Amy Barrett (post your smear campaign here)

No, I'm not. Obviously the Republicans were trying to pack the courts by unjustly holding up nominees. That's the overwhelming theme here. It was a Republican power play plain and simple. Tell me I'm wrong.
Republicans followed long standing Senate rules and procedures. Harry didn’t like it. Changed the procedures, legally, and was warned that if he did that then when the power structure shifted the Dems wouldn’t like what happened. You are cool with that.

Mitch changes long standing senate rules and procedures, all legally and after he warned the Dems what would happen, and you are pissed.

The Dems heads got so big that genuinely didn’t think the GOP would take the senate back anytime soon. Truly one of the most short sighted moves in senate history. It’s as dumb as the Repubs on here who were pounding their chest that the Dem party was dead in 2016.

Republicans followed long standing Senate rules and procedures. Harry didn’t like it. Changed the procedures, legally, and was warned that if he did that then when the power structure shifted the Dems wouldn’t like what happened. You are cool with that.

Mitch changes long standing senate rules and procedures, all legally and after he warned the Dems what would happen, and you are pissed.

The Dems heads got so big that genuinely didn’t think the GOP would take the senate back anytime soon. Truly one of the most short sighted moves in senate history. It’s as dumb as the Repubs on here who were pounding their chest that the Dem party was dead in 2016.
So basically you agreed with the Republican agenda of packing the courts and were fine with their methodology during the Obama years but got pissed when Reid lowered the Republican's partisan hurdle ?

I see you’re still beating that dead horse.

You know what rules he changed. And you know what Mitch said that would mean. Harry fundamentally changed how lower court nominations got through. You are a giant hypocrite if you had no problem with it being used on the lower courts but not the SC.
You’re wasting your time
He’s delusional

No, I'm not. Obviously the Republicans were trying to pack the courts by unjustly holding up nominees. That's the overwhelming theme here. It was a Republican power play plain and simple. Tell me I'm wrong.

You do realize the Democrats held up Bush judicial appointments?

"From June 2001 to January 2003, when the 107th congress was controlled by Democrats, many conservative appellate nominees were stalled in the Senate Judiciary Committee and never given hearings or committee votes."

Is the theme still overwhelming?

Wonder if Mitch might throw an olive branch of reinstating the more conservative senate rules.....and if he does would the Democrats accept it.

And fails to recognize that all extended powers will one day fall into the hands of the opposition
Good point. Precedent allows Trump to go after BLM, Lincoln Project, and others with the IRS.

I never said she wasn't. It's not like it's a high bar. Is she a Republican appointment and is the Senate controlled by the Republicans? What other qualifications are needed?
One of her best qualifications is she isn't RBG

VN Store

Back