Any ideas about who Kellie's final hire might be?

lvocd

Anyone hearing any rumblings? Also, what about a graduate assistant?

I'm on pins and needles waiting for the news. I'm HOPING that this one is taking a bit longer only because her target candidate(s) is SO darn successful where she/he is now that it's taking extra time to think about it before she/he ultimately teams up with Kellie at Tennessee. :p

Anyone hearing any rumblings? Also, what about a graduate assistant?

I'm on pins and needles waiting for the news. I'm HOPING that this one is taking a bit longer only because her target candidate(s) is SO darn successful where she/he is now that it's taking extra time to think about it before she/he ultimately teams up with Kellie at Tennessee. :p
Me as well!! I about know it will be a she and as a recruiter probably necessary this time around.

Anyone hearing any rumblings?

tenor.gif

I hope it is a homerun hire because quite frankly she has no one on her staff that is a proven winner who can coach toe to toe with Geno and other top programs or who can recruit with the best. I hope she does not hire someone who she is "comfortable with" but someone who has been in the trenches with the best coaches. I have no doubt that Kellie can coach; I do have concerns that she is ready to compete with Geno, Tara, Muffett, and Kim. She will be successful only if she surrounds herself with the best available. She needs to understand that she failed at NCState because she did not have the players who could compete at the highest level. Success at Missouri State does not equal success at UT, Uconn, Baylor, Louisville, Stanford, or Notre Dame.

Frankly, I am disappointed that Fulmer has not stressed to her that she needs the best assistant coaches out there. He certainly has put no restrictions on football assistants and I think he has given Barnes the green light to hire the very best. Either Fulmer did not give her the money to hire the best or she is not seeking the best. She needs to poach assistant coaches from the best, not bring in assistants from mediocre teams. And she really needs an great offensive hire because from what I have seen, offense is a weakness.

I hope it is a homerun hire because quite frankly she has no one on her staff that is a proven winner who can coach toe to toe with Geno and other top programs or who can recruit with the best. I hope she does not hire someone who she is "comfortable with" but someone who has been in the trenches with the best coaches. I have no doubt that Kellie can coach; I do have concerns that she is ready to compete with Geno, Tara, Muffett, and Kim. She will be successful only if she surrounds herself with the best available. She needs to understand that she failed at NCState because she did not have the players who could compete at the highest level. Success at Missouri State does not equal success at UT, Uconn, Baylor, Louisville, Stanford, or Notre Dame.

Frankly, I am disappointed that Fulmer has not stressed to her that she needs the best assistant coaches out there. He certainly has put no restrictions on football assistants and I think he has given Barnes the green light to hire the very best. Either Fulmer did not give her the money to hire the best or she is not seeking the best. She needs to poach assistant coaches from the best, not bring in assistants from mediocre teams. And she really needs an great offensive hire because from what I have seen, offense is a weakness.
Kellie has already shown she can compete against Tara, this year in the Sweet Sixteen with Freshmen and Sophomores who didn’t have the star rankings Tara’s team did. Kim does the same thing Geno did, get the biggest players on your team. Kellie is a smart person, has probably talked to knowledgeable people concerning her next assistant, hope she gets the assistant she wants. GO LADY VOLS!!!

i love it when people behind a keyboard tells folks what they 'need' to do, pray tell, which major college program have you turned into national champions or even plain ole elite blue blood status?

Of course the job would certainly pay more to Alex Simmons than the Gardner Webb job and not a great season there this year. I suspect if offered she is on the move.

Of course the job would certainly pay more to Alex Simmons than the Gardner Webb job and not a great season there this year. I suspect if offered she is on the move.

Yes, but would this “satisfy” the masses that demand we have a home run hire ? I think people are wanting her to hire someone from a UConn or ND and that’s just not happening. I really can’t think of any super offensive coaches out there that would be willing to leave their programs but maybe someone from the WNBA. I would say that a person like Eric Thibault from the Washington Mystics would be a great assistant hire but I don’t know if that’s a stepdown in pay for him and I think is his dads successor in waiting for when he retires.

