America's Got Talent

Or they could show more of the auditions

Again, in its totality it is a show. They edit the raw footage to tell a story. There have to be funny parts, they need touching parts, they need a segment about how zany the judges are. The whole thing is an act, they are choosing what to show you. I’m sure they don’t show or choose otherwise decent acts because the backstory is no good. The “judges cuts” are just the production people making choices based on what acts have a better story line. And Simon runs the show so I assume he makes a lot of calls.

Also 3 of 4 golden buzzers used on singers is dumb.

Reactions: 1 person
Again, in its totality it is a show. They edit the raw footage to tell a story. There have to be funny parts, they need touching parts, they need a segment about how zany the judges are. The whole thing is an act, they are choosing what to show you. I’m sure they don’t show or choose otherwise decent acts because the backstory is no good. The “judges cuts” are just the production people making choices based on what acts have a better story line. And Simon runs the show so I assume he makes a lot of calls.

I haven’t watched this week, did they golden buzzer another singer?

I get all of that. I also get that all of those things get under my skin. The good thing I guess is that it only takes me about 30 minutes to get through a 2 hour show after I skip over all that crap.

They started that crap on American Idol several years back when they brought in Steven Tyler and JLow. The show became more about the judges and less about the contestants, and that's when Idol started going in the tank. I remember the first couple of times I saw a heartwarming backstory and the person just nailed it in the audition. It felt really good to see that person have their moment. But like everything else in the entertainment industry, it's mass produced now. It almost feels contrived and phony now. Everyone was bullied in school. Everyone was told they'll never make it.

One more thing I'll add. If I had my way they'd dismiss the judges once the live shows start. Just show me the act, and give me the number to call if I choose to vote. I don't need a judges opinion to tell me what I just saw. These shows use the judges and the sob stories to steer people to vote for the ones that the producers want to win.

Heidi's golden buzzer is most assuredly a singer.

One rumor is it's a girl who sings Warrior.

Last edited:
Heidi's golden buzzer is most assuredly a singer.

One rumor is it's a girl who sings Warrior.

Simon has said “variety” about fourteen times this season. If 80% of golden buzzers are singers I don’t see much variety.

Simon has said “variety” about fourteen times this season. If 80% of golden buzzers are singers I don’t see much variety.

Lol in the most recent episode he even said “I find nothing but singers to be quite boring”

Yet they only want to golden buzzer singers.

Lol in the most recent episode he even said “I find nothing but singers to be quite boring”

Yet they only want to golden buzzer singers.

That's a shot at those other singing shows that survived while his X Factor in the U.S. didn't.

Kid rapper was horrible.

Worst Golden Buzzer act I’ve seen I believe. And yes, another singer.

That was the worst round of auditions I've seen yet. When the best act of the night was some Marilyn Manson wannabe stand up comedian that tells you all you need to know.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, this hasn't been a great year. I think all the best auditions were aired earlier in the season.

VN Store

Back