Any chance Tayven Jackson beats out Milton next spring?

It was raining and Milton/Fant have had a week of 1st team reps together. Timing routes take a lot of work. But even that's moot if Fant stumbled. Remember Keyton stumbling a few weeks ago and suddenly it looked like Hooker missed him by 6 yards? When you're throwing to a spot, any stumble or grab can throw off the routes and make them look really bad.
I remember every single game Milton has started and have seen the exact same misses

People can't understand this concept. Milton wasn't throwing to Fant there. He was throwing to a spot. If Fant stumbled he missed the spot. People act like Fant ran a route, turned and gave Milton a target and he missed it.
That’s wrong generally now. The days of throwing to a spot were true at one time. But most plays are not drawn like that now.

Reactions: BJSforVols
Oh I’m glad you cleared that up , now I feel much better 🤣🤣😂.
With Hooker receivers got to the spot 70% of the time?
And now they are not , maybe Milton is missing the spot by 5-10 yards
Tbh HH missed the same way in similar weather vs UGA. There was at least 5-6 overthrows

Did you just see the miss to Fant? No way is he leading to 9-10 wins.
The miss to Fant was off his fingertips on a post, in the rain. Give the guy a bit of time to practice with the 1s. He doesn’t get the same time with them as hooker had. He will in the spring and during the offseason. The pass to squirrel on the 9 route looked way overthrown, but go back and watch it. Squirrel did not look like he was expecting that ball. In fact he did a double take and picked up his speed at the last second. It’s going to take a bit for the team to adjust.
All that said, Milton still needs some polishing, but he is far better than he was in the first three games last year

He has one more game to prove he has overcome his throwing woes. If he doesn't demonstrate significant improvement, then it will be and should be a truly open competition. I had so much hope that he would have turned the corner, but it just wasn't there yesterday

The mental miscue of choosing a 3 wood or a driver from the bag when you need a 7 iron might not be fixable. At least that's what it looks like.

Last edited:
While i would still think Milton will be the starter, don't count out Nico because he's a freshman. He'll be enrolled here for the entire Spring and he's a consensus top 5 player in the nation. I think we'll have a good situation next year with Milton, nico, and Jackson.
He should get to practice with the team for the bowl game too.

Reactions: 37027
Milton will start the season opener next year. But Nico will take over at some point. Unfortunately next year could be a 7-5 type year. 2024 and 2025 look to be the years for us to get back to where we are this year.
That's why teams that manage the transfer portal right, do NOT have drop-off yrs....how many yrs. in a row has Ole Ms got their QB as a transfer & done well?

The miss to Fant was off his fingertips on a post, in the rain. Give the guy a bit of time to practice with the 1s. He doesn’t get the same time with them as hooker had. He will in the spring and during the offseason. The pass to squirrel on the 9 route looked way overthrown, but go back and watch it. Squirrel did not look like he was expecting that ball. In fact he did a double take and picked up his speed at the last second. It’s going to take a bit for the team to adjust.
All that said, Milton still needs some polishing, but he is far better than he was in the first three games last year
He needs more than polish. He needs to be re-sanded and then re-painted.

Milton can get there. He has to put in the work with the WRs imo. He has to get over the nerves as well. Has the ability not sure if he has the composure for the position.
He’s going into his 5th year of college football. If he hasn’t shown the ability to do something 50% of the time yet he’s not going to be able to do something most of the time 9 months from now, I don’t care if he moves in with Peyton Manning and Drew Brees for the next year. He is what he is and it’s all he’ll ever be. He’s a freak athlete with a rocket for an arm. That doesn’t make someone a good QB though. He’s indecisive and makes poor decisions and he has zero touch on any of his passes. There’s no reason to believe 8-9 months of work is going to fix the same problems he had 14 months ago. We either need Tayven to be the guy or we need to get a transfer in that’s proven he could play. Whether it be at the G5 level or is on a bad P5 school that is looking to increase his draft stock. If not we will go 7-5 next year and all the talk across the SEC and rest of the country is that we were a 1 year wonder

Reactions: JustFunnN'Orange
Tayven Jackson will get snaps before Nico. you guys did the same crap with Harrison Bailey when he got here. All we read and heard was "Put HB in!, Hes better than this!, Hes the best QB we have! Put HB in what are you guys doing!" I honestly thought the kid was the next Peyton Manning the way you guys hyped him up. He never started for a reason. He transferred to UNLV and hasnt seen the field much there either. I think by this account we need to TRUST our HC and allow him to coach Joe up this off season. The offense will change alittle to help compliment what Joe does best. WE ARE GONNA BE FINE. Stop with this BVS crap.

Tayven Jackson will get snaps before Nico. you guys did the same crap with Harrison Bailey when he got here. All we read and heard was "Put HB in!, Hes better than this!, Hes the best QB we have! Put HB in what are you guys doing!" I honestly thought the kid was the next Peyton Manning the way you guys hyped him up. He never started for a reason. He transferred to UNLV and hasnt seen the field much there either. I think by this account we need to TRUST our HC and allow him to coach Joe up this off season. The offense will change alittle to help compliment what Joe does best. WE ARE GONNA BE FINE. Stop with this BVS crap.
I know you didn't intend your post for this, but Harrison Bailey and Joe Milton seem to be following similar paths.

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93
We will just practice a play where the receivers run to the back of the end zone and turn around...even from 75 yards away.

I don’t see anyone being Hooker next year. However if Milton takes some steps forward, we will have a more dynamic run game imo, and hopefully the defense can be at the very least mediocre. Still could be a 9-10 win team.

We'll know the answer to this when there's been some snaps on the field next fall in the first game. We will stress and speculate to no end until then. Posters will swear he is or isn't the answer. But a lot of bandwidth will be wasted for nothing lol.

For the 2 weeks from UGA->USC, we sure melted some HDDs over how corrupt and stupid the playoff selection committee is. Then, all of a sudden after the USC game, not a single thread about it. Truly weird.

VN Store

Back