of these might be my last so GBFO and give a toast to your big orange friends! They won’t be here forever and also say a prayer of Thanksgiving that this is not our last Vol game sending us to see ole General Neyland … Lord knows Bama fans are going to hell… (kinda of joking)

Enjoy the day!
Any day we play is a great day!!!

58 here. As usual, the season has gone by faster than it seems possible. And, as usual, I'm already excited about what kind of team we might field next season.

Looking forward to today's game and whatever bowl game we get. Enjoy it while it lasts, because it's a looong offseason.

Enjoy the day!
New prescription?

Turned 70 in June, used to think that was old, now that I've achieved it, it doesn't seem that old anymore. Like all fans on here, I would have loved an undefeated season and being playoff bound.

Heupel is handcuffed this year after all the transfers after the Pruitt mess, so not disappointed in an 8 win season. His first recruiting class was not a full class, and more or less signing who he could on short notice. Recruiting has improved and we are in on some very talented players, so I expect better results down the road. It's still gonna take some time to be at the level of Georgia, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, and a few others, but I have faith that we'll get there. Now if the good Lord will give me a few more years to see it, that would be great.

I don't care about the game unless Tennessee loses. It will be on but there is not focus or attention given to Vandy.

Enjoy the day!
Brother, there are a great many things that I realize I only have so many years left to enjoy. However college football is pretty far down the list. I enjoy the Vols. I enjoy college football. Following it is a hobby for me, it's not a way of life. I have other things that take much higher precedence.

60+ here…and for the 5th time this year I left Walton’s Mountain to drive 5+ hours here…’cause I know I ve got more of these games BEHIND me…than AHEAD of me.

How ‘BOUT them VOLS??!!

Reactions: onthehill71
Brother, there are a great many things that I realize I only have so many years left to enjoy. However college football is pretty far down the list. I enjoy the Vols. I enjoy college football. Following it is a hobby for me, it's not a way of life. I have other things that take much higher precedence.
I realized many years ago that football is entertainment, not life. As much as I enjoy watching Tennessee football, as you stated, it doesn't consume my life.

Enjoy the day!
76 and taking chemo for Lymphoma . First Vol team I haven't seen in person since the 1952 team.

I will be 60 in February and I feel the same way.
I just turned 78 and just renewed my season tickets for the fifty fourth (54th) year, have missed three (3) games in the first 53 seasons.September 10, 2017 the day after the first game of the season I had a massive stroke (came within 5 minutes of being dead) I missed one game that season.

Enjoy the day!
PREACH! At 56, I've been going to see the Vols play since early 80's. Been very fortunate to have witnessed some incredible games with good friends over the years and even traveled to Arizona (without ticket in hand) to see Vols win the 1998 National Championship with my step-dad. So many great memories. I never take anything for granted.

My step-dad is now in his early 80s and loves to see the Vols play but the hilly walks and stadium steps are rough on him. I get him to agree to go to one game each season and know he doesn't have too many seasons left. Gotta figure out a way to drop him off close to stadium before parking in my usual spot.

I just hope I can see the Vols win one more National Championship before I die. I think we're headed in the right direction. GBO!!

Reactions: orangepenez
My wife is from Middle TN and her father was a big Vandy fan.
He is no longer with us, but he got to really give me a lot of grief from 2012 to 2019 when he passed away.
It is best to take care of business, even against a lesser opponent. This means a whole lot to them.

VN Store

Back