And the decommitments start

Again the insult. More proof of the lynch mob. No I'm not irrational. Are you?I agree with you that Coacheshave every ability to convinceplayers to come here unless the boardsare dominated by a significant minority armed with their pitchforks and torches. Again, this is a throwaway season beset with strange upsets, wins and losses. Should Franklin at Penn State be fired? Would a lot of Tennesse fans be happy to hire him? Covid protocal did not affect all teams equally. Alittle digging will show that Tennessee got hit at least a little harder than average, particularly in the defensive backfield, defensive line and quarterbacks. This hurts Tennesse more than most since Pruitts real recruits are just freshmen and sophomores. Lay back , relax and let things develop. I think it may be too late to keep this good recruiting class now. Don't kid yourself. recruits read this forum and so do current players. If you're young, you've got time(I'm not young and may not have the time), but I'm willing to let the Pruitt saga play out. recruits are very much interested in coaching continuity. I think many of them have already drawn the conclusion that The man who recruited them, may not be here long.
Where was the insult? I think you are too sensitive for a message board.

Are you attacking him because he asked you for evidence for your statement? Please give the names of the players that decided not to come here because of the fans. You made that statement.[/QUOTe

I didn't attack him. He attacked me. Have you read all the posts in the thread or is your attention span very limited. I've dealt with your challenge at leastwice and don't have the energy to do it again.

Truthfully, there is no end. I mean if someone could point to the evidence that suggests there is I would love to see it. Kiffin, Dooley, Jones and now Pruitt. None were qualified to get the TN job. Yet all did.

The university doesn’t care about its football program. They haven’t for a long time. I honestly believe that it wouldn’t care if the program folded completely.
I have been a Vol fan since 1957. My dad was a Vol fan starting in the 1930s. I have never known a period of time where our Volunteers were this bad for this long. I'm older now and don't like wasting my time. If the administration at UT no longer cares about a winning program I would like to know.

If they are not its time for them to stop wasting everyone's time and all the money it takes to run a football program. I've always given Fulmer a pass because his being basically a hard working VFL, a fellow Tennessean, and his love for the university. But now, even he is disappointing. The paying customers have been screwed over for far too long.

Please tell me who Tenn can get for $7-$8M per year? Harbough, Chip Kelly, Malzahn, Ok St coach, the fired coach from FSU, maybe even Jimbo? Maybe Freeze who is a bigger cheater than Pearl even thought about. Money is not the problem. Nobody wants to come to Tenn if they are already successful at their current school. Big time coaches do not leave a successful program, thet just get big raises. Very few coaches have shown the ability to take multiple programs to championships. One is Saban (think the LSU NC was not a great team) was and the other is Meyer.

I will ad that no successful coach wants to go anywhere else, it's not just UT. Ut can get any available coach for the right money. Right now Freeze is the most successful one that is available. There is a chance of Bob Stoops, and Urban myer. For the right money either would come out of retirement. Get a proven winner and stick with them and it will pay off. If we are going to go with another unproven hc, just stick with pruitt. I had rather have Mark Ritch, probably misspelled that, but I think we could get him, he did win 9 to 10 games a year at Ga. and left them with a very good roster.

Reactions: VolinMC
I have been a Vol fan since 1957. My dad was a Vol fan starting in the 1930s. I have never known a period of time where our Volunteers were this bad for this long. I'm older now and don't like wasting my time. If the administration at UT no longer cares about a winning program I would like to know.

If they are not its time for them to stop wasting everyone's time and all the money it takes to run a football program. I've always given Fulmer a pass because his being basically a hard working VFL, a fellow Tennessean, and his love for the university. But now, even he is disappointing. The paying customers have been screwed over for far too long.

I never gave Fulmer a pass. He was a lucky man who followed Johnny Majors and stabbed him in the back with him coming out of heart surgery. I know that's not an original accusation, but it is true. Johnny built the program and had it clicking on all cylinders and kept the momentum till Fulmer gradually ran it in the ground. I don't think that that mean that Fulmer is incapable of hiring a good coach. It may be that getting a good coach is a matter of blind luck. i don't know. Even though they weren't the best of the SEC, his run last year was impressive. this is a throwaway yr. His true recruits are Freshmen and sophomores. Let it play out. He's probably going to be here next year anyway. I saw the players play their hearts out for Pruitt> I saw it in the Auburn game. We outplayed Auburn, a few plys ruined it. If these kinks can't be worked out next yr in a more covid free environment, then go for another coach. Please don't go after Freeze

Reactions: TnVol!
I will ad that no successful coach wants to go anywhere else, it's not just UT. Ut can get any available coach for the right money. Right now Freeze is the most successful one that is available. There is a chance of Bob Stoops, and Urban myer. For the right money either would come out of retirement. Get a proven winner and stick with them and it will pay off. If we are going to go with another unproven hc, just stick with pruitt.

