Anybody else see the LaTroy Lewis piece on GoVols247?

I saw the article and I gotta admit my first reaction was "WTF"?

Thank you my friend! Ya see guys, I'm not the only one that sees a problem with his mentality. The post above yours says it all too. AGAIN, THE PLAYERS DONT FALL FAR FROM THEIR HC! If your HC accepts losing and downplays it, his players will follow suit. Its a loser mentality, plain and simple. Have some ballzz LaTroy. If you are a true competitor and hate losing, you don't say something like that. It shows weakness.

I think I remember most posters predicting a 8-4 or 9-3 season, so, how is this so far out there? Of course everyone wanted to win the SEC East, but what I think everyone is purposefully ignoring or discounting is the overall impact injuries had on Team 120. I honestly believe those fans believed that UT should have played at a higher level with all the injuries........that is what is mind blowing. Who said "its not the Xs and Os, but the Jimmy and the Joes" ? that holds true to Team 120.

Reactions: 4 people
Thank you my friend! Ya see guys, I'm not the only one that sees a problem with his mentality. The post above yours says it all too. AGAIN, THE PLAYERS DONT FALL FAR FROM THEIR HC! If your HC accepts losing and downplays it, his players will follow suit. Its a loser mentality, plain and simple. Have some ballzz LaTroy. If you are a true competitor and hate losing, you don't say something like that. It shows weakness.

You don't get it and never will. Perhaps you should take a deeper look at you life and what is really important... sad.

Reactions: 1 person

You should focus all your criticism on Butch Jones and off the young man. JMO.

It's amazing that players even concede to press conferences. This particular press conference by LaTroy lasted more than one question and one answer. Jeesh, some folks need to get over themselves and let these young men speak what they feel without being critiqued over every word.....sad really !

Unlike some people on this board these players still have something to play for and its called pride. He gets things didn't go our way on a number of differant fronts but to say having some success even though not desired outcomes still beats the pants off three/four losing seasons in a row. I actually don't doubt trhe hard work these guys have put in the field. To take a cheap shot at a player for his opinion, which I'd be more worried if he was super negative - is not right.

Reactions: 1 person
I think I remember most posters predicting a 8-4 or 9-3 season, so, how is this so far out there? Of course everyone wanted to win the SEC East, but what I think everyone is purposefully ignoring or discounting is the overall impact injuries had on Team 120. I honestly believe those fans believed that UT should have played at a higher level with all the injuries........that is what is mind blowing. Who said "its not the Xs and Os, but the Jimmy and the Joes" ? that holds true to Team 120.

Most posters? That's not what I remember AT ALL. Most thought Team 120 was a 10-12 win team. Barely anyone was saying only 8 wins, that's for sure.

Don't you get it? From LIBERAL LOGIC, if they are losing an argument, your catch all phrase is "You are racist"
THis is what they use to deflect from the fact that they are losing the argument.
Example: I think that fire extinguisher is full of water. Liberal says I think it is full of foam. I say, Oh look the tags says it has water in it. Liberal says You are racist.
Do you see how this goes? This is liberal logic....

I'm sure it's been explained later in this thread but it was a joke based on the "you people" statement.

VN Store

Back