Any Bigfoot Believers Here?

While I think that when all is said and done, there aren't really any squatches and all evidence of their existence is generally rational stuff that's just misunderstood and unknown (or manufactured), I still like to keep at least a fingernail's hold onto the mysterious possibilities of the universe, even if just for the fun and imagination of it.

In other words, I'm a dedicated skeptic of the supernatural and crypto-whatever but I would love to see a discovery of something really bizarre and mysterious.

I'm not religious but I do feel like there is a higher order to the universe, and realms of existence beyond our knowing, but that's really just based on an awareness of the extreme limitations of our observation and speculation. Even within the three dimensions we operate in, there's so much more out there than we'll ever know or comprehend, so it's kind of foolish to be dogmatic about anything, including science or the rejection of the metaphysical.

I'm often reminded of a 19th-century book called Flatland, where the main character, a square being, lives in a two-dimensional plane whose inhabitants have no concept of a third dimension — their experience of the world has no up or down, but essentially is a single surrounding line of view with enough depth perception to see the shapes of other beings and objects on their plane.

The square is visited one day by a sphere who intersects his plane to teach him the truth of a third dimension; his perception of the sphere is that it appears as a circle being who gets larger and smaller as it moves up and down, very confusing and mysterious to him. After being taken out of the plane by the sphere and understanding the third dimension, the square tries to teach the truth to others but is castigated as a heretic and a madman.

Now, I know there are people on here that believe squatches operate interdimensionally, and that's fine, although I don't believe that myself, but that's not my point in mentioning that book. It's just a nice, simple illustration that there's likely a lot more to existence than we have the ability to perceive, or probably even imagine, given the limitations of the little meat computers in our skulls (hell, we haven't even figured those out yet!). Maybe it's more dimensions, sure, or maybe even the idea of dimensions is a simplistic construct we came up with to put order to things. I don't know. But not knowing is both inspiring and liberating. And the recognition of it necessarily precludes dogmatism toward any end.

Still, our simple constructs are all we have on which to build ration and reason and science, and we know enough to embrace those constructs that are durable, repeatable, translatable and [a whole bunch of other adjectives]. We've done very well constructing an awful lot of those.

That science is what I choose to lean on, and when it doesn't suffice to explain some mystery, my argument will always be that we just haven't gotten enough evidence yet and the answer is much more likely to be mundane than mystical. But I'll always hold out that sliver of hope for seeing a squatch ride a unicorn through a time portal.

Oh looky, I'm long-winded. I hope to hell you didn't actually read all this drivel.

I picked up a 99 cent "documentary" about bigfoot once at Wal-mart. It was a double feature along with something about killer dinosaurs. Pretty uh interesting stuff. The bigfoot hunter guy I honestly think started 75% of his sentences with "Now I know bigfoot and..."

I believe in that man's dream and relentless pursuit of bigfoot. I am also good friends with a homeless man in Memphis named "big hand". I always hook him up in case they are related.
How is this linked to Dancing Outlaw?

I do think there is something out there. Too many credible people have had sightings. Of course every state has had sightings but the Pacific north west is the real "bigfoot country".
There have actually been many sightings here in south Florida near the Everglades. They call it the "Skunk Ape" Perhaps this skunk ape is the same as the one in the PNW but because of the hot humid conditions his stench is worse. All credible bigfoot sightings include a description of a very foul odor.

I haven't seen one. But if I ever do, I am not telling anyone without better proof than what we have seen so far. If bigfoot exists, I find it likely they are attracted to the smell of burning marijuana. The majority of those I have actually met who claim to have seen one or believe in them are also known to partake.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Everything is a matter of our own perception. You and I can look at the same person and not see the exact same thing. Our minds interpret. If someone says they saw a sasquatch, then I assume they saw one. My dad believes that he saw the ghost of my mother's great grandfather when she took him home to meet the family while they were in college together.

Everything is a matter of our own perception. You and I can look at the same person and not see the exact same thing. Our minds interpret. If someone says they saw a sasquatch, then I assume they saw one. My dad believes that he saw the ghost of my mother's great grandfather when she took him home to meet the family while they were in college together.

Kind of like in college when I thought that girl was hot at the bar.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I knew a guy when I was in the Navy that had huge feet and a big ugly head to match. Plus, he was from Gainsville. He was the closest thing I ever saw to a Bigfoot.

Yes I believe in Bigfoot.
It just may not be what people think it is though..
I men sightings/eye witness accounts didn't really know what they were seeing.
As "bigfoot" creature may be something else and not Gigantopithicus

Reactions: Obsessed
Joe Rogan - "You know who you DONT see at bigfoot meetings? Black guys. They are almost always made up entirely of unf_ckable white dudes."

I've only seen a bit of the one Bigfoot show that had the Bigfoot "expert" who got excited at any little twig or noise he heard and he had a female scientist with him who would kind of just shake her head at him. I laughed on one segment where he played some audio and started going on about how the tree limbs were broken and she just kind of looked at him and politely said nothing he had shown or played proved anything. It was like a teacher talking to a student who went off on some wild story instead of doing the math problem he was given.

VN Store

Back