I'll believe it when I see it. I've got doubts. Please don't get Freeze. freeze is sleaze.

I just want to see him post the name of one recruit who didn't come to Tennessee because of some fans' opinion of the coach; just one.
He can't and even if he can dig one up in the last decade, if mean ole fans on a message board can scare them off, then good riddance...

The lynch mob can definitely kill a coach's ability to recruit. It's may be happening to Tennessee now and has happened previously. The mob empowered is perfectly capable of destroying a football program and blaming it on the coach. Most football fans wanted a season this yr and seemed to accept the fact that even if we had a season, it was pretty much a throw away season. There are strange outcomes to games everywhere where even good teams are having awful results(Penn State). I saw some good things happen against Auburn. The team didn't give up; they outplayed Auburn, but let five or six plays prevent a victory. They played hard for Pruitt. Remember that Pruitts classes are sophomores and freshmen. I don't know about Pruitt, but I believe in supporting him thru next yr(and I'm an old codger). I don't have that many yrs left and I'm willing to give more time since it looks like he's going to be here regardless. Some of you younger folks need to back off and relax. The internet greatly empowers the lynch mob and gives it more power than it should have. When what was a decent class is no longer, it will be due to the mob mentality more than anything else. I have seen the enemy and it's us.

I respectfully disagree. All the fans want is to win, every player should want to play for a school that demands winning. If any recruits are lost it won't be because of fans wanting to win, it will be for lack of player development on the field. But i do agree he should get one more year after thinking more about it, hopefully jg will be gone next year and we can have a real sec qb on the field, which will generate more wins.

I never gave Fulmer a pass. He was a lucky man who followed Johnny Majors and stabbed him in the back with him coming out of heart surgery. I know that's not an original accusation, but it is true. Johnny built the program and had it clicking on all cylinders and kept the momentum till Fulmer gradually ran it in the ground. I don't think that that mean that Fulmer is incapable of hiring a good coach. It may be that getting a good coach is a matter of blind luck. i don't know. Even though they weren't the best of the SEC, his run last year was impressive. this is a throwaway yr. His true recruits are Freshmen and sophomores. Let it play out. He's probably going to be here next year anyway. I saw the players play their hearts out for Pruitt> I saw it in the Auburn game. We outplayed Auburn, a few plys ruined it. If these kinks can't be worked out next yr in a more covid free environment, then go for another coach. Please don't go after Freeze

I want to win, yes Freeze made a huge mistake, and he has paid dearly for it. Everyone deserves a second chance get Freeze locked in before someone else does. We did the same thing with Mullens, we could have got him had we acted faster.

Reactions: TikiVol
Recruits know what 2-8 or 3-7 in the SEC means. I know plenty of HS coaches in West/Middle TN and North MS and other coaches are absolutely 1000% negative recruiting against us.

Trust me, a recruit will value the opinion of Nick Saban or Mullen a lot more than a guy with an elephant a$$ avatar on a message board.

And i want you to name some that weren't influenced by reading message boards. Unfair question isnt it? No more than yours I gave my opinion and I stand by it. Your question makes your opinion obvious. Neither can be proved by scientific inquiry. Recruits read message boards. If reading the bard convinces them that a coach isn't going to be around for long, many of them will high tail it.

And i want you to name some that weren't influenced by reading message boards. Unfair question isnt it? No more than yours I gave my opinion and I stand by it. Your question makes your opinion obvious. Neither can be proved by scientific inquiry. Recruits read message boards. If reading the bard convinces them that a coach isn't going to be around for long, many of them will high tail it.

None. I know of no recruit who has publicly stated that they decommitted from or refused to entertain playing for UT because of fan sentiment towards the HC.

Feel free to provide the name(s) of the recruit(s) you know of, who have chosen not to play for Tennessee because of fan sentiment towards the HC, since you are on record saying that it has previously occurred.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Recruits know what 2-8 or 3-7 in the SEC means. I know plenty of HS coaches in West/Middle TN and North MS and other coaches are absolutely 1000% negative recruiting against us.

