Anybody having a difficuilt time getting excited about UT football?

Yep. Like watching paint dry. Add in the fact that there was basically no spring or fall camp which meant zero player development I knew this season was going to be a sh!tshow. Hard to get excited for such a poor product.

My daughter gave me a UT hoodie for my birthday this year. I thanked her and told her to get her $$ back. I have 2 others that I just don't wear anymore. Apathy has set in for me.

Reactions: TBvol
After JG throws a pick then fumbles and nothing is done. Not excited. No excitement for me at all that he’s starting.
It's more like , after he throws a pick six, then throws another, then fumbles a bunch of times, and still trots out there knowing any other player on the roster could have played better......that's when I completely lost all excitement

Not anymore, been a fan for over 40 years. I watch due to habit, but I was actually happy they had a Bye week so I wouldn't have to see them get their azzes handed to them again. Arkansas will beat UT by 10-14 points, further solidifying that Pruitt is not the man for the job and this program has embraced mediocrity. If they roll of and win 4 out of 5 games at the end of the season, it wouldnt change my opinion much with recent losses to GA State, BYU, KY over the past 15 months.

That actually made for a pretty exciting movie (Unstoppable) with Denzel...

Anyway... [[[ Bleak Mode On ]]] I'm nearly 70 and this year sucks. Tired of election, COVID and UT losing, as we all are. I remember being electrified beyond anything on fall Saturday's. I also recall the wife saying, "I just leave him alone if UT looses." This thread sums it up, so I won't be repetitive but the thrill is gone. On to Bingo, I suppose. [[[ Bleak Mode Off ]]]
Yep the thrill is gone alright, but let us get a fast, mobile, elusive QB with a fair to good arm and we'd likely be right back in it. But do we have the coaches to make the needed adaption? Innovated, versatile, so to speak. I don't think we do. I think UT will do well with Pruitt defensively the more playing time our youngsters get but we're an offensive joke, plain and simple. We've got receivers and that's about all.Need to shake things up with the entire staff one more time and cross our fingers.

Since it is a Sat night game, will only tune in if not doing anything else, even then with JG starting not sure how long I will watch it. Yes it is a sad situation for us Vols fans right now.

I thought this year was going to be different, I was wrong. I dont think I have ever been this disinterested in a UT team in my 34 years on this earth. Not even butches teams. Since Georgia I haven't watched. I keep checking the espn app and I will only turn on the game if another QB has entered the game. I will not watch another UT game with JG at QB. Its childish, but I'm just tired of seeing it. Pruitt is literally insane, he keeps doing the same action expecting different results. I appreciate what JG has been through, but I've had enough. Its almost maddening. I dont understand how someone can be so blind (Pruitt). At this point I feel like he's intentionally sabotaging this team and you can see the players are defeated. I dont know if he's ignorant or just wants to be fired, but neither option is good.

Last edited:
I thought this year was going to be different, I was wrong. I dont think I have ever been this disinterested in a UT team in my 34 years on this earth. Not even butches teams. Since Georgia I haven't watched. I keep checking the espn app and I will only turn on the game if another QB has entered the game. I will not watch another UT game with JG at QB. Its childish, but I'm just tired of seeing it. Pruitt is literally insane, he keeps doing the same action expecting different results. I appreciate what JG has been through, but I've had enough. Its almost maddening. I dont understand how someone can be so blind. At this point I feel like he's intentionally sabotaging this team and you can see the players are defeated. I dont know if he's ignorant or just wants to be fired, but neither option is good.
Pruitt has MILLIONS in the bank. He has MILLIONS more guaranteed even if we lose every game remaining. He just doesn't seem to give a FlyingFook. My Fan Tank is about bone dry! 😴

My wife and I always had a fight the 3rd Saturday in October. She wanted to go look at leaves and buy apples....I wanted to stay home and watch UT-Bama. Now I help her plan which orchard to go to. Its really sad.

You have to choose between apples and The Big Orange, not a close decision anymore. BTW, which orchard do you recommend?

Is JG starting? Yeah? Then no, I'm not excited to watch the forthcoming ****show. Play another QB and I can at the very least get interested in what the future holds.

If you're on this team, and you have zero faith in your QB, how could you get pumped up?

Al Wilson needs to slap some of y'all upside the helmet.

Ask Trey Smith if he is having trouble getting excited about the Vols.

I'm not 70, only 65, and I've never not been fired up to see what the Vols are gonna do in their next game.

Trey Smith admitted that he loafed on JG's 2nd pick 6 against KY. He ain't too excited.

All you guys who are ready to give up, I have a question...

Can I have your seats/parking pass? Seriously though, anyone who wants to give up on the vols, it makes it easier for the rest of us to find good tickets or a place to tailgate!

It’s hard to get excited when you already know the outcome before the game is played. Except for the times we get destroyed by teams we were favored to beat...

Pruitt has MILLIONS in the bank. He has MILLIONS more guaranteed even if we lose every game remaining. He just doesn't seem to give a FlyingFook. My Fan Tank is about bone dry! 😴
Good point. These coaches are set for life getting offered these jobs. All they have to do is show up and they make more in a season than most make in a lifetime. If they win, great! If not, oh well. We can thank the guy that got us in this mess, PF, for going with an unproven DC with a 4th grade grasp of English to make Tennessee relevant again?

Reactions: LargeOrange1
I swear yall, not been able to get excited about Tennessee Football since Butch STB against Vandy and UK to give up our chance at the Sugar Bowl.

Good point. These coaches are set for life getting offered these jobs. All they have to do is show up and they make more in a season than most make in a lifetime. If they win, great! If not, oh well. We can thank the guy that got us in this mess, PF, for going with an unproven DC with a 4th grade grasp of English to make Tennessee relevant again?
Aight Den.

Reactions: gasguy98

VN Store

Back