Amazing how all of the...

Negative recruiting is real and vicious . I would say it was not a big deal if we were on level footing with some of our conference sisters. So a kid is deciding between UGA and UT . One is a winner and the other is not . That one thing could be the deciding factor for some ...why take a chance on building a program that may have some issues when we can go to a winner without having to worry about the issues.

Having been through the recruiting process myself , with my brother , and finally with my daughter ...yeah there is a lot that comes up and a lot that's looked at by the parents . Just like buying a car , there are different things that may a deal and break a deal for different people. Some mom or grandma would not be able to see past this issue.
Comparing winning programs vs rebuilding ones are one thing. Saying one school will negatively recruit against us because of a coaching hire is outright stupidity

Well send your "white" daughter to the school he coaches at so he can use them as currency to athletes.

I was not aware of what you are stating. The briefs of the investigation that I have read shows that Art may have been aware of a history of sexual assault within the football program. He was fired by Baylor based on the premise that he was not vetting his recruits on this issue. He disputed this via lawsuit. Evidence in 2018 and testimony by the AD showed that the administrators of the school and the police were in fact aware of the allegations and there was a school wide cover up by them...not simply in the football or athletic department. Also , this assault environment is decades old and has been covered up for decades.

I don't know that Art Briles was ever conclusively shown to be 'guilty' of anything other than no proactively stopping a cover up. The main girl in the allegation was Hispanic, so I am not certain what this white currency thing is that you have referred to.

I am not aware that Kendal Briles has been implicated in any way other than association.

Comparing winning programs vs rebuilding ones are one thing. Saying one school will negatively recruit against us because of a coaching hire is outright stupidity

If you knew half as much as you think you do , you would be brilliant. I would be for the Freeze hire had it happened. It also comes with a certainty of negative recruiting , 'one and done' , and the probability NCAA scrutiny of some kind goes through the roof.

Recruiting is an ugly business. Occasionally it is shown that cash trades hands, influence is used, women and parties are used. First hand knowledge my friend ….lies innuendo and information trade hands in the players living rooms. Sending news articles to grandma's and having noteworthy people contact mom's and dad's to tell the 'real' story are just part of it. The fact is a fact that it is an issue that would have to be defended against on the recruiting trail. Stick your head in the sand if you want.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
If you knew half as much as you think you do , you would be brilliant. I would be for the Freeze hire had it happened. It also comes with a certainty of negative recruiting , 'one and done' , and the probability NCAA scrutiny of some kind goes through the roof.

Recruiting is an ugly business. Occasionally it is shown that cash trades hands, influence is used, women and parties are used. First hand knowledge my friend ….lies innuendo and information trade hands in the players living rooms. Sending news articles to grandma's and having noteworthy people contact mom's and dad's to tell the 'real' story are just part of it. The fact is a fact that it is an issue that would have to be defended against on the recruiting trail. Stick your head in the sand if you want.

Then maybe we should be recruiting more respectful people.

For some reason I don't think Peyton Manning chose Tennessee for "white women "

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I was not aware of what you are stating. The briefs of the investigation that I have read shows that Art may have been aware of a history of sexual assault within the football program. He was fired by Baylor based on the premise that he was not vetting his recruits on this issue. He disputed this via lawsuit. Evidence in 2018 and testimony by the AD showed that the administrators of the school and the police were in fact aware of the allegations and there was a school wide cover up by them...not simply in the football or athletic department. Also , this assault environment is decades old and has been covered up for decades.

I don't know that Art Briles was ever conclusively shown to be 'guilty' of anything other than no proactively stopping a cover up. The main girl in the allegation was Hispanic, so I am not certain what this white currency thing is that you have referred to.

I am not aware that Kendal Briles has been implicated in any way other than association.

Kendal Briles was telling those same recruits "You like white women? We have plenty at Baylor and they LOVE football players"

Those "white women" we're then gang raped.

Glad you think you are the end all, be all when it comes to recruiting knowledge like no one else has had “family members” going thru the process......