Trust me, a recruit will value the opinion of Nick Saban or Urban Meyer a lot more than a guy with an elephant a$$ avatar on a message board.

I don't know you, therefore I don't trust you. You don't trust me either. I know some high school coaches too. Believe me, recruits read these message boards. If a message board is boiling over with Pitch forks and torches, that can and will influence a recruits decision. It t would be stupid of me to argue that a recruit doesn't value the opinion of a Saban, or Meyer, but they are not here. We've got Pruitt now and it looks as if he'll be here for another yr or two. Again-this a a throwaway yr. There are all kinds of weird upsets, wins and losses. covid did not affect all teams equally. It appears that Tennessee was affected somewhat more than the average particulary with defensive backs, defensive line, and yes, quarterback. I'm guessing that Maurer, Shrout, and Bailey would have been better prepared if not for a covid that no coach knew was going to devastate this season. The win streak lst yr was impressive even if it was against lesser teams of the Sec. The team played their heart out for Pruitt. They didn't quit against Auburn and again played their heart out. should have won except for a few plays. Yes JG sucks. , but no one can say for certain that Bailey should have started. He's getting there now and it's probably time. his true recruits not counting his first are freshmen and sophomores. Let's see what happens next yr.

I want to win, yes Freeze made a huge mistake, and he has paid dearly for it. Everyone deserves a second chance get Freeze locked in before someone else does. We did the same thing with Mullens, we could have got him had we acted faster.
Mullen yes, Freeze no

I don't know you, therefore I don't trust you. You don't trust me either. I know some high school coaches too. Believe me, recruits read these message boards. If a message board is boiling over with Pitch forks and torches, that can and will influence a recruits decision. It t would be stupid of me to argue that a recruit doesn't value the opinion of a Saban, or Meyer, but they are not here. We've got Pruitt now and it looks as if he'll be here for another yr or two. Again-this a a throwaway yr. There are all kinds of weird upsets, wins and losses. covid did not affect all teams equally. It appears that Tennessee was affected somewhat more than the average particulary with defensive backs, defensive line, and yes, quarterback. I'm guessing that Maurer, Shrout, and Bailey would have been better prepared if not for a covid that no coach knew was going to devastate this season. The win streak lst yr was impressive even if it was against lesser teams of the Sec. The team played their heart out for Pruitt. They didn't quit against Auburn and again played their heart out. should have won except for a few plays. Yes JG sucks. , but no one can say for certain that Bailey should have started. He's getting there now and it's probably time. his true recruits not counting his first are freshmen and sophomores. Let's see what happens next yr.

Yes, recruits read message boards (although they are more likely to be impacted via more 21st century forms of social media); however, I can unequivocally state with 1000% confidence that multiple programs are negatively recruiting against us for 21 and 22 recruits. You can believe what you want as to what I am stating but even those on here who disagree with me know I'm not the type to throw crazy sh-t up against a wall and hope it sticks.

Recruits are not stupid. They know the lifespan for an inexperienced head coach that goes 3-7 (or worse) when coming into a season with a 13-12 record and a handful of embarrasing losses is not long. In most cases, that gets a coach terminated at a school like UT, UF, Bama, UGA, etc. Recruits know the only reason Jeremy Pruitt will likely be employed in 2021 is because of the financial issues related to COVID. They don't need me to tell them that. They have Kirby Smart, Nick Saban, Dan Mullen, Dabo Swinney telling them that...

None. I know of no recruit who has publicly stated that they decommitted from or refused to entertain playing for UT because of fan sentiment towards the HC.

Feel free to provide the name(s) of the recruit(s) you know of, who have chosen not to play for Tennessee because of fan sentiment towards the HC, since you are on record saying that it has previously occurred.

You answer me. True or false: message board posts have no influence on recruits or players--You're getting to be a broken record. Did you not read my last response. I want you to name names of players who said they weren't influenced at all by message boards. You say you want me to name names of players who stated that they were influenced by message boards. you're going around in circles man and dragging me with you. This is Friday night of Thanksgiving weekend. A lot of people are drinking and smoking. Are you one of them? You can't prove that recruits are not influenced by message boards. Here we go again--name names. You can't . I can but won't call him out or his mother either. His mother said that all the players and recruits read the board and were influenced by posts on here. Come on man . Common sense ought to tell you that message boards impact recruits and players

VN Store

Back