Another Former UT Coach In The News.

O'Neill isn't going to be confused with coach k, but he's a solid coach and good recruiter. He's taken over garbage situations and never stayed long enough to reap the awards of his efforts. I don't think he'll compete for titles at SC but they'll routinely be in the postseason.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

like i said before, he gets garbage situations because he has to take em. no premier job would want him, he wont be at USC very long. hes lucky he kept his job last year after acting a jackass during the tourney

as for recruiting, how many players that have signed to play for him have been drafted? in 20+ years of coaching surely there are some success stories , the players didnt do much in college (as his record shows) so surely they did something in the pros for him to be labeled a good recruiter?

as for recruiting, how many players that have signed to play for him have been drafted? in 20+ years of coaching surely there are some success stories , the players didnt do much in college (as his record shows) so surely they did something in the pros for him to be labeled a good recruiter?

I can't give you specific names of guys he's got drafted, but he vastly, vastly improved the talent level at Tennessee. And, you may be right about him not being at SC long; he's yet to stay anywhere long.

I can't give you specific names of guys he's got drafted, but he vastly, vastly improved the talent level at Tennessee. And, you may be right about him not being at SC long; he's yet to stay anywhere long.

so nothing factual, just opinions, based on second hand opinions?

so nothing factual, just opinions, based on second hand opinions?
That's not an opinion. Isiah victor, Tony Harris, cj black, Charles Hathaway, etc were huge improvements in talent. Also, the guy knows basketball; he outcoached the hell out of pearl in both meetings. And, I'm not saying O'Neill is a coaching god, but he's not terrible either.

Hahaha, is this idiot really using O'Neill's first season at USC as some kind of proof that he is a bad coach. Holy ****, that one is just amazing. Hey ochocinco, the first thing I want you to do is get some original material, the whole hat following thing is a little played out, no? Secondly, get a ****ing clue.

That's not an opinion. Isiah victor, Tony Harris, cj black, Charles Hathaway, etc were huge improvements in talent. Also, the guy knows basketball; he outcoached the hell out of pearl in both meetings. And, I'm not saying O'Neill is a coaching god, but he's not terrible either.

But, he never gets good jobs! You must be a hat follower, you dumbass.

but how talented were they really? did any of them even play overseas for more than 2-3 years? maybe 1 of the 4. how many all sec teams for the 4 combined ?

TN basketball has had more talented players before and after that cluster, they dont really stand out. two of those never even played for oneill

Hahaha, is this idiot really using O'Neill's first season at USC as some kind of proof that he is a bad coach. Holy ****, that one is just amazing. Hey ochocinco, the first thing I want you to do is get some original material, the whole hat following thing is a little played out, no? Secondly, get a ****ing clue.

not using his first season at USC, using all 20+ yeras of his career, hes sucked everywhere hes been.

obviously a man like you with anger issues would have a soft spot for KO but the truth is he ******* *****. end of story

but how talented were they really? did any of them even play overseas for more than 2-3 years? maybe 1 of the 4. how many all sec teams for the 4 combined ?

TN basketball has had more talented players before and after that cluster, they dont really stand out. two of those never even played for oneill

found it, the only one of those 4 to make ap all sec 1st team was tony harris and he never even played for oneill

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/sec-honors.html

You seem to forget that we were coming off a 5 win season when O'Neill took over. What he did in recruiting while here was remarkable. He also signed Vincent Yarbrough as well.

You seem to forget that we were coming off a 5 win season when O'Neill took over. What he did in recruiting while here was remarkable. He also signed Vincent Yarbrough as well.

Are you saying that you have to look at context? Context is for hat followers, not super geniuses like ochocinco.

Yarbrough signed with Green, Oneill was already long gone.

Wade Houstons career WP% at UT was 41% (thats with the 5 win year included)

Oneills was 43%.

Are you saying that you have to look at context? Context is for hat followers, not super geniuses like ochocinco.

Exactly. There are only 2 possibilities. If you think Kevin O'Neill is the worst coach in the history of sports, you're a mental giant like ochocinco. If you think that O'Neill is anything but the worst coach in the history of sports, you're a hat follower.

Exactly. There are only 2 possibilities. If you think Kevin O'Neill is the worst coach in the history of sports, you're a mental giant like ochocinco. If you think that O'Neill is anything but the worst coach in the history of sports, you're a hat follower.

Seems to be a common theme around here.

Wade Houstons career WP% at UT was 41% (thats with the 5 win year included)

Oneills was 43%.

O'Neill was primarily responsible for getting Yarbrough. He handled all the early recruitment and signed yarbrough's brother del baker. But, you're right that he ultimately signed with Green. I misspoke.

At least take the time to read the information already present in this thread.

Yarbrough signed with the school who had his brother on scholarship. Who do you think managed that?

yep 3 recruting classes and 1 all sec award combined for all the players oneill ever signed. awesome.

giving oneill credit for VY because he signed his brother is over the top even for the most desperate bs'ers

yep 3 recruting classes and 1 all sec award combined for all the players oneill ever signed. awesome.

giving oneill credit for VY because he signed his brother is over the top even for the most desperate bs'ers

You're just showing that you have no clue what you're talking about now.

You're just showing that you have no clue what you're talking about now.

yeah i have no clue, you were 6 yrs old while i was playin ball with these guys at murphy center every spring. but i have no clue

every fact ive posted can not be denied, you are the one posting incorrect claims. then when shown you are wrong its me that has no clue.

you guys are laughable. im done for the day.

yeah i have no clue, you were 6 yrs old while i was playin ball with these guys at murphy center every spring. but i have no clue

every fact ive posted can not be denied, you are the one posting incorrect claims. then when shown you are wrong its me that has no clue.

you guys are laughable. im done for the day.

Yea, your all-sec data simply destroyed my argument that O'Neill upgraded the roster. It's not like that was the roster that won a couple of sec east titles and an overall sec championship...oh wait. And, your bringing out the age issue was pure brilliance. Maybe you can use a post count argument next. Damn, you're good.

Yea, your all-sec data simply destroyed my argument that O'Neill upgraded the roster. It's not like that was the roster that won a couple of sec east titles and an overall sec championship...oh wait. And, your bringing out the age issue was pure brilliance. Maybe you can use a post count argument next. Damn, you're good.

you first say you cant name names you just know its so, then you repeat incorrect statements as fact that others have falsely made here in the past. any knowledge you have is not based off what really happened, its based off what someone else told you to believe. that can not be any more obvious to anyone who reads this thread.

you first say you cant name names you just know its so, then you repeat incorrect statements as fact that others have falsely made here in the past. any knowledge you have is not based off what really happened, its based off what someone else told you to believe. that can not be any more obvious to anyone who reads this thread.

No one has told me anything. I was at the game with my dad when we swept UK to win the east and the overall sec. I was also at the UK game the previous year. I remember the green era well and attended many games. I did misspeak when I said O'Neill signed Yarbrough; I meant that he was the one responsible for us getting Yarbrough and I stand by that. Your inability to take records and stats into context show you really don't have a clue, and that's been made painfully clear in this thread.

Ask Nic Vucevic and Jim McAilvane who made them money.

Vucevic was a Tim Floyd signee

McAilvane was a 2nd rd pick with barely 1000 career points.

consider that McAilvane is a catholic that grew up in Wisconsin id not call it recruiting coup to get him to Marquette

thats the lone guy hes signed in 20+ years coaching that made it to the NBA. awesome recruiter.

VN Store

Back