Yes, but would this “satisfy” the masses that demand we have a home run hire ? I think people are wanting her to hire someone from a UConn or ND and that’s just not happening. I really can’t think of any super offensive coaches out there that would be willing to leave their programs but maybe someone from the WNBA. I would say that a person like Eric Thibault from the Washington Mystics would be a great assistant hire but I don’t know if that’s a stepdown in pay for him and I think is his dads successor in waiting for when he retires.
I doubt she has the money to hire someone that would probably want close to what she is making. Fulmer budgets everything and he extended it on men's basketball dramatically I doubt he is gonna give her anymore than she already has. I suspect her Assistant Coach budget is below the men's which is 975000. I figure hers will be lucky to be 700000. Probably 175000 to the Assistants leaving about 3500000 for an Associate Head Coach. That would be someone who was a Mid-Major coach like Simmons. I agree we probably could find somebody with a better resume than her, but I have already determined that Kellie likes comfort in her hires. She is not gonna go with anybody she has not been associated with before. If that eventually leads to her downfall here yet to be determined.

I would much rather rely on their judgment than someone who is just star chasing. The best fit for her style and philosophy is what needs to happen. We can only judge her success at the schools she is at. She had a pretty good result this with her lower "ranked" coaching staff.

Kellie has already shown she can compete against Tara, this year in the Sweet Sixteen with Freshmen and Sophomores who didn’t have the star rankings Tara’s team did. Kim does the same thing Geno did, get the biggest players on your team. Kellie is a smart person, has probably talked to knowledgeable people concerning her next assistant, hope she gets the assistant she wants. GO LADY VOLS!!!

Will you please stop with this Kellie has already shown she can compete against Tara, this year in the Sweet Sixteen. That was one of the worst games in the tournament no could throw the ball in the ocean.

Will you please stop with this Kellie has already shown she can compete against Tara, this year in the Sweet Sixteen. That was one of the worst games in the tournament no could throw the ball in the ocean.

But also don’t discredit her team for being able to hang ... I just am not willing to discredit her either. The great thing is the next couple of years Kellie will have the chance to prove herself against the likes of Muffet, Geno, Dawn, Vic, and Tara. We will be able to see if her teams improve soon enough.

But also don’t discredit her team for being able to hang ... I just am not willing to discredit her either. The great thing is the next couple of years Kellie will have the chance to prove herself against the likes of Muffet, Geno, Dawn, Vic, and Tara. We will be able to see if her teams improve soon enough.

I`m not discrediting her team we all know that was a awful game. And to be fair her team did lucked out they played Stanford. In my opinion the best mid major team was Buffalo, They had to play UConn and what a game. Now with that said i think if Stanford had to play Buffalo they would have lost. I will take Kellie over Holly any day.

Seriously, thank you.

No one said the shooting was great on either side. Stanford is an elite team, with elite recruits, and an elite Coach, and Kellie’s team kept the game close the entire game, that’s competing.

No one said the shooting was great on either side. Stanford is an elite team, with elite recruits, and an elite Coach, and Kellie’s team kept the game close the entire game, that’s competing.

I under stand they kept the game close it was just a bad shooting game for both teams. And yes Stanford is an elite team i`m just saying the way they played in that game was awful.

Seriously. One game where Stanford plays like garbage and all of the sudden Kellie is the next big thing.

Seriously. One game where Stanford plays like garbage and all of the sudden Kellie is the next big thing.

I think it was her beating 3 top 25 teams in a row that made people turn heads. Not saying she is the next big thing but her team played well at the right time and her OCC schedule was challenging for her young team while ours ended up not working in our favor.

I would say that a person like Eric Thibault from the Washington Mystics would be a great assistant hire but I don’t know if that’s a stepdown in pay for him and I think is his dads successor in waiting for when he retires.

Now THAT's an intriguing thought. Mining the WNBA for candidates, I mean.

I think that NBA assistant Becky Hammon only earns around $250,000 as an assistant, so I wouldn't think that a WNBA assistant would earn even nearly that much. But I really don't know for sure.

Now THAT's an intriguing thought. Mining the WNBA for candidates, I mean.

I think that NBA assistant Becky Hammon only earns around $250,000 as an assistant, so I wouldn't think that a WNBA assistant would earn even nearly that much. But I really don't know for sure.
I assumed they made like $18 per hour.

VN Store

Back