And the decommitments start

I don't have an answer anymore. I have been positive about every coaching change since 2008. Is there no end to this nightmare. Does anyone on the hill really care anymore? If not just say it out loud so we can all move on. Sick to death of this. Wow!!!

Perhaps he was looking at the football results from each coach while at their current schools:

LSU
Coach: Orgeron
Seasons: 4 plus part of 2016
Overall record: 43-12 (6-2, 9-4, 10-3, 15-0, 3-3)
SEC record: 27-10 (4-2, 6-2, 5-3, 9-0, 3-3)
SEC West final rankings: 3rd, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, tbd
Final AP rankings: 13th, 18th, 6th, 1st, tbd
Bowl record: 4-1
Championships: 2019 (SEC West, SEC, National)
Heisman winners: 1
Draft picks: 32 (8, 7, 3, 14)

TN
Coach: Pruitt
Seasons: 3
Overall record: 15-17 (5-7, 8-5, 2-5)
SEC record: 9-14 (2-6, 5-3, 2-5)
SEC East final rankings: 7th, 3rd, tbd
Final AP ranking: NR, NR, tbd
Bowl record: 1-0
Championships: 0
Heisman winners: 0
Draft picks: 2 (0, 2)

UT draft picks: 2
LSU: 32

If there was ever a clear sign that our program is in the toilet

I am so happy for the miserable ones on this site. 2020 has been a banner year for you. Pleases continue to gloat over the misfortunes of our team. We have a situation that is right up your alley. Keep voicing the extreme negativity as it will bolster our recruiting efforts. The potential recruits will see the absolute disdain the "loyal" fanbase has for the current staff and players and will decide that they really want to help the poor pitiful fanbase out by staying committed to them. ANY potential replacement coach will laugh hysterically, or simply fire their agent, if this job is even mentioned. The stadium will stay full and all the improvements on the drawing board will make venerable Neyland the envy of all. Gotta love it.
Gloating over our misfortunes? You are FOS. BTW the play on the field and W/L record is 99% responsible for our recruiting efforts. This is not a one year issue. It is a 13 year event with the exception of a couple of Dobbs years and even in Dobbs senior year the team underperformed because of lack of good coaching.

Edit: I see that you have referred to VN members as “mental midgets” recently. Anyone who makes a statement that negativity on this board will be responsible for failed recruiting is a mental midget. The negativity on this forum is a byproduct of the play on the field.

Last edited:
I am so happy for the miserable ones on this site. 2020 has been a banner year for you. Pleases continue to gloat over the misfortunes of our team. We have a situation that is right up your alley. Keep voicing the extreme negativity as it will bolster our recruiting efforts. The potential recruits will see the absolute disdain the "loyal" fanbase has for the current staff and players and will decide that they really want to help the poor pitiful fanbase out by staying committed to them. ANY potential replacement coach will laugh hysterically, or simply fire their agent, if this job is even mentioned. The stadium will stay full and all the improvements on the drawing board will make venerable Neyland the envy of all. Gotta love it.
thisisfine2.JPG

Everybody saw this coming. It’s gonna get much worse. Not a chance in hell im committing to a coach who hasn’t proved he can develop talent and is likely to get fired soon.

We have yet to see bottom with Pruitt. Make the change now or suffer more later

I'd like to understand this magic that happens when fans are negative. Apparently, if we're negative, coaches can't coach, players can't execute, and now recruits leave. Even funnier, apparently we're the only team that has this magic. I've seen bama fans wabt to fire saban, dawg fans want to fire smart, Clemson fans even, yet those schools are staying on top. When you have time, please explain our magic negative impact.
Exactly; couldn't agree more, and why doesn't the opposite also happen? When the fans are positive and hopeful about the staff, players, fill the seats and give it OUR all, we still lose games and recruits and there are still those that blame the fans. Out of everything that could negatively affect a recruit's choice or game day results on the field, the fans are not the most likely factor.

