Anyone attending 9/10 game at Pitt?

I don't come over here much but glad I saw this. Thanks for the OP!

I just bought 3 in the lower level. For anyone who is familiar/lives in Pittsburgh, we are looking at the Embassy Suites or Drury Inn across the river about 2 miles away from Heinz Field. Any issues with those or that area? It appears that area has quite a few restaurants. Thanks.
Very nice area, no problem. Easy walk or take subway (T) to game. Been to a lot of College games and different stadiums and while it is true that PITT does not typically draw well Heinz (Acrisure) is a great place to watch a game. The older you get the more you appreciate the creature comforts that Pro Stadiums in major cities offer. Pittsburgh is a great sports town and on a sunny day I will take hanging out in downtown PIttsburgh over 90% of US cities. For a real treat head over to the Strip District on Saturday morning. Kind of like a carnival area with all kinds of knick knack shops, bars and restaurants. Go to Rolands for great seafood and bloody Mary. Best College Sports bar in the Burgh!

Reactions: VolGee4
I'm thinking of leaving Atbar Prime, to the dismay of my Cardassian mistress. But it's a five Terrean Day trip, even in an Intrepid-class: NCC-74656. I will teleport down to Bridges Restaurant on Lytton Ave. Enjoy a meal and walk to the stadium for the game. Chell, my sometimes Bolian girlfriend, might join me.

Since I bought my tickets from the Pitt ticket office, I'm now getting spammed by them.

Got an email this afternoon offering a panoramic photo from their game Saturday night. It's billed as "The Largest Sporting Event in Pittsburgh History".

I know that was a huge crowd for a Pitt home game, but can't believe no Steeler game ever drew more than that game did.

Reactions: Boca Vol
Since I bought my tickets from the Pitt ticket office, I'm now getting spammed by them.

Got an email this afternoon offering a panoramic photo from their game Saturday night. It's billed as "The Largest Sporting Event in Pittsburgh History".

I know that was a huge crowd for a Pitt home game, but can't believe no Steeler game ever drew more than that game did.

I got it, as well. Cool pic but not for me.

There seemed to be a huge contingent of WVU fans there last night. I'm hoping our fans show out and help take away the road atmosphere.

There seemed to be a huge contingent of WVU fans there last night. I'm hoping our fans show out and help take away the road atmosphere.
Can the Vols travel better for the Johnny Majors Classic than WVU for the backyard brawl??? I think it might be close!!! Paint Pittsburgh Orange!

We are flying out on Friday and wanted to see if there were any tailgates, bar stops, or anything else Big Orange going on. Look forward to visiting Pittsburg for the first time. We bought our tickets through FEVO and Tennessee alumni. We should get assignments this week. GO VOLS!

Where's everyone parking?
When I've gone to Steeler games in the past, I've used the SpotHero app (formerly Parking Panda) and pre-bought a space in downtown and then walk across the Allegheny river to the North Shore. Not a long walk and Pittsburgh is a very walkable city. Can also ride the subway for free from downtown to the stadium.

For this game I've gotten a spot at the garage at 350 Oliver Ave for under $5

We are flying out on Friday and wanted to see if there were any tailgates, bar stops, or anything else Big Orange going on. Look forward to visiting Pittsburg for the first time. We bought our tickets through FEVO and Tennessee alumni. We should get assignments this week. GO VOLS!
Let me know if you are

Last minute planning.... never been to Pittsburgh so I’m needing some info on best places to stay that won’t break the bank? Preferably out of the high crime rate areas lol

Last minute planning.... never been to Pittsburgh so I’m needing some info on best places to stay that won’t break the bank? Preferably out of the high crime rate areas lol
Might try Green Tree, there are several hotels there and it's maybe 10-15 minutes to downtown. Robinson Mall area is a little farther out but has lots of options

Staying at the Wyndham Grand. It's $600 and some change for two nights. Rooms are still available on booking.com as I just checked. The pros of this place from to me from what I've read is your only a half mile from stadium so we will be walking over from the hotel. I really like the idea of not having to drive and park or park and ride the subway etc. I fully intend on waking up, getting a good breakfast and then walking over to tailgate until kickoff.

Reactions: BoroVolFan
Staying at the Wyndham Grand. It's $600 and some change for two nights. Rooms are still available on booking.com as I just checked. The pros of this place from to me from what I've read is your only a half mile from stadium so we will be walking over from the hotel. I really like the idea of not having to drive and park or park and ride the subway etc. I fully intend on waking up, getting a good breakfast and then walking over to tailgate until kickoff.
We're driving in from Delaware on Friday morning and are staying at the Wyndham Grand as well. Excellent location, to the stadium, restaurants, bars and other attractions. Been to Pittsburgh a couple of times and it's a really cool city. Also for anyone that's a baseball fan and has never been to PNC Park, I highly suggest catching a game there because it's amazing. As luck would have it, the Pirates are playing the Cardinals on Friday at 6:30. You can grab cheap standing room tix online for like $15.

We're driving in from Delaware on Friday morning and are staying at the Wyndham Grand as well. Excellent location, to the stadium, restaurants, bars and other attractions. Been to Pittsburgh a couple of times and it's a really cool city. Also for anyone that's a baseball fan and has never been to PNC Park, I highly suggest catching a game there because it's amazing. As luck would have it, the Pirates are playing the Cardinals on Friday at 6:30. You can grab cheap standing room tix online for like $15.
If my wife would agree to the PNC park thing it would be a bucket list for me as I've heard it's one of the best venues in the country. It will be just the wife and I if you all want to tail gate! Are you all walking across the bridge or taking alternate transportation? Trying to figure out the best and easiest way to get over to Heinz, watch the game, grab some dinner, and get back to hotel.

If my wife would agree to the PNC park thing it would be a bucket list for me as I've heard it's one of the best venues in the country. It will be just the wife and I if you all want to tail gate! Are you all walking across the bridge or taking alternate transportation? Trying to figure out the best and easiest way to get over to Heinz, watch the game, grab some dinner, and get back to hotel.
Pittsburgh is very walkable. The bridge over the Allegheny River closest to your hotel has pedestrian way that takes you to the Northshore where both stadiums are. You could walk it in 15-20 minutes.

PNC is a great place for a game, home to a horrible team but a great stadium

Reactions: GRRN7MAXIMS

VN Store

Back