Any rumors on the teams’ mindset heading into next week?

beefvol44

I read on a pay site TV has a lot that are thinking of jumping into portal. Hate reading that stuff during the season.

There are lots of rumors but they are “rumors”. There is also truth and it is hard to know the difference. I will share some truth when this season is over but will not be a part of rumors or anything else until the season is done. I can guarantee some are going in portal. I can guarantee so will every P5 in the nation. We will bring some in and lose some. Problem is no one knows who. Even some who are leaving don’t know it yet.

There are lots of rumors but they are “rumors”. There is also truth and it is hard to know the difference. I will share some truth when this season is over but will not be a part of rumors or anything else until the season is done. I can guarantee some are going in portal. I can guarantee so will every P5 in the nation. We will bring some in and lose some. Problem is no one knows who. Even some who are leaving don’t know it yet.
I applaud your stance on not stealing their thunder even if you did know. The team as a whole has enough on their plate getting ready for the first round of regionals without having to drown out all this chatter.

I am waiting for somebody to tell me where my son is going since I was told this week he will not be coming back because he is transferring. :p I told the man someone should probably tell my son also since he just enrolled in a masters program at UT.
Too many folks like to fester in rumors and just like to stir stuff up. CTV isn’t perfect (no Coach is) but he’s brought this program to national prominence quicker than any one expected. I hope he’s here for decades to come. He’s my favorite Coach at UT in any sport (other than Majors and Summit).

Not sure why TV would entertain leaving when he has been given so much input into the stadium upgrades, etc. and didn’t he get an extension?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I am waiting for somebody to tell me where my son is going since I was told this week he will not be coming back because he is transferring. :p I told the man someone should probably tell my son also since he just enrolled in a masters program at UT.
I hate to break it to you preacherman but Kirby is a VFL and we ain’t letting him go anywhere, maybe even after he graduates! He’s stuck with us, like it or not.
😎

Dang, heard Smokey is in the portal, what we gonna do for mascot now?
Lots of mascots leaving California. Such a clown show out there. UC-Irvine's Pete the Anteater is in the portal already.
1685056921955.png
Complains the pandemic kept him in isolation for 3 years, responding to accusations of being a pangolin, and now he can hardly work a game for "furries" asking to see his tongue. Sick!

Talking to him off the record, I think he's willing to go smokey gray and orange, and could self-identify as a possum--though not sure how he can work that into his act. Maybe just play dead, or scrounge dogfood after dark.

Lots of mascots leaving California. Such a clown show out there. UC-Irvine's Pete the Anteater is in the portal already.
View attachment 553099
Complains the pandemic kept him in isolation for 3 years, responding to accusations of being a pangolin, and now he can hardly work a game for "furries" asking to see his tongue. Sick!

Talking to him off the record, I think he's willing to go smokey gray and orange, and could self-identify as a possum--though not sure how he can work that into his act. Maybe just play dead, or scrounge dogfood after dark.
Petey kinda has the smokey gray thang goin' on... TAKE

Rumor is I'm mad and thirsty
You shouldn't have posted that. ESPN just posted a story on "Another Out of Control Tennessee Fan Goes on Drinking Binge," and SDS has a headline: "Vol Fan Post Hilarious Tweet from Insane Asylum."

Vanderbilt site has already diagnosed you as Polydipsic.

View attachment 553099

My son adds that there’s almost no teams with a giraffe as mascot (he likes giraffes), but I’m not sure the Tennessee Giraffes has a great ring to it.

That’s great. What will he be studying?

My son adds that there’s almost no teams with a giraffe as mascot (he likes giraffes), but I’m not sure the Tennessee Giraffes has a great ring to it.
Is the one the Knoxville Zoo named after Peyton back in the '80s still living?

A giraffe mascot might get complaints he's blocking the view from as high as the mezzanine, and his eyelashes might be interpreted as mocking some of our Lady Vols.

But we could certainly be the Tennessee 'necks.

VN Store

Back