Everybody saw this coming. It’s gonna get much worse. Not a chance in hell im committing to a coach who hasn’t proved he can develop talent and is likely to get fired soon.

We have yet to see bottom with Pruitt. Make the change now or suffer more later

He isn’t gonna get fired. People need to get over it. Fulmer isn’t getting rid of his guy. This class will fall apart and next year will be likely as bad as this.

Reactions: jeff1vol
Sometimes WE fans(I most definitely include myself) just make things worse for ourselves. Now I guess we will lose this excellent recruiting class because all of our complaining. Coach Pruitt I still support you , but not Chaney !
LOL yes it’s the FANS who are at fault for all the record breaking losses. Tell me how that works

I don't have an answer anymore. I have been positive about every coaching change since 2008. Is there no end to this nightmare. Does anyone on the hill really care anymore? If not just say it out loud so we can all move on. Sick to death of this. Wow!!!

Truthfully, there is no end. I mean if someone could point to the evidence that suggests there is I would love to see it. Kiffin, Dooley, Jones and now Pruitt. None were qualified to get the TN job. Yet all did.

The university doesn’t care about its football program. They haven’t for a long time. I honestly believe that it wouldn’t care if the program folded completely.

Reactions: TnVol!
Seriously, can you prove that one single commit has ever changed their mind because of someone being negative in Volnation? Cause if not, your entire point is null and void. As far as coaches not wanting to come here because some of us are negative, you obviously missed the past 2 searches at least. Nobody wanted this job, except the "up and comers".

Seriously, can you prove that one single commit has ever changed their mind because of someone being negative in Volnation? Cause if not, your entire point is null and void. As far as coaches not wanting to come here because some of us are negative, you obviously missed the past 2 searches at least. Nobody wanted this job, except the "up and comers".

Not for the "up and Comer" salary we were offering.

We will get legitimate interest from legitimate HCs when we decide to offer comparable salaries.

Reactions: cgrish
Sometimes WE fans(I most definitely include myself) just make things worse for ourselves. Now I guess we will lose this excellent recruiting class because all of our complaining. Coach Pruitt I still support you , but not Chaney !
Gotta pump the brakes on the "excellent" recruiting class... it was 10th in the nation but several SEC schools were still ahead of us. At this point I don't even support fulmer. The entire football coaching staff needs to be released. They have failed in pretty much every aspect from player development to actually winning games... hell we aren't even being competitive at this point.

So our athletic department, university administration and boosters appear to be taking the route of doing nothing. The sheep will keep buying tickets, T-shirt’s and making donations.
This has been the SOP for well over a decade now. It provides outstanding results for the coffers, on field product and fan appreciation..... not so much........

Definitely shows you where the "movers and shakers" priorities lie.......

Not for the "up and Comer" salary we were offering.

We will get legitimate interest from legitimate HCs when we decide to offer comparable salaries.

Please tell me who Tenn can get for $7-$8M per year? Harbough, Chip Kelly, Malzahn, Ok St coach, the fired coach from FSU, maybe even Jimbo? Maybe Freeze who is a bigger cheater than Pearl even thought about. Money is not the problem. Nobody wants to come to Tenn if they are already successful at their current school. Big time coaches do not leave a successful program, thet just get big raises. Very few coaches have shown the ability to take multiple programs to championships. One is Saban (think the LSU NC was not a great team) was and the other is Meyer.

Reactions: Sarms58
Considering the guy is a top 100 player, I’d say so.

Yes, in looking at the kids film he played more like the Honey Badger than Art Evans. A big loss in a need position. You can always move corner's to safety but it's hard to move a safety to corner.

Good lord. Yes, this kid was totally ready to be our ONLY true CB recruit, was all ready to get blown out by an average of over 20+ per game. but the mean spirited comments on a VOL forum turned him off. Yeah. I'm positive that's what happened.

I’m sure a sleazy coach somewhere is promising him something crazy and reasonable, like maybe teaching him how to cover a slant route.

You, sir, win the gold star today!!!

VN Store

Back