Another Teacher-Student Sex Scandal

That is a very strange take, I'm sorry to say. Really strange. On both counts.

I don't know what the answer is, but it's certainly not like we had a public school teacher sex control system 40 years ago and forgot. There are tons of good and bad factors that play into it. You can certainly find examples of school systems where it's not happening, and others where it is. To me, it doesn't seem to follow any sort of pattern that prejudice might tell us to look for.

Now, 100 years ago, yes. We really did have good controls around sex 100 years ago. Seriously.
It’s a strange take? 😂 It is probably because I am a woman and you aren’t lol.. some of these teachers are only three to four years older than the students now.. it’s stupid..we don’t typically let new grad nurses go off on their own.. all the patients would be dead lol

That is a very strange take, I'm sorry to say. Really strange. On both counts.

I don't know what the answer is, but it's certainly not like we had a public school teacher sex control system 40 years ago and forgot. There are tons of good and bad factors that play into it. You can certainly find examples of school systems where it's not happening, and others where it is. To me, it doesn't seem to follow any sort of pattern that prejudice might tell us to look for.

Now, 100 years ago, yes. We really did have good controls around sex 100 years ago. Seriously.

I’d say it’s happening in most school systems.

But obviously, you're making that up, so it's really just not interesting.

So maybe this is less boring. Since we're on this subject, my wife (age 58) had a friend in high school who:
a. was the daughter of somebody in a sports media position who was sensitive about scandal, and...
b. had an affair with the vice principal, and...
c. 6 years ago published her memoirs. My wife is a minor (heroic) character in this memoir and the author mailed her a copy. Nobody will ever read it.

I was kinda shocked to see that redbook included this in a list of 20 best books of the year. It's hard for me to read it and sympathize with the author, honestly. If you can, I would just say you don't filter well. I will say her family really really hated her, truthfully. Lots of factors in that. Wicked stepmother, that sort of thing.

Oh, heck, here's a link. But don't read this. It ain't that good. well, okay, except for that I-can't-look-away thing. I did read it all the way through, I admit it.

No, an extended student teacher period post graduate… nobody was doing any of this **** when I when I was in school in the 80s so I beg to differ.. nobody hired new grads fresh from college
I don't think an extended student teacher term would help. At the end of that there would still be hormones at work.
I assure you it did happen in the 80's and long before. It just didn't make the news. It happened in the 70's at my school but it never became a legal matter.

No, an extended student teacher period post graduate… nobody was doing any of this **** when I when I was in school in the 80s so I beg to differ.. nobody hired new grads fresh from college
Lol. The good ole "you need 10 years of experience for this starting posistion" qualifications.

We have a teacher shortage. Pairing young with old isnt going to be possible. And i am really not sure how it would work for the sex problem. I doubt any of these cases are banging it out there on a desk during class or overtly flirting that's going to get caught.

Contrary to what you see here, a very, very small percentage of teacher-student incidents are 22 year old new female teachers banging students. Most are tenured male teachers banging students...
So you’re saying teenage girls can keep their mouths shut while teenage boys can’t?

There is a news item today that a Sullivan county deputy who was school resource officer has taken his own life. The DA was investigating some form of misconduct with a student. They will never announce any more info, but I suppose rumors will be available about the nature of the misconduct.

“Second time in recent weeks”? Rename that institution Horny High School. 😳

VN Store

Back