Any updates on Tillman?

They’re all saying he’s not playing, he’s not playing. Coach is hopeful they all play, every coach says that, but Tillman isn’t playing. Get your hopes up if you want, he will not be playing

Maybe your right. Good thing for us they don’t have one player that really strikes fear into me. I can think of several for us

Definitely. I have to believe we are going to win this game because the bvs in me hates to think what a loss to THIS florida could mean for heupels tenure here.

I like how the OP literally said "We can't win without Tillman" in post #1, then proceeded to spend the next several pages claiming he didn't say it.

Yes, it will be a tough blow if Ced can't go on Saturday, but even discounting the cupcakes, Hyatt played better than you're giving him credit for against Pitt. As for the run game, I liked the two option calls last week, but don't really want to see us do much of that against a SEC defense. We'll get Hooker blown up.

You obviously can't read.

"we NEED him for this game."

That's what i said word for word. We can still win without him but we still need him as well.

You obviously can't read.

"we NEED him for this game."

That's what i said word for word. We can still win without him but we still need him as well.
I read perfectly fine. NEED indicates you can't be successful without. No reason for the ad hom. Maybe you need to check a dictionary for what the word "need" means?

need
/nēd/

verb
1. require (something) because it is essential

You don’t know anymore than anybody else. Your speculating and that is all! Having said that it’s a team game and you have to be able to deal with injuries. Nobody knows how serious Tillman is hurt, Florida has folks injured as well. If we play well we can win! GBO!
Lol ok.

So if someone says we need our best WR against our biggest rival means that person is implying there is no way possible to win?

Yeah. Think about that one genuis. You have obviously never played any organized sport in your life and clearly can't understand the wording of things in their sentence contexts. If not then don't bring your grammar nazi BS here to twist my meaning.

Tennessee needs all of their best players EVERY game no matter who we play .

In no way did my sentence proclaim we can not win without him. It will just be much more difficult.

Let's put it this way, without Tilman we are 2-1 right now with probably a blowout loss to Pitt after we went down 10-0 like that.. Cedric Tilman is THAT important to this team.

Last time we beat Florida was with Dobbs to Jennings literally the 2016 version of Hooker and Tilman in many many ways which is crazy to think about.

5 players scored TDS in that game. Jennings play was great But not the make or break of the game. If I can trade Tillman for our D not giving up points in the first 27 minutes of the 2nd half I would do it every day.

So if someone says we need our best WR against our biggest rival means that person is implying there is no way possible to win?

Yeah. Think about that one genuis. You have obviously never played any organized sport in your life and clearly can't understand the wording of things in their sentence contexts. If not then don't bring your grammar nazi BS here to twist my meaning.

Tennessee needs all of their best players EVERY game no matter who we play .

In no way did my sentence proclaim we can not win without him. It will just be much more difficult.
Wow, another ad hom. I wonder why you got banned before? I wonder why I quit spending so much time on VN about 10 years ago?

While you were arguing with others for the first few pages of the thread, did you not see that plenty of others took that to be your meaning as well, because they, you know... read your post?

I like your passion, but you present it in really negative ways. Tillman is very unlikely to play, and we're still very likely to win. How about that?

Florida site says V. Miller practiced today without the non-contact jersey and is gonna play Saturday. They’re a different team with him, I hope our tempo wears their thin defense out

Florida site says V. Miller practiced today without the non-contact jersey and is gonna play Saturday. They’re a different team with him, I hope our tempo wears their thin defense out
Where do you see this. Not doubting you just wondering

What is his injury? If UF is without their best defender and we are missing our best playmaker, then they kind of cancel each other out.

Update on Ventrell Miller. Would be a big deal for Florida’s defense.

Practiced on Thursday, although limited, he was NOT in a non contact jersey. Game time decision

Last edited:
Reactions: PEPPERJAX
5 players scored TDS in that game. Jennings play was great But not the make or break of the game. If I can trade Tillman for our D not giving up points in the first 27 minutes of the 2nd half I would do it every day.

Jennings made the most crucial play that turned the game around. Anyways, i think we win, but it will be a dogfight like Pitt.

Florida has Eastern Washington and Mizzou after Tennessee. He may get some shots, extra tape and try to tough it out through this one. He can take the next two off.

I actually think team strength favors UT a little more than that. UT can lose for sure. But I think the Vols have to play poorly and UF has to have its best game of the year by a fairly wide margin.

USF just gave a big part of the blueprint.

I think it is interesting that the one game that got the talking heads going about AR was Utah. He wasn't great throwing the ball. He completed 17/24 for 168 yds and no TD's. IMO, he would have to throw for well over 200 yds and a couple of TD's without any picks. If he does that then their run game can make up the rest of what they need to play well enough on O to win. IOW's, they need to do something they have not done this year.
I think the reason everyone got on the Richardson Heisman train was no one expected them to beat Utah.. in fact, most thought they would get rolled over. Because of that no one really thought about the fact that he didn't throw the ball well. Then you have people saying he was dinged up the past few weeks which is why he didn't run the ball is interesting because if that's the truth and he comes at us healthy we will likely see something closer to the AR than played Utah than the one that played UK and USF.

But this thread is about Ced. I hope we get an early Xmas miracle and he is 100% healthy ASAP if he is 80% Saturday id rather they sit him. This is gonna be a very physical game I think..

VN Store

Back