Anthem (February 22 Release)

Good reddit drama around this one. Latest discovery is damage numbers seem pointless and the level 1 gun you start with is the best weapon in the game.
Yup read that today. Many have said it before and I’ve always shrugged it off but I will never buy another EA game at launch. This game is about 50% done

Yup read that today. Many have said it before and I’ve always shrugged it off but I will never buy another EA game at launch. This game is about 50% done

Hope more people will begin to realize the scam that is EA. I haven't purchased any game EA has been affiliated with in years and I haven't regretted it in the least bit.

Hope more people will begin to realize the scam that is EA. I haven't purchased any game EA has been affiliated with in years and I haven't regretted it in the least bit.
I still don’t have a problem with cosmetic MTX and these issues have nothing to do with that. It’s the same thing Bethesda did with FO76, they released something that didn’t work like it was supposed to.

I still don’t have a problem with cosmetic MTX and these issues have nothing to do with that. It’s the same thing Bethesda did with FO76, they released something that didn’t work like it was supposed to.

Oh yeah this is way bigger than microtransactions, even though that's a big problem in it's own right. It's them purchasing these studios who once made great games, like BioWare, and then essentially holding a gun to their head and forcing them to do things like make live service games instead of the kind of games they were actually good at making.

Oh yeah this is way bigger than microtransactions, even though that's a big problem in it's own right. It's them purchasing these studios who once made great games, like BioWare, and then essentially holding a gun to their head and forcing them to do things like make live service games instead of the kind of games they were actually good at making.
I get EA=Bad, but lets not let Bioware off the hook here. They are 100% culpable in this crap and I'm not 100% convinced this is EA saying you gotta release this now in this state. Look at Respawn, which EA owns as well. EA sucks, but remember that Bioware itself made the excuse for Andromeda of it pulled all its best talent from that to work on Anthem. Bioware is just as responsible for all of this than EA is.

Reactions: tbh
I get EA=Bad, but lets not let Bioware off the hook here. They are 100% culpable in this crap and I'm not 100% convinced this is EA saying you gotta release this now in this state. Look at Respawn, which EA owns as well. EA sucks, but remember that Bioware itself made the excuse for Andromeda of it pulled all its best talent from that to work on Anthem. Bioware is just as responsible for all of this than EA is.

One good thing Respawn did was keeping Apex Legends on the down low from EA and didn't allow them to have any hand in making the game. But yeah with BioWare that's totally fair. If I'm not mistaken I think BioWare for whatever reason got rid of the writers who worked on games like Mass Effect 1 and 2 and they've never been the same since. Getting into bed with EA only magnified it. If they don't get dissolved by the end of the year then I'm assuming they'll put out some terrible rendition of a Dragon Age game and then that will fail and then that'll likely be the end for them

One good thing Respawn did was keeping Apex Legends on the down low from EA and didn't allow them to have any hand in making the game. But yeah with BioWare that's totally fair. If I'm not mistaken I think BioWare for whatever reason got rid of the writers who worked on games like Mass Effect 1 and 2 and they've never been the same since. Getting into bed with EA only magnified it. If they don't get dissolved by the end of the year then I'm assuming they'll put out some terrible rendition of a Dragon Age game and then that will fail and then that'll likely be the end for them
You don't think EA knew the entire time? Matter of fact, I think the only reason that Apex Legends even exist is because EA wanted it. What makes you think EA didn't know about Apex Legends?

Blocked for me, but is it saying EA had no idea it was going on? I still don't believe it wasn't in some way directed by EA......there are MTXs after all lol

So weird I have no idea what's going on with those links lol. But here's a quote from the interview with the executive producer of Apex Legends, "Not to be throwing EA under the bus, but this wasn’t the game they were expecting. I had to go to executives and show it to them and explain it and…not convince but more “Hey, trust us! This is the thing you want out of us.” As a corporation, they can only quantify based on past data and they’ve never done anything like this before. There’s a giant rainbow question mark over revenue projections for this game. They’re like “We don’t know! We can’t predict.” This is a game we had to say “This is what we want to do. Help us get there.” They had no hand in development or anything about this game."

Reactions: BearCat204
So weird I have no idea what's going on with those links lol. But here's a quote from the interview with the executive producer of Apex Legends, "Not to be throwing EA under the bus, but this wasn’t the game they were expecting. I had to go to executives and show it to them and explain it and…not convince but more “Hey, trust us! This is the thing you want out of us.” As a corporation, they can only quantify based on past data and they’ve never done anything like this before. There’s a giant rainbow question mark over revenue projections for this game. They’re like “We don’t know! We can’t predict.” This is a game we had to say “This is what we want to do. Help us get there.” They had no hand in development or anything about this game."

In reality it probably went like this:
Respawn: Hey, we are working on a new game and wanting to jump into the BR genre

EA: Shareholders.....blah.....blah.......blah

Respawn: We gonna have a ton of MTXs and people will buy those like hotcakes

EA: Good...............good

Reactions: Big Z
In reality it probably went like this:
Respawn: Hey, we are working on a new game and wanting to jump into the BR genre

EA: Shareholders.....blah.....blah.......blah

Respawn: We gonna have a ton of MTXs and people will buy those like hotcakes

EA: Good...............good

Probably not too far off from what happened lol

Pretty sure Bioware was already working with (maybe a part of EA) during ME1

Really? It's obvious in 2, 3, and especially Andro. 1's gameplay and the lack of fluidity in its mechanics suggest a company very used to low tech isometric presentation and not so much else.

Really? It's obvious in 2, 3, and especially Andro. 1's gameplay and the lack of fluidity in its mechanics suggest a company very used to low tech isometric presentation and not so much else.
Found my box for Dragon Age 1 and they were part of EA then. went and googled and it doesn't look like Bioware was part of EA for ME1.

VN Store

Back