Anyone have any updates on Jeremy Banks's status?

Gandalf

The Orange/White Wizard
I know with all the 'cruit loot we have been getting in the last few weeks as well as the pandemic, JB's name has faded into the background. Even so, beyond his ability to contribute to TN, I hope for his own sake that he is not lost in the shuffle. I hope he either comes back or Pruitt helps him get into another program where he can show his skills and more importantly, has a chance to make something positive of his life.

Kids (and adults) F-up and sometimes the penalties for that can (and should) be severe but it is important to learn from it and not lose hope. I would like to think that our coaches understand that too and continue to support (former?) players as young men, even those who need a swift kick in the ass now and then. From all we have heard, Pruitt is that kind of guy.

For those wondering what JB has been up to lately, I saw this...

Well, there may not be a scholly left for him. They are disappearing fast. Welcome aboard Trinity Bell! 2021 Class now at 24 recruits.

Maybe CJP offers him a preferred Walk-on as sort of a probation?

Reactions: eroller1141@gmail
Unless he screws up, he will be on the field first game.
He's not even on the team yet you have him playing in 3 months? He's done at Tn unless 4 or 5 on the roster transfer out, he's missed his shot I think. I've got no problem w him coming back, just don't see it happening, looks like Pruitt has moved on to me.

Reactions: 08Vol
I know with all the 'cruit loot we have been getting in the last few weeks as well as the pandemic, JB's name has faded into the background. Even so, beyond his ability to contribute to TN, I hope for his own sake that he is not lost in the shuffle. I hope he either comes back or Pruitt helps him get into another program where he can show his skills and more importantly, has a chance to make something positive of his life.

Kids (and adults) F-up and sometimes the penalties for that can (and should) be severe but it is important to learn from it and not lose hope. I would like to think that our coaches understand that too and continue to support (former?) players as young men, even those who need a swift kick in the ass now and then. From all we have heard, Pruitt is that kind of guy.

For those wondering what JB has been up to lately, I saw this...

I'm all for giving this kid a second chance, just not on our football team.

It's not yours, mine, or anyone but Coach Pruitt's football team.
Actually the board of directors and the President would probably have ownership of the team, that said, it takes everybody to be on board in decisions like these in order to have a championship program, fans included.

Reactions: 08Vol
Ridiculous if we take him back after that outburst! He needs to be kicked off so another rival program can offer him a 2nd chance. Meanwhile, we can offer 2nd chances to the other rival programs outcasts who made mistakes to build our roster. That way all programs show how principled, and upstanding they are, yet still keep winning! It's the PC way.

Last edited:

"HARSH"? Really? The truth too harsh for yah? Dude THREATENED Police Officers; (Who BTW were very Lenient) Go ahead and reinstate Banks. SEE how that helps UT's Image. Do you want a Team of Bank's or a Team Of Trey Smith's ? WHAT is the obsession with some on VN with Banks? Did you NOT watch the Video? All Of it? Wow. Crazy.

FWIW

Just for comparison, I know a young man who got really messed up selling drugs and got thrown in the state prison
for about 5-51/2 years. He realized he had messed up bad and worked hard to get out by behaving. Got out on probation for
another 8 years.

He had always heard, "well, you have to pay your debt to society". He did that, but society doesn't forget. He was happy to get out
and said, "I'm gonna get me a job and stay straight". Not far into every job application, he was confronted with, "have you ever
been convicted of a felony", so, in short, society left him with no where, and I mean nowhere, to go. He now owns his own barber
shop in Murfreesboro.

My whole point is, I think this young man's future hangs on with whether society can allow him to be forgiven and get behind
and encourage him to succeed. It feels great to feel it happen and when given the chance, most young men will learn from their
mistakes and jump at the opportunity to make things right. I think Jeremy Banks would. My son did.

"HARSH"? Really? The truth too harsh for yah? Dude THREATENED Police Officers; (Who BTW were very Lenient) Go ahead and reinstate Banks. SEE how that helps UT's Image. Do you want a Team of Bank's or a Team Of Trey Smith's ? WHAT is the obsession with some on VN with Banks? Did you NOT watch the Video? All Of it? Wow. Crazy.
I don't give two wet farts about Banks. You might need to dial back the day drinking.

I don't give two wet farts about Banks. You might need to dial back the day drinking.

Well something prompted this response. And BTW, I don't drink or do drugs; I'm just very intense in my convictions. No Fence Sitter. And really don't Give a poop what anyone thinks.

VN Store

Back