Anybody have any feelings yet

chieftn15

That we are going to turn it around and beat Auburn? I love to hear stuff like that, then go out and watch our team get pounded into submission. I for one dont care if we beat Auburn or not or win out for that matter. We still got spanked by FLA again and PHIL has got to go because of that alone.

I think we could come out mad and play well, but if ONE thing goes wrong early, I see this team folding their tent and going home.

no, we will lose. auburn lost as well, and they are at home. Tub will have his boys ready to go. We will get our arse's handed to us again

If it makes you feel any better, CPF is 11-1 in games immediately following a loss to Florida.

That's about all I have.

(1) Lawn Chair Vols - they fold under pressure

(2) Creamsicle Vols - orange and white,and they get licked by opponents

(3)Burger King Vols - the opposing team Has It Their Way

(4) Wall Street Vols - can't win SEC East unless they are bailed out by Fla and GA

What about Wal-Mart Vols? Rolling back prices on home game tickets...always.

Our offense melted like a popsicle against an average UF defense. Auburn's D has to be licking their chops at the thought of facing Crompton.

This is one game that I just turn the TV on and wait. Not overly excited about the game. Fulmer has just about taken any enjoyment out of the gameday for me. I would normally have a spread of snacks and watch all the pregame shows I could find. Send the wife and child out shopping so I could be free to yell and walk around with the nervous excitement. That is gone.

Now, it is just sit down in front of the TV 5 minutes before kickoff and start praying depending on which way the game is going. Pray for a win or pray for a change depending on which outcome looks the most promising.

As far as the game goes. If UT cannot run the ball then Crompton probably does not last the game. Not from being pulled but from being totally demolished by that Auburn D. If we can run, we can win.

I think AU's defense is too good by far. Couple that with UTK's awful special teams play and all AU has to do is take advantage of good field position a couple of times during the game. I'm not saying there is no chance, but I think it's slim. UGA's defense might present a better opportunity for the Vols to put some points on the board, but I think UGA can outscore the Vols.

10-3, we lose. But then again, we haven't kicked a field goal since UCLA because we have had every opportunity to score a td. But somewhere between the 30yl and goaline, Crompton has a brain fart and either turns it over or a costly mistake puts us outside field goal range. So 10-0 probably is more realistic. I have yet to see anything worth sticking my foot in my mouth this week. Especially living in Alabama, ain't going to do it.

it certainly doesn't set up well for our offense to break out against that defense on the road.

but, i've seen stranger things happen. like our defense shutting down Felix Jones and Darren McFadden last year. or our offnese jumping all over Georgia last year.

big difference though.......this is on the road, not at home. of course, considering the relative mood of the Big Orange Nation, that might not be a bad thing.....

bottom line, this is exactly the type of game Phil wins. wouldn't necessarily surprise me to see us win.

but, no, there's not a legitimate football reason based on what i've seen so far that would lead me to believe we are going to win.....

As far as the game goes. If UT cannot run the ball then Crompton probably does not last the game. Not from being pulled but from being totally demolished by that Auburn D. If we can run, we can win.

But the problem is if we cant pass then we cant setup the run. We cant keep thinking we got these great backs we need to run run run, because they will stack 8 guys in the box and we wont be able to run. Crompton has got to make some good passes and force the secondary to play back some and then we can run all day long.

Yea. . .lets all just forget about the football team and go to basketball. Then Pearle will lose a couple of games and everyone will start yelling for things to change!

I hope we can pull it out. But, I have not seen anything from this team that tell's me they can beat Auburn in Auburn. Especially after the loss to LSU, a game that Ears knows he let slip away. UT has done it before but, I don't think we have the team to do it this year.

I know that we got into the SECCG last year and I was as happy as anyone for winning the East. But, we were a penalty away from losing to USC. Vandy had us beat, KY got it down on the 1 yard line and couldnt punch in the winning TD. This team could have very easily been 7-5 instead of 10-2 last year. I expect more of the 6-6, 5-7 this year. Don't see the luck going with the Vols two years in a row. I hope I am wrong though.

I really am to the point to where I don't care but for the kids sake I hope they get it turned around. They have all worked hard and deserve to have some good feelings about their play. It was real sad to see them upset with each other and their coaches and to see guys kinda at each other's throats. The fans booing only made it even more pitiful. At least for the teams sake I would like to see them get this win on the road and turn the season around.

I know most of you want the slide to continue so PF will be gone but I don't care about what most of you want. I want to see THIS team turn the season around and do what last year's team did. Confidence can do miracles.

I really am to the point to where I don't care but for the kids sake I hope they get it turned around. They have all worked hard and deserve to have some good feelings about their play. It was real sad to see them upset with each other and their coaches and to see guys kinda at each other's throats. The fans booing only made it even more pitiful. At least for the teams sake I would like to see them get this win on the road and turn the season around.

I know most of you want the slide to continue so PF will be gone but I don't care about what most of you want. I want to see THIS team turn the season around and do what last year's team did. Confidence can do miracles.

Wrong

equally as bad a match up for our offense against hteir defense, it's not like Auburn's offense is lighting it up. i think both defenses create some opportunities for the other team, but in the end Auburn pulls it out and wins by about a TD.

but this could be a pretty ugly offensive game.

VN Store

Back