Anyone have any updates on Jeremy Banks's status?

So no taxes collected in Tennessee go into the state appropriations funding pool for in states schools? Cool.
For the school yes, but not the athletic programs....if there were no sports would the universities still operate? Better statement would be to replace team with school.

Reactions: irish1485
Well something prompted this response.

And BTW, I don't drink or do drugs; I'm just very intense in my convictions. No Fence Sitter. And really don't Give a poop what anyone thinks.
It was just a comment.

Lulz, you think we give a poop what you think? If nobody gives a poop what anybody thinks, why are we here?

FWIW

Just for comparison, I know a young man who got really messed up selling drugs and got thrown in the state prison
for about 5-51/2 years. He realized he had messed up bad and worked hard to get out by behaving. Got out on probation for
another 8 years.

He had always heard, "well, you have to pay your debt to society". He did that, but society doesn't forget. He was happy to get out
and said, "I'm gonna get me a job and stay straight". Not far into every job application, he was confronted with, "have you ever
been convicted of a felony", so, in short, society left him with no where, and I mean nowhere, to go. He now owns his own barber
shop in Murfreesboro.

My whole point is, I think this young man's future hangs on with whether society can allow him to be forgiven and get behind
and encourage him to succeed. It feels great to feel it happen and when given the chance, most young men will learn from their
mistakes and jump at the opportunity to make things right. I think Jeremy Banks would. My son did.

Yessir. A felony is bigger than paying your debt back. I've noticed that check box on more than a few important things. Often wondered how hard it would be to dig out of mistakes like that. Knowing the stupidity of my teen and college years, I could have easily been in the same situation had the "ball bounced a little different direction". Great to hear him overcoming!

If you follow his social media, he's made an amazing turnaround. Hopefully his mistake with the police is a turning point in his life. It appears that it's made for a great testimony. I'm definitely pulling for him. I bet he'll be back once practice starts.
Most criminals in prison claim to be reformed. Only time will tell with JB. I’ll accept whatever decision JP makes. I’m rooting for him to make it because he may be a helluva RB/LB for the Vols.

I have to give him credit, he is working harder with his heart to get out of the hole, than he worked with his mouth to dig it. He has changed my mind. I will support him coming back to the team, but I would give him a very short leash. If he is who we see on twitter, it would not be a problem. If he works on the field like he has this winter and spring at rehabbing his image, he will be a benefit to this team.

If you follow his social media, he's made an amazing turnaround. Hopefully his mistake with the police is a turning point in his life. It appears that it's made for a great testimony. I'm definitely pulling for him. I bet he'll be back once practice starts.
It's not an amazing turnaround. Its predictable. Kind of cringy. I don't believe he will be back. On the Jennings comparison, 2 things. All Jennings did was call out the stupid coaches for being stupid. I think we can all agree they were dumb and the criticism was well deserved. He was not in any legal trouble. Also JJ was one of the best players on the team. We needed him. Banks doesnt even have a position. He cant stop fumbling at RB and idk how well you keep up with recruiting, but we have some damn good LBs coming in. IMO the hit UTs image would take outweighs the benefits of him coming back. Also keep in mind he is free to go elsewhere, we arent "putting him out on the streets" as one poster put it.

Most criminals in prison claim to be reformed. Only time will tell with JB. I’ll accept whatever decision JP makes. I’m rooting for him to make it because he may be a helluva RB/LB for the Vols.

Exactly. I don't care what they claim, I care what they do - and so far, JB is doing the right things. Hopefully, it was the wakeup call that he needed to get and stay on the right path. I am agnostic on whether at UT or elsewhere but I think Pruitt would have told him flat out if there were NO chance for him to earn his way back. I suspect in the end, he will be back and he will be the better for having had to earn the second chance.

With the recruiting now, I really dont care about the slot he fills so much as think it would be a terrible waste for him to have made a stupid mistake that ruins his life. A better role model to those he could influence is to do what he is doing now, come back and ball out - and his good behavior example be the story to many who might follow it.

It's not an amazing turnaround. Its predictable. Kind of cringy. I don't believe he will be back. On the Jennings comparison, 2 things. All Jennings did was call out the stupid coaches for being stupid. I think we can all agree they were dumb and the criticism was well deserved. He was not in any legal trouble. Also JJ was one of the best players on the team. We needed him. Banks doesnt even have a position. He cant stop fumbling at RB and idk how well you keep up with recruiting, but we have some damn good LBs coming in. IMO the hit UTs image would take outweighs the benefits of him coming back. Also keep in mind he is free to go elsewhere, we arent "putting him out on the streets" as one poster put it.
Jennings released a profanity laced rant on social media...polar opposite of SMART. It demanded a response and if he had gotten a free pass I don’t believe he would have left the program the VFL icon that he his. Hoke did very little in his baby sitting job, but not burning Jennings redshirt for one game and giving him the ultimate life lesson that there is always someone to whom you have to answer counts as something. He demanded to play QB against Vandy after not playing the whole damn season and barely attending classes...what was HE right about?

