Anybody else see the LaTroy Lewis piece on GoVols247?

Their comment about racism was unnecessary, but your unwanted political commentary was on point ;)

I was referring to the "you people" reference, which has been a running joke on VN for years. I am OK with the fact that it was misunderstood. All good with me.

Reactions: 3 people
I was referring to the "you people" reference, which has been a running joke on VN for years. I am OK with the fact that it was misunderstood. All good with me.

Wow I just read your comment back and I totally get the joke. Idk why that went over my head the first time. Now I feel dumb. That's what I get for skimming.

Reactions: 3 people
Wow I just read your comment back and I totally get the joke. Idk why that went over my head the first time. Now I feel dumb. That's what I get for skimming.

Thanks, some do and some don't. I don't blue. I have heard the "racist" joke on here at least a hundred times, and I think I "got it" every time. I try it once and get called a liberal. Man, that hurts. hahaha

Reactions: 1 person
Okay, I swear I don't mean this in a name-calling sense, but the original post plays really really well when read in a Barney Fife voice. Try it!

Reactions: 2 people
Excuse me? Racist? lol I was simply making a point that Josh Malone, one of our leaders, was irate after that loss. He even said everybody needs to have a self check in the mirror. Here's Lewis saying oh, this season wasn't a disappointment. Really?

Sorry man, this makes the racism more obvious 😬

I know fans want it to be all about football, but the players have a life as a player, a student (most really care about school), they have family, girlfriends and do community service. This team is full of guys who are performing well on the field and off the field.
Lewis has been a true leader and played out of position for last part of year for the team. As a 5th year senior he knows how bad it was before CBJ. I am sure he wanted to win every game, but unfortunately for some Vol fans his life revolves around more than football.

I use to get mad every time the Vols lost and let it control me. About 20 years ago a friend told me, "Are you going to let what twenty-two 18-22 year olds do on Saturday control your life? If so you do not have much of a life." Today I enjoy the games and I want the Vols to win every time, but I am not going let it control me - says the man posting at 3am. I took a steroid injection today for bad ear infection and cannot sleep.

He actually had the nerve to say "This season is not disappointing" Are you kidding me?!! lol I am just absolutely flabbergasted that a player, any player for that matter on THIS TEAM can think that way. The players don't fall far from the HC...remember that folks. That is absolutely disheartening to read as a diehard Vol fan. That is the problem with this program...he sums it up perfectly. If you haven't seen it, please read it. Made me sick.

what, exactly, do you think this team owes you? how sick are you? i hope a team losing a football game doesn't actually make you sick. that would suck.

I know fans want it to be all about football, but the players have a life as a player, a student (most really care about school), they have family, girlfriends and do community service. This team is full of guys who are performing well on the field and off the field.
Lewis has been a true leader and played out of position for last part of year for the team. As a 5th year senior he knows how bad it was before CBJ. I am sure he wanted to win every game, but unfortunately for some Vol fans his life revolves around more than football.

I use to get mad every time the Vols lost and let it control me. About 20 years ago a friend told me, "Are you going to let what twenty-two 18-22 year olds do on Saturday control your life? If so you do not have much of a life." Today I enjoy the games and I want the Vols to win every time, but I am not going let it control me - says the man posting at 3am. I took a steroid injection today for bad ear infection and cannot sleep.

Agree. I love football, and Tennessee sports, but I realize it's a game that regardless the outcome, doesn't have an impact on my life in any way. I enjoy the trash talk with family and friends who are Kentucky and Georgia fans, but that's all I get is bragging rights. Hope you feel better.

He actually had the nerve to say "This season is not disappointing" Are you kidding me?!! lol I am just absolutely flabbergasted that a player, any player for that matter on THIS TEAM can think that way. The players don't fall far from the HC...remember that folks. That is absolutely disheartening to read as a diehard Vol fan. That is the problem with this program...he sums it up perfectly. If you haven't seen it, please read it. Made me sick.

You must get sick real easy,

Did you ever consider that maybe you are the one with the problem?

Contrary to popular belief by some on this board Team 120 actually won twice as many games as they lost - some act like the team is 0-12.

Damn dude its a GAME. Get over yourself just because you have nothing better in you life than following UT football means the players don't have more to look forward to in their life.

saying that a GAME was unacceptable and that the SEASON wasn't a disappointment are not the same things. Apples and oranges. One game does not equate to the entire season. If you ask Malone, he'd say there are some things he'd like to have done better, they all would. But, he's talking about one game.

When you are already negative, you look for an opportunity to stay that way. Example, watching CBJ's pressers for something negative he said just to cling to. Reading into quotes, and forming an opinion without being open minded to what is REALLY being said. Those are things people carry with them because they have an agenda. I guess people will say that CBJ has ruined the players futures because he has said they are Champions of Life. He said they are Champs of Life because he's teaching them more than football, he's teaching them how to become MEN, responsible MEN. How many has been in the police reports lately? Arrested? Convicted? I'll wait.

Was vandy a disappointment? Yes

Did the players meet the team goals? I don't know, no one outside of the locker room knows.

Was the season a disappointment? Id say that's more based on individual players opinions.

Was it a disappointment for the fans? Yes, in a sense. We're all disappointed that Tennessee didn't go to Atlanta but there is somewhat of a level of sustained success now.

Im a negavol, i support the team thick and thin. I do not like CBJ, its not personal I just dont think he fits here but I'm not going to discount anything hes done. I do however feel with some guidance from a solid AD (Blackburn) he could find long term success here. JMO

Was vandy a disappointment? Yes

Did the players meet the team goals? I don't know, no one outside of the locker room knows.

Was the season a disappointment? Id say that's more based on individual players opinions.

Was it a disappointment for the fans? Yes, in a sense. We're all disappointed that Tennessee didn't go to Atlanta but there is somewhat of a level of sustained success now.

Im a negavol, i support the team thick and thin. I do not like CBJ, its not personal I just dont think he fits here but I'm not going to discount anything hes done. I do however feel with some guidance from a solid AD (Blackburn) he could find long term success here. JMO

Wow. You might need to check your temp, I don't think your feeling well.

I keed I keed. Good post. Blackburn will be a breath of fresh air here. While I'm not sure if Butch is or isn't the leader to the promiseland I do think it's to early to pull the plug.

Lewis is just parroting what his head coach has been saying for weeks. Can't find the fault with the player.

Hope Lewis stays healthy through the bowl game and is on track to graduate.

PUKE on your on shoes!

Never played sports, huh? Maybe he left it all out on the field and accepts the results. Kind of like Gronk out dancing after the 18-0 Patriots lost the Super Bowl.

It's easier when you've already won a SB. But Gronk's an idiot too.

Was a joke. Nobody wants to lose. It just looks like your' sole purpose of starting this thread is just another angle to bash Butch.

Hey MontanaTenn, thanks for clarifying that. I was like what in the world did I say or do to him for him to say that?? lol Listen guys, I'm as diehard as it gets. I am an extremely emotional Vol fan...I cant help it. I'm really sore over the way this season ended. I never mean any harm to anybody here...I'm just really pizzed at him. I know Ive been relentless lately. Its all out of love for my Vols. We deserve better. Maybe if he simply took some kind of accountability for ONCE, I wouldn't be on his az z like a spy hunter lol

VN Store

Back