Anyone need a good laugh?

Ridiculous, fear mongering idiocy.

fear? more like reality. Unless you are saying fossil fuels will never run out and that wars aren't being fought over fuel sources you are full of it, if that is what you are saying you need to learn what you are talking about.

Reactions: 2 people
fear? more like reality. Unless you are saying fossil fuels will never run out and that wars aren't being fought over fuel sources you are full of it, if that is what you are saying you need to learn what you are talking about.

Please tell us when fossil fuels are gonna run out.

According to my grade school teachers we are already supposed to have run out.

Scared the hell out of a little boy.

Please tell us when fossil fuels are gonna run out.

According to my grade school teachers we are already supposed to have run out.

Scared the hell out of a little boy.

i have no fricking clue, if you read my posts I say nothing about decreasing the amount we are getting. I just want to see us invest, just start building a renewable, sustainable energy system. What is wrong with that? I don't want it to replace the current system tomorrow, or ten years from or even 20 or 30. I just want to see it built up to be a competitor on the open free market, yet the capitalist O&G don't want to see a competitor so they label it communist. Just build it up little by little, even if it is just 1% a year of whatever O&G is I would be happy. I don't like being dependent on a few systems and would be much more comfortable if we could depend on more systems. really, what is the problem with that?

Reactions: 1 person
i have no fricking clue, if you read my posts I say nothing about decreasing the amount we are getting. I just want to see us invest, just start building a renewable, sustainable energy system. What is wrong with that? I don't want it to replace the current system tomorrow, or ten years from or even 20 or 30. I just want to see it built up to be a competitor on the open free market, yet the capitalist O&G don't want to see a competitor so they label it communist. Just build it up little by little, even if it is just 1% a year of whatever O&G is I would be happy. I don't like being dependent on a few systems and would be much more comfortable if we could depend on more systems. really, what is the problem with that?

Louder: "Unless you are saying fossil fuels will never run out"

The feds could put windmills and solar panels and dams and stuff all in the medians of interstate highways...they control the land

You did a fabulous job projecting your issues onto my 4 word post. Yes, i used the word "fear" because the post i referenced was crafted either in a fearful state of mind or to gin up fear in the reader. Our economy is no more addicted to FFs, than you are food. FFs are the chosen source because they are cheap, stable, and dependable. Once that is no longer the case, then FFs will be replaced by something else. There is no need to fret. And there is certainly nothing federal agencies which are run by the most corrupt people among us, ruling-class politicians, should do to prematurely switch us over to other forms of energy.
Do you worry over how to keep your perishable foods cold or frozen? Of course not! A hundred years ago you would have. Are you concerned that there aren't enough whales in the oceans to light all of our homes? Are you still drawing water from a cistern for your family and livestock? The point is this; we are a constantly evolving world. New technologies, better health and safety, and concepts inconceivable to one generation aren't even an afterthought to another generation. Everything will be fine, LouderVol. So, go to the games and raise he11, without any concern. You, your family and your descendants will enjoy a quality of life unimaginable to you and me.

You did a fabulous job projecting your issues onto my 4 word post. Yes, i used the word "fear" because the post i referenced was crafted either in a fearful state of mind or to gin up fear in the reader. Our economy is no more addicted to FFs, than you are food. FFs are the chosen source because they are cheap, stable, and dependable. Once that is no longer the case, then FFs will be replaced by something else. There is no need to fret. And there is certainly nothing federal agencies which are run by the most corrupt people among us, ruling-class politicians, should do to prematurely switch us over to other forms of energy.
Do you worry over how to keep your perishable foods cold or frozen? Of course not! A hundred years ago you would have. Are you concerned that there aren't enough whales in the oceans to light all of our homes? Are you still drawing water from a cistern for your family and livestock? The point is this; we are a constantly evolving world. New technologies, better health and safety, and concepts inconceivable to one generation aren't even an afterthought to another generation. Everything will be fine, LouderVol. So, go to the games and raise he11, without any concern. You, your family and your descendants will enjoy a quality of life unimaginable to you and me.

thats basically what I am saying, why not have another system? Not saying get rid of FFs, not saying they aren't doing the job or wont for the rest of my life, but whats wrong with being prepared? The progress you are talking about is what I am suggesting, but why wait until the end to have another system in place? that is what has doomed us in the past, waiting until a problem arises to deal with even if we knew about it beforehand.

and for your information I do worry about keeping my food cold, power goes out what do you have to back it up? Me, I am a poor bachelor so for me its a couple extra bags of ice in the freezer along with some ice packs that serve double duty. I also live in Atlanta, so yes I worry about water supply and also power. Down here its all 'dirty' systems are there are power fluctuations all the time and 'brown outs', which kill computers, I have a UPC (desktop battery) which gives me 5-10 mins to shut down. having back ups and being prepared is not a bad thing, it allows one to ride out the storms instead of freaking out and rushing to the supermarket to pick up bread and milk.

thats basically what I am saying, why not have another system? Not saying get rid of FFs, not saying they aren't doing the job or wont for the rest of my life, but whats wrong with being prepared? The progress you are talking about is what I am suggesting, but why wait until the end to have another system in place? that is what has doomed us in the past, waiting until a problem arises to deal with even if we knew about it beforehand.

and for your information I do worry about keeping my food cold, power goes out what do you have to back it up? Me, I am a poor bachelor so for me its a couple extra bags of ice in the freezer along with some ice packs that serve double duty. I also live in Atlanta, so yes I worry about water supply and also power. Down here its all 'dirty' systems are there are power fluctuations all the time and 'brown outs', which kill computers, I have a UPC (desktop battery) which gives me 5-10 mins to shut down. having back ups and being prepared is not a bad thing, it allows one to ride out the storms instead of freaking out and rushing to the supermarket to pick up bread and milk.

You gotta get out of Atlanta. You're trapped like a duck in a pen.

Fear mongering?

You'll admit that our federal agencies are run by corrupt politicians but you're still willing to trust that they will support replacing their finite fuel sources with renewable ones?

Finite fuel sources by nature become ever more precious as we consume them. That expense is passed on to the consumer and the industry that controls that energy source becomes richer and more powerful. Renewable energy doesnt offer nearly the same return.

I'm not fear mongering.. I agree with you that our politicians are corrupted and being heavily influenced by big oil businesses. I see no reason why the oil industry would ever put itself out of business on it's own accord.

We won't run out of fossil fuels for 200-300 years. There's a lot of oil that hasn't been dug up.

In the mean time, ever increasing costs of fuel will drive up prices and further increase the gap between the ruling and working class.

Not to mention the terrible amount of pollution oil drilling along causes all over the world.

In the mean time, ever increasing costs of fuel will drive up prices and further increase the gap between the ruling and working class.

Not to mention the terrible amount of pollution oil drilling along causes all over the world.
If true then the market will provide cheaper alternatives. Why does the govt need to intervene?

Reactions: 1 person
If true then the market will provide cheaper alternatives. Why does the govt need to intervene?

Precisely. But where's the fun in that? Drama, anxiety, and "woe-is-me-isms" are exciting for some.

batman-facepalm.gif

VN Store

Back