He isn't in prison and apparently has no guarantees of ever playing for UT yet. It looks like he's living it and not just talking it. I've always thought that if this kid would do what was asked and face and correct the attitude that caused him to do what he did... he should get a shot. Great opportunity for UT to reach not just him but the community he comes from... to build a bridge instead of burning one.

His roster position if he comes back will count for the 85 limit, right?
Yes, if his scholarship is returned. If not, he wouldn’t be offered a PWO...he’d just return. I think the coaches have his spot reserved. Without the Covid, he’d already be one the roster imo.

He isn't in prison and apparently has no guarantees of ever playing for UT yet. It looks like he's living it and not just talking it. I've always thought that if this kid would do what was asked and face and correct the attitude that caused him to do what he did... he should get a shot. Great opportunity for UT to reach not just him but the community he comes from... to build a bridge instead of burning one.
As I stated I’m rooting for him. The prison comment was an analogy as you probably are aware.

Reactions: OG.V83
FWIW

Just for comparison, I know a young man who got really messed up selling drugs and got thrown in the state prison
for about 5-51/2 years. He realized he had messed up bad and worked hard to get out by behaving. Got out on probation for
another 8 years.

He had always heard, "well, you have to pay your debt to society". He did that, but society doesn't forget. He was happy to get out
and said, "I'm gonna get me a job and stay straight". Not far into every job application, he was confronted with, "have you ever
been convicted of a felony", so, in short, society left him with no where, and I mean nowhere, to go. He now owns his own barber
shop in Murfreesboro.

My whole point is, I think this young man's future hangs on with whether society can allow him to be forgiven and get behind
and encourage him to succeed. It feels great to feel it happen and when given the chance, most young men will learn from their
mistakes and jump at the opportunity to make things right. I think Jeremy Banks would. My son did.

And now your son runs a clip joint, eh?

Just kidding. That is a good, but tough story. JB, if given the chance, could become a leader and a top notch player because he knows now what he has to lose.

Jennings released a profanity laced rant on social media...polar opposite of SMART. It demanded a response and if he had gotten a free pass I don’t believe he would have left the program the VFL icon that he his. Hoke did very little in his baby sitting job, but not burning Jennings redshirt for one game and giving him the ultimate life lesson that there is always someone to whom you have to answer counts as something. He demanded to play QB against Vandy after not playing the whole damn season and barely attending classes...what was HE right about?
Not saying either of them were in the right. IMO what it comes down to is what Jennings did was not as bad as what Banks did. That's it.

Not saying either of them were in the right. IMO what it comes down to is what Jennings did was not as bad as what Banks did. That's it.
Exactly...opinion. You mess up and the coaches are willing to give you another shot? These rest goes out with the bath water.

Well something prompted this response. And BTW, I don't drink or do drugs; I'm just very intense in my convictions. No Fence Sitter. And really don't Give a poop what anyone thinks.
Thought just last week you posted something about gin and tonic. Must be thinking of someone else. Never too late to start. With you on the fence sitting, especially if it's barbed wire.

Exactly...opinion. You mess up and the coaches are willing to give you another shot? These rest goes out with the bath water.
of course it's just my opinion. Never said it was anything else. Banks trouble involved the law and LEOs, that's why I dont think he will be back. Am I actively rooting for him not to be allowed back? No. Would I be shocked if he comes back? No. I just dont think it's going to happen. Nothing personal against the kid. Sometimes you make a mistake and you pay dearly sometimes you get a 2nd chance. That's life.

Reactions: 08Vol
of course it's just my opinion. Never said it was anything else. Banks trouble involved the law and LEOs, that's why I dont think he will be back. Am I actively rooting for him not to be allowed back? No. Would I be shocked if he comes back? No. I just dont think it's going to happen. Nothing personal against the kid. Sometimes you make a mistake and you pay dearly sometimes you get a 2nd chance. That's life.
Price disagrees.
Jeremy Banks will be back in June, per AP.

Actually the board of directors and the President would probably have ownership of the team, that said, it takes everybody to be on board in decisions like these in order to have a championship program, fans included.
Guys like Nick Saban have 100% control over their programs, unless they pull a Jerry Sandusky then they just tell the administration to F off. All that being said, every indication out there says Banks will be back on the team.

Reactions: LAVol1 and butchna

VN Store

Back