Anastasia Hayes dismissed.

Perfect coach for her. he features his guard

Mitchell is a UT coaching line. He runs a lot of players off or they had some problems with assistant coaches and players a few years back . I checked out their roster on their website. Unless Annie is paying her own way... they have 15 on scholarship? Interesting???? 😱

She can stay at Tennessee, but she won’t be on the basketball team. Therefore, she won’t be at Tennessee.

For this year or moving forward? Could this be a situation like Alexis Morris where she stayed and could work her way back on the team ?

For this year or moving forward? Could this be a situation like Alexis Morris where she stayed and could work her way back on the team ?

She wasn’t kicked out of school, she was just dismissed from the basketball team. She isn’t enrolled right now at Tennessee. She is transferring. She will be playing next year for another team.

Why would she need Hayes if she has Harris and Henderson with a strong possibility of landing Cooke?

I think that was a dig at Dawn taking a lot of transfers more so then the players involved. Regardless I think dawn has represented the SEC well! I would add Annie to my mix of guards she was the 6th woman of the year and bounds of potential. With that being said I think Dawn may add her WITH Henderson and Cooke because that would have been a hellacious hounding defense. It’s not going to happen but the quickness of that back court is something I think Dawn wouldn’t have minded.

Wishing her the best but why do people always say “ it wasn’t the right fit or it wasn’t for me” when they are dismissed, relieved, fired, etc? Just say it was time for me to move on to the next phase...

Reactions: Ladyvolfan4ever
I think that was a dig at Dawn taking a lot of transfers more so then the players involved. Regardless I think dawn has represented the SEC well! I would add Annie to my mix of guards she was the 6th woman of the year and bounds of potential. With that being said I think Dawn may add her WITH Henderson and Cooke because that would have been a hellacious hounding defense. It’s not going to happen but the quickness of that back court is something I think Dawn wouldn’t have minded.

Yes, I knew it was and I’m used to it. Dawn had said no to Hayes from jump when she wanted all her sisters to get a scholarship as well so I knew she wasn’t going to pursue her again. Aside from her having a good year for UT she has a lot to work on in her game. She really needs to work on shooting and game management. Those are two strengths for Henderson so that’s why I doubt Dawn would take her.

Reactions: cutiepie5
Ahh, she out right said the SEC office, and the SEC officials we're cheating for Missouri. I hardly call that a class act, I call it being a crybaby, and being unprofessional. Her, crybaby comments, insighted, the ugliest story in Women's SEC sports. She is hardly a class act, or a good sport.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Ahh, she out right said the SEC office, and the SEC officials we're cheating for Missouri. I hardly call that a class act, I call it being a crybaby, and being unprofessional. Her, crybaby comments, insighted, the ugliest story in Women's SEC sports. She is hardly a class act, or a good sport.

wuteva? She may not be a Lady Vol, but Dawn is a class act! She represent Women Basketball like no other, and to me Dawn has more Pat in her than.... to me there are no coaches that represent that way Pat did for wcbb than Muffett, Tara and Dawn and maybe Kim! Pat would be proud of the job Dawn is doing at USC!

Last edited:
Are you serous Mizzou AD started that and made it ugly!! Oh yeah he lied!!

Are you serous Mizzou AD started that and made it ugly!! Oh yeah he lied!!

yeah not sure how chi got that impression of Dawn . She might be alot of things but that Mizzou situation was all Robin and that AD . Thus the reason they were forced to apologize .

Reactions: Martic

VN Store

Back