Another Teacher-Student Sex Scandal

Former Coach Pleads Guilty to Sex with Student After 'Begging the Child Not to Report Her'

This one is a year old, but not previously reported.

She had been the girls basketball coach as well.

ASHLEY-RANAE-RISON-Butler-County-Jail.jpg

A lot of time it seems like the teachers are not that much older than the kids.. which leads me to believe they are not being adequately monitored or screened by administrators? They should definitely know better though.. omg .. I know it’s discriminatory, but such young teachers would send up warning flares for me

A lot of time it seems like the teachers are not that much older than the kids.. which leads me to believe they are not being adequately monitored or screened by administrators? They should definitely know better though.. omg .. I know it’s discriminatory, but such young teachers would send up warning flares for me

The same general idea has crossed my mind as well...how much of it is a 2x-35 y.o. teacher getting a serious case of nostalgia for their high school days or suddenly finding themselves in a position of power (in lieu of or once again being the 'popular kid' in a way), etc. It definitely doesn't excuse the behavior one bit, though. Following on to your idea about monitoring/screening, maybe a probationary period where new hires are paired with existing teachers could be beneficial not only from a monitoring standpoint, but also from a mentorship/career standpoint?

How would screening catch this? I would assume pedophilia is pretty high in the rejection criteria list.

How would screening catch this? I would assume pedophilia is pretty high in the rejection criteria list.
Psych evals, referrals, training about the repercussions for starters lol.. but probably a mandatory supervision period, kind of like what we have with nursing? We don’t just typically turn new grads loose 😂 Just a though.. speaking from a woman’s perspective, any female who would do something like this has got some issues and screws loose

Last edited:

VN Store

Back