Anyone have any updates on Jeremy Banks's status?

What Banks did was horrible. I do not agree with it, it is unacceptable, and shows a lack of maturity.
What Jauan did was also, horrible, I do not agree with it, unacceptable, and shows a lack of maturity.

I think we often forget that good sized portion of the players that are on our football team come from HORRIBLE home lives. Alot of them come from gang life and inner cities. With that being said I do not give them a pass for being stupid but I do give them a chance to learn from it and become better humans.

Gonna be a buncha sore asses in here on the 8th of June when he’s back in the room clanging weights with the boys.
These are the type of people that wish absolute punishment on everyone possible because it makes them feel better about themselves. Much worse people than Jeremy Banks, who made a bonehead mistake as a teenager.

Think what you want. You're wrong, but I mean, think whatever you want.
If it's your football team then you should hire and fire coaches, recruit players, call plays....etc..

Or move out of state to say Georgia and pay taxes there....then that makes Georgia your school. Tax money does not fund athletics idiot

I know with all the 'cruit loot we have been getting in the last few weeks as well as the pandemic, JB's name has faded into the background. Even so, beyond his ability to contribute to TN, I hope for his own sake that he is not lost in the shuffle. I hope he either comes back or Pruitt helps him get into another program where he can show his skills and more importantly, has a chance to make something positive of his life.

Kids (and adults) F-up and sometimes the penalties for that can (and should) be severe but it is important to learn from it and not lose hope. I would like to think that our coaches understand that too and continue to support (former?) players as young men, even those who need a swift kick in the ass now and then. From all we have heard, Pruitt is that kind of guy.

For those wondering what JB has been up to lately, I saw this...

Thanks for posting this. Good for him. Glad to see him doing well.

Reactions: OG.V83 and lexkyvol
It's not yours, mine, or anyone but Coach Pruitt's football team.

The he!! you say. I’m a lifelong investor...almost a half-century. He is an employee. Yes, he is paid to make decisions like this and produce results....for our football team and its investors like me, you and all of Volnation. I support him in every endeavor because I believe this coach and staff are doing things that will soon yield big returns.

Reactions: 08Vol
These are the type of people that wish absolute punishment on everyone possible because it makes them feel better about themselves. Much worse people than Jeremy Banks, who made a bonehead mistake as a teenager.
Alot of Folks on this board would rather sing about getting Corn from a jar as opposed to Amazing Grace. I happen to like both. Tough day @ the office, good night.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Well, there may not be a scholly left for him. They are disappearing fast. Welcome aboard Trinity Bell! 2021 Class now at 24 recruits.

Maybe CJP offers him a preferred Walk-on as sort of a probation?

I believe he would count for his original class, but we still have to make it work with 85 scholarships.

Well something prompted this response. And BTW, I don't drink or do drugs; I'm just very intense in my convictions. No Fence Sitter. And really don't Give a poop what anyone thinks.
Well, don't come around here looking for sympathy.
My advice.....see the movies "Caddyshack" and "Animal House" without delay.

Lol. It’s more out than coach Pruitt’s
No it’s not, you’re sounding like an idiot... I’ve yet to hear player say I want to play for chattavol420. I pay federal taxes yet I’m not going to go around telling people I own the government just because I pay taxes.

Reactions: 84Volfan
If you love Jauan Jennings but cant find it in your heart to give Jeremy Banks a second chance. Imma need you to revalue your morals in life.

They will say no now that JJ is gone.
Comparing apples to oranges. Not same situation. Jennings told someone off in a video. Banks was arrested basically telling the female cop he'd kill her if they were in his old neighborhood. It's not the same.

So, no I dont want him back. He was not good in the first place. Slow at backer and could not fill a hole. We have tons at backer now and he was sub par anyways. Not like he was anything special.

Reactions: 08Vol
"HARSH"? Really? The truth too harsh for yah? Dude THREATENED Police Officers; (Who BTW were very Lenient) Go ahead and reinstate Banks. SEE how that helps UT's Image. Do you want a Team of Bank's or a Team Of Trey Smith's ? WHAT is the obsession with some on VN with Banks? Did you NOT watch the Video? All Of it? Wow. Crazy.
He sure enough ran his mouth in an incredibly inappropriate manner. NO question. This kid screwed up BIG time.
I don't want a "team of thugs". Don't want the Tennessee volunteers to become a program where it's generally understood that you can get away with anything so long as you produce on the field. All that said..
I'd like to see Jeremy back on the team. I know...sounds like I just contradicted myself, but I don't believe he is quite the "bad-azz thug" that he characterized himself as in his idiotic rant. The poster I quoted above asked if we would not prefer a team of Trey Smiths. Of course we would like to have an entire team like Trey, which brings up an interesting question:
?? How does Trey feel about playing with Jeremy going forward..??
Do the players have any input in this..?? Should they have any ??

"HARSH"? Really? The truth too harsh for yah? Dude THREATENED Police Officers; (Who BTW were very Lenient) Go ahead and reinstate Banks. SEE how that helps UT's Image. Do you want a Team of Bank's or a Team Of Trey Smith's ? WHAT is the obsession with some on VN with Banks? Did you NOT watch the Video? All Of it? Wow. Crazy.

Him threatening the police is debatable. I think (in my humble opinion) that the young man was gravely misunderstood. In that, he possibly meant that where he comes from, people are committing serious crimes and genuinely didnt understand why he was being arrested for something that, in his mind, was trivial when compared to the the violent Crimes being committed where he is from.

I hope this is another redemption story in the making. They made the right decision regarding JJ. I trust that whatever they decide will be right for the program either way.
I would like to see him in the orange and white again. Kid has heart and plays with a different level of tenacity than most. Pulling for you JB

Reactions: O.G.HomeGrownUTVOL
FWIW

Just for comparison, I know a young man who got really messed up selling drugs and got thrown in the state prison
for about 5-51/2 years. He realized he had messed up bad and worked hard to get out by behaving. Got out on probation for
another 8 years.

He had always heard, "well, you have to pay your debt to society". He did that, but society doesn't forget. He was happy to get out
and said, "I'm gonna get me a job and stay straight". Not far into every job application, he was confronted with, "have you ever
been convicted of a felony", so, in short, society left him with no where, and I mean nowhere, to go. He now owns his own barber
shop in Murfreesboro.

My whole point is, I think this young man's future hangs on with whether society can allow him to be forgiven and get behind
and encourage him to succeed. It feels great to feel it happen and when given the chance, most young men will learn from their
mistakes and jump at the opportunity to make things right. I think Jeremy Banks would. My son did.

Well said.

Reactions: salsahound

VN Store

Back