Anybody get a number of how many flops there was last night?

Seemed like about 45 minutes to an hours worth. AND NOT JUST O M!!
I saw a TN player trying struggle off the field and Hip motion him to get down.
The announcers had a fix for this problem: if a players goes down, he must stay out for the whole series. That would stop a lot of the problem.

I saw somewhere someone said it was 23 OM “injuries”. Not sure how accurate that is though. I know it was a lot but didn’t think it was that many.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I read 23 for Ole Miss, which averages out to 1 "injury" for every 3.5 plays they ran (101 total).

Vast majority of those “injuries” occurred when TN was on offense which was a total of 79 plays.

I’ve not rewatched to confirm, but was told there were 17 “injuries” for OM in the 2nd half. What would be interesting is to see what their injury count has been in other games this year.

Vast majority of those “injuries” occurred when TN was on offense which was a total of 79 plays.

I’ve not rewatched to confirm, but was told there were 17 “injuries” for OM in the 2nd half. What would be interesting is to see what their injury count has been in other games this year.

That averages out to 1 for every 4 plays. Still insane.

1 of their D players laid down rolled around for about a minute helped off and then play resumed and he dashed back out here next play. I thought to myself, the guy was acting like he was about dead one play ago LOL. Think it was #73.

Reactions: 08Vol
I've heard the Coach had a code word he shouted when he wanted someone to go down to slow the momentum/flow. A free timeout to rest and sub D players 1 every 4 plays.

Reactions: TJVol95
I wonder how they call "the flop" and decide who is going down? On field call or from the sideline? Wish someone could catch the signal if it comes from the sideline.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
On game rewatch, I counted 11 for Ole Miss defense for the whole game. I think it was 5 at halftime.

On game rewatch, I counted 11 for Ole Miss defense for the whole game. I think it was 5 at halftime.

If accurate that’s 1 OM D flop for every 7 VOL O plays. That’s significant.

Any count of many “flops” the VOL D had?

VN Store

Back