AN OFFENSIVE COACH WHO WINS....

I want to be wrong, but with the resources we supposedly gave White, this guy isn't the guy. There is a coach that's actually won in the sec sitting there.. And we hire heupel... Who we will fire and pay a buyout to in 3 years along with White.
What part of this equation do you not understand? The NCAA is going to be breathing down our necks for several years. We can not take the chance that Freeze will get us more scrutiny. Kiffin is a great coach, but he changes jobs like you change underwear. Like it or not, this is where we are as a program.

No, not true. Frost was only there 2yrs, which means he had 1 true recruiting class which would be true sophomores JH's first year there.

People are just stupid and apparently think Frost left the 1995 Nebraska roster. Frost never cracked the top 50 in recruiting and signed part of one class and the one full one you mentioned.

He may not be what some here want, but he does check off the winning record as a HC AND an offensive mind that has been pretty consistent.

2018 (12-1)
@ UConn (1-11) - W 56-17
SC State (non-FBS) - W 38-0
Florida Atlantic (5-7) - W 56-36
Pittsburgh (7-7) - W 45-14
SMU (5-7) - W 48-20
@ Memphis (8-6) - W 31-30
@ ECU (3-9) - W 37-10
Temple (8-5) - W 52-40
Navy (3-10) - W 35-24
Cincinnati (11-2) - W 38-13
@ USF (7-6) - 38-10
AAC Title - Memphis (8-6) - W 56-41
Fiesta Bowl - LSU (10-3) - L 32-40

2019 (10-3)
Fla A&M (Non-FBS) - W 62-0
@ Florida Atlantic (11-3) - W 48-14
Stanford (4-8) - W 45-27
@ Pittsburgh (8-5) - L 34-35
UConn (2-10) - W 56-21
@ Cincinnati (11-3) - L 24-27
ECU (4-8) - W 41-28
@ Temple (8-5) - W 63-21
Houston (4-8) - W 44-29
@ Tulsa (4-8) - L 31-34
@ Tulane (7-6) - W 34-31
USF (4-8) - W 34-7
Gasparilla Bowl - Marshall (8-5) - W 48-25

2020 (6-4)
Florida International (PPD)
@ Ga Tech (3-7) - W 49-21
@ ECU (3-6) - W 51-28
Tulsa (6-3) - L 26-34
@ Memphis (8-3) - L 49-50
Tulane (6-6) - W 51-34
@ Houston (3-5) - W 44-21
Temple (1-6) - W 38-13
Cincinnati (9-1) - L 33-36
@ USF (1-8) - W 58-46
Boca Raton Bowl - BYU (11-1) - L 23-49

Check out some of those coaches he has outcoached during that time:
Narduzzi, 2-0 vs Kiffin, Dykes, Norvell, David Shaw, Fickell, Rhule, Strong, Holliday,etc.

He's not Pruitt
An offensive coach who wins with players he inherited and loses more games every year. Don’t get me wrong I want to be wrong but I feel like there would have been more upside to chadwell , he loves TN it would be an extra motivating factor . JH really has done nothing

I like it. Ranked second in the country last year in yards per play. Pair him with Kevin Steele and he could win here. I feel like an offensive minded coach is what the majority of us have wanted. Hopefully we see a much more exciting brand of football than we've seen over the last eight years.

There is nothing like that special feeling of hiring a coach whose record is in decline, before he hits bottom. That's the way we do it...catch 'em on the way down, and give them a big fat SEC contract.
I laughed out loud at this. That's all we can do at this point, right?

Who decided to call a press conference and admit it publicly? It wasn't Fulmer or Davenport
While I don't think I would have done it that way, she is trying to mitigate the NCAA sanctions by getting in front of it. I can see the logic, though I don't agree with it. Plowman is not the reason that sanctions are coming though. That's Pruitt and Fulmer. And we would have had to disclose to any potential coach what he's looking at if he takes this job. That's what turned people away, not because it was announced publicly.