Also, it still comes down to individual families making a decision. Just because you can’t see past some issue, that doesn’t mean others will follow suit. Any coach of ours will get their chance to have a face to face
Convo with the very same recruits other schools are negatively talking to us about. Amazing as “someone who’s been thru the process” like yourself can’t see this. Funny you think moms and dads can’t form their own opinions that may differ from you.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Freeze may have been a good hire based on his talent . I would have been willing to give him a chance. On the flip side , he would give some really successful teams some negative recruiting ammo. He most likely would have been one and done . When a guy with his baggage comes into your program so do the eyes of the NCAA . They could come in at any time an start flipping over rocks. So there was a down side to him.

I am hoping for a solid hire and a guy that can recruit. Freeze isn't the only one. That tells me more about the proposed success of failure of CJP than the W's and L's to this point

One necessarily have to be a household name to be a good coach.
In 2007, Cowher resigned from Pittsburgh. The Steelers considered Russ Grimm. They considered Ken Wisenhut but they settled on a dark horse that no one else even considered. They hired an OC from the Vikings.
He had to be googled by Steelers Nation. It took 17 days to make the hire.
So Pittsburgh hired a no name and it took them 17 days to do it.
It has turned out pretty well, don't you think?

Reactions: majic73
20k people are staying home at nearly every college campus in the country these days because of TV and affordability, same as the NFL. Even without you and those pouting and moaning not attending the games I suspect the program will clear close to $100 million just as we have done the last few years, our revenue will only go up as long as Fulmer is in charge of fundraising for the athletic department. More people than ever currently make donations to the program so the I'm gonna show them by not showing up crowd has had little effect on the program I feel.

Right...

Until 80k is the norm, then the effect will be seen and felt.

This university has already fired one HC for not selling enough popcorn at BB games.

These are not happy days indeed. The only hope I have is in Fulmer. However, rumors indicate that Fulmer and Pruitt aren’t seeing eye to eye at the moment and the boosters are caught hearing it in between.

Maybe it’s still the fallout from Vandy or it’s something more.

IMO ADPF needs to stick to ADing and let CJP make his own bed. If it's successful give the man a raise and extension. If it isn't start the process over. But ADPF sticking his nose in coaching matters is overstepping his boundaries and would be termed micromanaging in most industries.

And besides, didn't he get fired from his last coaching gig?

Heard a few more things on Kendall Briles today that makes it a big no for me personally. We are and can do better.

I keep reading that KB was not implicated in any wrongdoing but then read insinuations that make the waters murky. I would just like to know the truth. Does anyone know the truth?

200.gif

I keep reading that KB was not implicated in any wrongdoing but then read insinuations that make the waters murky. I would just like to know the truth. Does anyone know the truth?

200.gif
Schaino was never asked to testify duting any Penn St case yet he is assumed guilty because one person accused him. So there is your standard. If one person accused KB of wrondgoing, he is guilty.

Unless he is a good coach that can help us when right away. If so, it doesnt matter if he is guilty or not cause we can use the Christian moral high ground of forgiveness and stuff.

Reactions: VolGuyAllYear
VF88, "Well send your "white" daughter to the school he coaches at so he can use them as currency to athletes."

The school doesn't have to do what the good people of Knoxville gladly do.

VF88, "Well send your "white" daughter to the school he coaches at so he can use them as currency to athletes."

The school doesn't have to do what the good people of Knoxville gladly do.
Wait, what does the last bolded line mean? The school doesn't do what? What does the city gladly do that the school doesn't? I hope you aren't say

So many of you butthurt at thought of how the as y'all say "white girls" like the athletes. They do.

Saying the true statement that there are attractive women on campus that will throw themselves at the athletes anf other students is not wrong.

Anyone raping someone is unrelated to the fact that the "white women" on campus were used as a recruiting pitch.

I guess many of you have never attended college if you think that things are any different. If you are worried about your daughter going after an athlete or someone else than don't send her to college. The coaches aren't making the girls pursue people.

VN Store

Back