Anybody get a number of how many flops there was last night?

Nothing justifies throwing debris on the field... but this strategy of faking injuries to slow the offensive pace down, needs to be addressed by a rules committee. I've never seen it done quite so obviously before.

Why do you think people were throwing the water bottles on the field?

They were trying to help ole miss hydrate, so they could finish the last 54 seconds.

The NCAA needs to address this issue and like everything else they won’t touch it until they are forced to. At this point I would love to see UT force the NCAA’s hand to make a rule change. At the end of every defensive play against Bama a player needs to go down with an “injury”. ON. EVERY. SINGLE. PLAY. Slow the game down so much that it is unwatchable and unbroadcastable to force a rule change.

The NCAA needs to address this issue and like everything else they won’t touch it until they are forced to. At this point I would love to see UT force the NCAA’s hand to make a rule change. At the end of every defensive play against Bama a player needs to go down with an “injury”. ON. EVERY. SINGLE. PLAY. Slow the game down so much that it is unwatchable and unbroadcastable to force a rule change.

Every coach has a rule that if you are hurt or have an equipment malfunction, you go down. Don't try to "tough it out" and get off the field and risk getting caught with 10 or 12 men on the field. That is what happened with our player. His helmet came off or broke and he was late getting off. They told him to drop to get his replacement on the field. EVERY coach/team does this. What Ole Miss did was downright shady. "Magic Cramps" that mysteriously appear between plays right as the offense is lining up are completely ridiculous. As a coach, I might have the patience for 1 of those a game. When your cornerback on the opposing sideline (different players even) "magically" catch these cramps multiple times, you have moved far past shady and gone full on d-baggery. There HAS to be a remedy to this in the off-season.
I was watching and saying the same thing. It has also been mentioned that OM had a "key word" the coaches would yell when they wanted someone to go down. The timing would make since because if someone was truly injured, they would stay down after the play and not line up and then suddenly drop right before we snap. The delayed "injuries" have to have been called by the coaches and it was obvious, yet the SEC won't do anything about it. Unfortunately, after the issue of objects thrown on the field, that is what will be addressed and not the fake injuries.

Last edited:
Reactions: volinSmyrna
And not one was an offensive player even though they ran 95 plays. One would think there would be one cramp on the offensive side.....
When that kind of disparity exists there’s NO QUESTION a coach is using unethical tactics to interfere with the opposing offense. NO QUESTION... NONE. I hate to see our program sink to that level but if we’re going to use “ tempo” , what used to be called a “ hurry up offense” we’re going to have our opponents use Magic Cramps to slow us down as much as they want because at present, it costs them nothing and in fact even provides the benefit of multiple substitutions they likely couldn’t be making without slowing us down. SO... all that said, and since the NCAA will have to be forced to address this issue, I’m with 08Vol.. our defense needs to start suffering Magic Cramps on EVERY DAMN PLAY. You can bet your Azz that if that kind of tactic impacts Saban... there will absolutely be some changes made, and quickly.

Only problem with this idea is that we don't have enough players to substitute for the "injured".:D

Every coach has a rule that if you are hurt or have an equipment malfunction, you go down. Don't try to "tough it out" and get off the field and risk getting caught with 10 or 12 men on the field. That is what happened with our player. His helmet came off or broke and he was late getting off. They told him to drop to get his replacement on the field. EVERY coach/team does this. What Ole Miss did was downright shady. "Magic Cramps" that mysteriously appear between plays right as the offense is lining up are completely ridiculous. As a coach, I might have the patience for 1 of those a game. When your cornerback on the opposing sideline (different players even) "magically" catch these cramps multiple times, you have moved far past shady and gone full on d-baggery. There HAS to be a remedy to this in the off-season.
Douche-bag, just another term for Lane Kiffin.. I wrongly gave that POS the benefit of doubt until Saturday night's floppa-palooza...

***l< Lane Kiffin....

Reactions: volinSmyrna
I wonder how they call "the flop" and decide who is going down? On field call or from the sideline? Wish someone could catch the signal if it comes from the sideline.

In another post, someone claimed he watched an Ole Miss GA giving signals for a player to be injured.

Douche-bag, just another term for Lane Kiffin.. I wrongly gave that POS the benefit of doubt until Saturday night's floppa-palooza...

***l< Lane Kiffin....
He's always been one. I am willing to admit that I wanted him to take the job last year. He would have been our d-bag and we (most of us) would have loved him forever. That ship has sailed now. He is dead to me. I hope he loses every game for the rest of his life.

Only problem with this idea is that we don't have enough players to substitute for the "injured".:D

That’s the thing, an “injured” player doesn’t even have to sit out the next play.

UT ran 74 offensive plays ignoring the plays that ended in a score or turnover. I didn’t count but I’ve seen other people reporting that OM had 23 stoppages due to a defender being injured. That means 31% of our offensive snaps were followed by an OM injury stoppage.

There were 11 injury stoppages in the 4th quarter. 9 by Ole Miss and 2 by Tennessee. 8 of 9 for Ole Miss were on defense and all happened on 3rd or 4th down when Tennessee was moving the football. All featured a wave of substitutions for Ole Miss and a huddle on the sideline to call a defense.

There were 11 injury stoppages in the 4th quarter. 9 by Ole Miss and 2 by Tennessee. 8 of 9 for Ole Miss were on defense and all happened on 3rd or 4th down when Tennessee was moving the football. All featured a wave of substitutions for Ole Miss and a huddle on the sideline to call a defense.

Filthy ********

Reactions: guido4198
I've heard and read counts today ranging from 18, 11 of them in the 4th quarter (Knoxville News-Sentinel) up to 27, or 1 every 3.04 Vols offensive plays (104.5 The Zone in Nashville).

No idea which count is right, if any of them are. Some might be counting every Ole Miss player who came off the field limping or holding his arm, while another might be only counting injuries that required a clock stoppage and on-field medical attention.

Whatever the right answer, it was blatant abuse of the rule book concerning injuries for tactical advantage.

VN Store

Back