Anthem (February 22 Release)

If they do not step up their content release timetable and wait until May to release any real new content, the game will not have any players left to play it.

If they do not step up their content release timetable and wait until May to release any real new content, the game will not have any players left to play it.

You're absolutely correct. And everyone already knows the first 3 or 4 months (at minimum) of "content" they release will be stuff they already had in the game but they stripped it out so they could add it back in under the disguise of new content. Games as a live service, especially how EA does it, is a sham

You're absolutely correct. And everyone already knows the first 3 or 4 months (at minimum) of "content" they release will be stuff they already had in the game but they stripped it out so they could add it back in under the disguise of new content. Games as a live service, especially how EA does it, is a sham
Games as a live service should be a full game then content released that is new.......not stuff obviously ripped from the release game (more obvious in anthem than any other game IMO) and then dripped slowly. If you can keep me interested in your game and its a full game, I will buy a ton from you in MTX cosmetics to support future content..................but not when its so painfully obvious that you held back more than a reasonable amount from the release to drip later.

Games as a live service should be a full game then content released that is new.......not stuff obviously ripped from the release game (more obvious in anthem than any other game IMO) and then dripped slowly. If you can keep me interested in your game and its a full game, I will buy a ton from you in MTX cosmetics to support future content..................but not when its so painfully obvious that you held back more than a reasonable amount from the release to drip later.

Exactly. For games as a live service to work there has to be a good first impression and actual substance to keep folks around at the start. Otherwise you'll be releasing your new content to a smaller and smaller player base because the first impression turned so many people off

They are very quick to listen to the community and make changes, but for the life of me, I have no ideal why they made the loot drops the way they did in the first place.

seems like they have started some changes already. last night and this morning I have been getting a LOT more loot drops than I was previously.

same here, I enjoy it.

this latest patch has brought me a lot of connection losses though. maybe only played 2 hours since the update, and it has dropped 4 times.

Anyone having the crashing issues on PS4 I've been reading about?

Finally did one of the story line missions with a squad. Least enjoyable experience I have had with the game. If you did the storyline with a squad I can see why you wouldn't be a fan of this game. Fights were way too easy, I had no clue what was going on, and we finished the mission boss before they had even stopped talking about it, didn't get any good loot (which I thought was a reason to do squads).

probably didn't help that they were all 10 levels higher than me, and I am just playing on normal. but I have no desire to do that again, even at a higher difficulty the squad aspect takes away a lot from the experience.

oh well. Here's to hoping the division is worth playing and/or the Destiny updates are worthwhile.

I’ve been playing through on hard and it’s been plenty challenging at times. Several bosses where I get wrecked or end up dodging trying to revive fallen team mates. I’ve had two issues of being booted (ps4). It has a few issues but it’s different and that’s refreshing.

I don't play this game but I did see Anthem has been bricking Xbox's and especially PS4's along with some people's computers apparently. Some folks have said their PlayStations no longer turn on after it happened so you might wanna find something else to play until they get that problem fixed if you value being able to use your console

Their source was a reddit post where one person got a refund. Multiple people have stated since then that Sony is refusing to refund and telling people that all sales are final.
They quoted a write from Variety that was able to get a refund. Maybe someone at Sony put a stop to the refunds when they realized what was going on. The whole thing sounds like Destiny 2 all over again...

Sony Offering Refunds to Some PS4 ‘Anthem’ Players as Crashes Plague Game

Reactions: BearCat204
Good reddit drama around this one. Latest discovery is damage numbers seem pointless and the level 1 gun you start with is the best weapon in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: BearCat204
Good reddit drama around this one. Latest discovering is damage numbers seem pointless and the level 1 gun you start with is the best weapon in the game.
based on what? I remember noticing a difference in damage dealt when I upgraded. at least as far as their health bar went and how many head shots it took

VN Store

Back