Antone Davis Claims Butch Jones' Wife Spread False Info

The interesting thing to me is that there has been absolutely no confirmed reports of Jones or his family saying anything negative about UT since the day he was fired. Just noise by folks that have had agendas against the family since the day they set foot in Knoxville 5 years ago.

So, you're saying that Jones was a victim of some kind of conspiracy from the get-go? Go ahead and cite some 'confirmed reports' to support that. :crazy:

Reactions: 2 people
The attacks were vicious and incessant during the off season after a 9-4 performance with a bowl win.

The attacks were even more vicious and incessant after a last second loss to Florida on a desperation play.

So you can pretend this only happened after the horrible performances but that isn't the case. After the mess FCDD left behind this fanbase should have been celebrating a 9-4 season with a good recruiting class coming in.

But so many were focused on any real or perceived shortcomings by anyone on the staff that they refused to see any positives about the program.

So keep telling yourselves that other schools do it, or the kids are weak for paying attention to it, or that nobody is paying attention or whatever lie/excuse you need to tell yourself but these boards and social media in general does have an impact on the people involved in the program. We can choose to be whiny b..ches demanding a better product or we can choose to be ambassadors of the program by spotlighting the positives in public (social media) instead if focusing on the negatives.

Your call on how to portray the program publicly

How about citing specific examples of these horrible attacks on Jones and his family?

And saying he was doing a lousy job as the head coach isn't an attack, it's the truth that was plain as day on the field every Saturday for the last season and a half.

Reactions: 4 people
Just stop with the slander. Both, Antoine Davis and Jones are no longer employed at Tennessee.

Davis burned his bridges with UT with the way he handled himself after he left. He is probably now regretting that and trying to find a way to blame someone else. So let's pick on the wife.

He is not the innocent person you all want to think he is.

Go make some dip Barb

Reactions: 8 people
The attacks were vicious and incessant during the off season after a 9-4 performance with a bowl win.

The attacks were even more vicious and incessant after a last second loss to Florida on a desperation play.

So you can pretend this only happened after the horrible performances but that isn't the case. After the mess FCDD left behind this fanbase should have been celebrating a 9-4 season with a good recruiting class coming in.

But so many were focused on any real or perceived shortcomings by anyone on the staff that they refused to see any positives about the program.

So keep telling yourselves that other schools do it, or the kids are weak for paying attention to it, or that nobody is paying attention or whatever lie/excuse you need to tell yourself but these boards and social media in general does have an impact on the people involved in the program. We can choose to be whiny b..ches demanding a better product or we can choose to be ambassadors of the program by spotlighting the positives in public (social media) instead if focusing on the negatives.

Your call on how to portray the program publicly
Here is your participation trophy, now get you some of that! :eek:lol:

AEBE45AA-0D54-4805-9C77-5DD860B9CBB9.jpg

Last edited:
Way to treat him with respect and equally.

It is the difference between knowing that someone said something verses heresay.

But given that the bulk of the Vol fans indicted Schaino based on heresay, I can see why some would believe they are the same.

Butch's seat is hot. Davis quits. Butch tells wife he is actually fired so he doesn't look bad or that maybe he was going to get fired. Wife gossips and spreads poison to recruits POSSIBLY.

EOS.

So you know the order of events how? And you know what is true and what is not true? If I have learned anything over the past 6 months - most of what is published is never completely true and most of it ends up being lies.

A friend of a friend of a friend's wife's second cousin who knows someone who works in the UTAD said ...

It is the difference between knowing that someone said something verses heresay.

But given that the bulk of the Vol fans indicted Schaino based on heresay, I can see why some would believe they are the same.

Blame McQueary for that.

No reason to target an assistant coach that has any potential controversy as your #1 choice or any choice. There's a wealth of assistants out there that have no controversy.

Reactions: 1 person
So you know the order of events how? And you know what is true and what is not true? If I have learned anything over the past 6 months - most of what is published is never completely true and most of it ends up being lies.

A friend of a friend of a friend's wife's second cousin who knows someone who works in the UTAD said ...

And you know all this how?

Not strange. Mays was apparently close to the former staff. Mays disenchantment with Tennessee started with the UGA game. He heard the boos. He lives in Knoxville - no way to distance himself from the "bad side" of the media and fan base. He has seen and experienced first hand how vicious this fan base can be not only against coaches by also against players.

He appears to want to go to a place where there is positive energy around the team. He knows that with the first bump in the road at UT, it all will start again.

Is he smart enough to know that the EXACT SAME THING will happen at Georgia, Clemson or any other school he goes to with a rabid fan base???

Ok 🙄. Whatever makes you feel better. Just one question for ya.... If you think the fan base here is so disrespectful and didn’t treat your boy Butch or his wife with respect or equally then why are you still here supporting this message board??? Just trying to contemplate that?

Ok 🙄. Whatever makes you feel better. Just one question for ya.... If you think the fan base here is so disrespectful and didn’t treat your boy Butch or his wife with respect or equally then why are you still here supporting this message board??? Just trying to contemplate that?

I'm seeing visions of Walter Mathau and Jack Lemon

He wants us to treat his boy Butch with respect but he doesn't do the same to the ones he doesn't like. Go figure.

Interesting fact volfan102455 and John Currie have never been seen in the same room together at the same time. Draw your own conclusions

Reactions: 11 people
And the fact that this thread was started is a clear example of how those attacks continue even after the coach has long exited the building.

Most schools do NOT act like this. They just don't. And even if they do - just because someone else does it, does not make it right.

I suppose some on here would jump off the upper deck of Neyland Stadium to their death if someone did the same thing at Alabama - just because Bama did it.

I see you're covering all of your bases here. Most schools don't do it, but if they do. wow. lol. And please don't throw shat at me for starting a post about the football program in a football forum. I mistakenly thought that's what football forums were for.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back