Anybody have any feelings yet

But the problem is if we cant pass then we cant setup the run. We cant keep thinking we got these great backs we need to run run run, because they will stack 8 guys in the box and we wont be able to run. Crompton has got to make some good passes and force the secondary to play back some and then we can run all day long.

The we are at checkmate even before the game begins. Crompton is not consistent enough to make a defense respect him.

This could get ugly.

no. a lot more people jumped on my bandwagon and predicted a blood bath (not in our favor) on the score guessing thread this week.

We can beat auburn.. Their offense is not very good. If we manage not to give the game to them we will win.

We can beat auburn.. Their offense is not very good. If we manage not to give the game to them we will win.
Well, their offense is better than ours. And their Defense is really good. I would usally give UT the benefit of the doubt and say that we either win or lose by 7 or so. But, from what I have seen this year I say Auburn probably wins by 14-17. Fairly easily to.

We're gonna get beat.

Again.

On television.

I say bring on the losses so we can hurry up and get this ship turned around.

Throw Phil overboard. And Chavis too.

My thoughts on our defense is that because of our lack of talented depth on the DL our secondary is practically wasted. Our linebackers have not performed as well as I thought they would.

To beat Auburn you must do just enough on offense and play solid smashmouth defense. I do not believe we have the rotation on the DL to do this.

OK fellas...I just think everyone is looking for a glimmer of hope,and we're not in the best of moods right now...I guess I'll just say it's a great stat but we will tack another L to it..bottom line.

YEAH I gotta feeling after this years start of the season. I thought it was something I ate but I realize it's Fulmer's "abilities" that is giving me that feeling way down deep in the pit of my stomach.

:ill_h4h:
RA

This is one game that I just turn the TV on and wait. Not overly excited about the game. Fulmer has just about taken any enjoyment out of the gameday for me. I would normally have a spread of snacks and watch all the pregame shows I could find. Send the wife and child out shopping so I could be free to yell and walk around with the nervous excitement. That is gone.

Now, it is just sit down in front of the TV 5 minutes before kickoff and start praying depending on which way the game is going. Pray for a win or pray for a change depending on which outcome looks the most promising.
That is exactly what I was doing waiting for the game to start...As the game progressed and Fla. had such an easy time scoring, I was at the point where I was wanting Urban to run the score up, put a Hundred on the board. Let people see how far this team of ours is removed from a caliber program it once was. We seemed so unprepared, so totally confused. I still can't get over Teabows jump pass down on the goal line. It would have been different if we had never seen it before. I know he is a good football player but you can't concentrate solely on him and not defend the whole team...Tight Ends included. I can't see us winning until Homecoming at this point. These coaches have had plenty of time to prepare this team.

That is exactly what I was doing waiting for the game to start...As the game progressed and Fla. had such an easy time scoring, I was at the point where I was wanting Urban to run the score up, put a Hundred on the board. Let people see how far this team of ours is removed from a caliber program it once was. We seemed so unprepared, so totally confused. I still can't get over Teabows jump pass down on the goal line. It would have been different if we had never seen it before. I know he is a good football player but you can't concentrate solely on him and not defend the whole team...Tight Ends included. I can't see us winning until Homecoming at this point. These coaches have had plenty of time to prepare this team.

That's not the first time UT has left the tightend completely unblocked. IIRC, that is how UCLA took the lead late in the 4th on the goal line

The we are at checkmate even before the game begins. Crompton is not consistent enough to make a defense respect him.

This could get ugly.

Your right if he dont get his head out his arse then he will have a very hard time in this Conference. He missed a lot of open opportunities in this game. We just better hope he dont miss that many again. Auburn is going to be tough. He is going to have to throw the ball because their front 7 is better the florida and we are going to have a hard time running the ball without some passing in there as well.

I feel our main chance is if auburn's offense stays as bad as it has the first few games....if we can do what miss st. did well then we're set

Me thinks this.....IF there is any life in this football team, it will surface next Sat on the Plains of Auburn.

I look for a very good effort by everyone...and IF they (QB mainly) minimize the mistakes, the Vols will win this one.

BTY.....Fulmer gets the game ball for his great special teams move....new punter keeps Auburn pinined deep all day.

(I must admit, these new orange colored glasses really have an impact.....Goooo Vols).

VN Store

Back