What part of this equation do you not understand? The NCAA is going to be breathing down our necks for several years. We can not take the chance that Freeze will get us more scrutiny. Kiffin is a great coach, but he changes jobs like you change underwear. Like it or not, this is where we are as a program.
JH owns Kiffin

Reactions: john_deere123
An offensive coach who wins with players he inherited and loses more games every year. Don’t get me wrong I want to be wrong but I feel like there would have been more upside to chadwell , he loves TN it would be an extra motivating factor . JH really has done nothing

Other than scoring 100 combined points on Tennessee in back to back years?

he has won 78% of his games as a coach, that's a pretty good record
That is a pretty good record. I look at Heupel a lot like Bill Battle. Heupel took over a team that went undefeated and was already built. Battle went 31-5 his first three years. You’d think, “Wow, the greatest coach in UT history,” Right? Wrong. Dickey had built UT into a machine and had he stayed we’d likely have been NCs a couple of times. Battle had it off the rails by year five. I mean completely destroyed. Heupel isn’t taking over a well oiled machine. He’s taking over a **** show, dumpster fire.

Reactions: nash101
The fact that many, many UCF fans are celebrating losing this guy should be enough for us all to known what we're getting.

It is not my dream hire, but I have read a bit about his offense and the troubles it causes each defense it faces.
The key will be defensive coordinator. If the defense holds, we will win games we have been losing every year.
We have the QBs, RBs, and WRs to run the system better than anyone, at least Briles' last year (it is a twiat of his offense).
The key will be outscoring teh other team. Easier when you score 35 than when you score 14.

he held Kiffin to 14 points while scoring 48, that is outcoaching someone
Ok, maybe he did one game. Of course it’s also possible he had a significantly better team. You can’t go by records necessarily. UCF was coming off a NYD bowl game and had a lot of talent back. FAU is a Sunbelt team. I’m not saying he didn’t outcoach Kiffin and I don’t think Kiffin is a great coach anyway. I just think you’re assuming too much based on game scores.

This dude is failing to live up to the success of his predecessor who is now failing at a power 5 school, in case anyone wants to do some extrapolating

Reactions: ButchPlz
Look around this forum. The fanbase opinion is not always centered in reality.
Then I'll point back to the reality of his records.

Any coach that we have to use LOSSES in the justification for hiring is not good enough.

This dude is failing to live up to the success of his predecessor who is now failing at a power 5 school, in case anyone wants to do some extrapolating
But he lost close games to powerhouses Cincy and Tulsa!

It is not my dream hire, but I have read a bit about his offense and the troubles it causes each defense it faces.
The key will be defensive coordinator. If the defense holds, we will win games we have been losing every year.
We have the QBs, RBs, and WRs to run the system better than anyone, at least Briles' last year (it is a twiat of his offense).
The key will be outscoring teh other team. Easier when you score 35 than when you score 14.

I agree. The biggest difference with this hire and the personnel he is inheriting is he has three solid quarterback options. One of those options is bound to work out. Butch came in with Justin Worley, Pruitt had JG. Heupel should have the tools to have a good offense year one. Not saying he'll compete for an SEC title, but there seems to be very talented young skill players on the roster.

Who decided to call a press conference and admit it publicly? It wasn't Fulmer or Davenport
It doesn't matter whether she admitted it publicly. If there was any chance the infractions could be reported to the NCAA by someone before we self reported we absolutely did the right thing getting in front of it.

Reactions: INDEFENSE
Can’t disagree with the better than us part. Just don’t think it translates to the big 3 that matter. Hope I’m wrong.

Big 3. AL, Fl, Ga? I agree, I don't think it means we beat these guys, however, it would be nice just to beat everyone we should beat every year before we get back to being real competitors.

Reactions: INDEFENSE
That is a pretty good record. I look at Heupel a lot like Bill Battle. Heupel took over a team that went undefeated and was already built. Battle went 31-5 his first three years. You’d think, “Wow, the greatest coach in UT history,” Right? Wrong. Dickey had built UT into a machine and had he stayed we’d likely have been NCs a couple of times. Battle had it off the rails by year five. I mean completely destroyed. Heupel isn’t taking over a well oiled machine. He’s taking over a **** show, dumpster fire.

Bill Battle was a 28 year old assistant position coach when we hired him, not even close to Huepel's resume. UCF wasn't "built" Frost and Huepel just did an incredible job with the meager talent on hand. People are acting like Frost loaded the roster with 5 star recruits. He was there less than 2 calendar years.

Other than scoring 100 combined points on Tennessee in back to back years?
Who hasn’t ? You will see it was a bad hire and I hope he’s good enough you can come back and tell me I was wrong . Derek Dooley scored a lot of points wonder why he’s not coaching us now ?

VN Store

Back