Amazing how all of the...

PulaskiVolFan

Freeze or nothing bunch has gone silent! I wonder why? Just days ago many fans and most NegaVols were clamoring how poor a job we were doing by not getting Freeze and how now bama or Auburn or FSU were going to make us look like idiots by them hiring him and shoving it up our tailpipe! They said we would be considered losers, because teams like the commies are not afraid to hire coaches like Freeze and our admin and Fulmer were idiots for not hiring him. Lots of people on this board threaten to quit donating money and quit attending games if we didn't get him, program would be ruined. There were alot more "sources" out there a few days ago as well.

It's a pain in the rear in today's world for everyone when you are craving news and the only people that really know what is going on are not saying anything, quiet as a church mouse. I think the combination of our rabid fanbase spreading rumors, poor reporting from actual reporters who are spreading rumors from their "sources" can't be helping out any at all. I like that Pruitt and Fulmer can keep a secret and avoid unwanted leaks and suspect that will become a valuable tool for our program somewhere down the road! I've guessed at it as much as everyone but I think we as fans can help out a bit by supporting CJP and Fulmer, they're our guys, one of them has bled orange his whole life and one has committed the next however many years of his life to helping restore the program, here's hoping that they pull it off!

Last edited:
Freeze may have been a good hire based on his talent . I would have been willing to give him a chance. On the flip side , he would give some really successful teams some negative recruiting ammo. He most likely would have been one and done . When a guy with his baggage comes into your program so do the eyes of the NCAA . They could come in at any time an start flipping over rocks. So there was a down side to him.

I am hoping for a solid hire and a guy that can recruit. Freeze isn't the only one. That tells me more about the proposed success of failure of CJP than the W's and L's to this point

Freeze or nothing bunch has gone silent! I wonder why? Just days ago many fans and most NegaVols were clamoring how poor a job we were doing by not getting Freeze and how now bama or Auburn or FSU were going to make us look like idiots by them hiring him and shoving it up our tailpipe! They said we would be considered losers, because teams like the commies are not afraid to hire coaches like Freeze and our admin and Fulmer were idiots for not hiring him. Lots of people on this board threaten to quit donating money and quit attending games if we didn't get him, program would be ruined. There were alot more "sources" out there a few days ago as well.

It's a pain in the rear in today's world for everyone when you are craving news and the only people that really know what is going on are not saying anything, quite as a church mouse. I think the combination of our rabid fanbase spreading rumors, poor reporting from actual reporters who are spreading rumors from their "sources" can't be helping out any at all. I like that Pruitt and Fulmer can keep a secret and avoid unwanted leaks and suspect that will become a valuable tool for our program somewhere down the road! I've guessed at it as much as everyone but I think we as fans can help out a bit by supporting CJP and Fulmer, they're our guys, one of them has bled orange his whole life and one has committed the next however many years of his life to helping restore the program, here's hoping that they pull it off!

You make some valid points. Given the Fustercluck our coaching searches have been after Kiffin, no news is likely good news. I would still like a good hire before early signing day. But, I can wait, as long as the pay off is rewarding.

PS...
38.gif

It could have been special.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

It's a pain in the rear in today's world for everyone when you are craving news and the only people that really know what is going on are not saying anything, quite as a church mouse. I think the combination of our rabid fanbase spreading rumors, poor reporting from actual reporters who are spreading rumors from their "sources" can't be helping out any at all. I like that Pruitt and Fulmer can keep a secret and avoid unwanted leaks and suspect that will become a valuable tool for our program somewhere down the road! I've guessed at it as much as everyone but I think we as fans can help out a bit by supporting CJP and Fulmer, they're our guys, one of them has bled orange his whole life and one has committed the next however many years of his life to helping restore the program, here's hoping that they pull it off!

Losing to Vanderbilt 5 of 7 years and watching the Vols struggle to get a total of 20 yds rushing against Charlotte, right after the worst season in history makes fans rabid for any kind of positive news

Fans begin to feel hopeless after the last 12-13 years when they witness lack of effort by the players and the losses seem never ending

To be fair, most of us had no idea Pruitt would drop a bombshell like interviewing the likes of Briles and Yurcich. I honestly thought the next guys in line would be really disappointing - Canada, Drinkwitz, some other pro style goofs.

I've been very impressed with him even looking at Freeze, Briles, Yurcich. Maybe he has hope after all of not being a 1950's offensive smashmouth Fulmerite.

poor reporting from actual reporters who are spreading rumors from their "sources" can't be helping out any at all.

The "actual" reporters have not been doing this. Only all the wannabes on the radio and twitter aka the man-baby trolls. They spread all the BoT nonsense and rile everyone into a pitchfork frenzy. Same ones feeding the Gruden nonsense.

i don't see anyone on the radar screen that has done better than what Briles has the last few years.

Yurcich would be up there, but not sure how much of that is Gundy.

What's entirely impressive about Briles is he's had remarkable offenses at 3 different stops and had immediate success each time. That has to be very intriguing to success-starved Vol fans.

Reactions: 08Vol
Yurcich would be up there, but not sure how much of that is Gundy.

What's entirely impressive about Briles is he's had remarkable offenses at 3 different stops and had immediate success each time. That has to be very intriguing to success-starved Vol fans.
He also just signed a new contract a few weeks ago.

Absolutely. I just wonder if he inherited an OL as bad as ours during those stops.

No idea, but his offense ends in few sacks and he runs north and south. Says he hates horizontal running because it can create negative plays. Like music to my ears. Have seen waay too many drives killed by TFLs allowed recently.

But I would doubt his Baylor, FAU, Houston teams just had elite OLs either. Those aren't exactly common stops for blue chip linemen.

In fact, Baylor never recruited a 4 star OL when he was there. A couple of 87.5 rated guys were the best there and they ran all over people.

Last edited:
To be fair, most of us had no idea Pruitt would drop a bombshell like interviewing the likes of Briles and Yurcich. I honestly thought the next guys in line would be really disappointing - Canada, Drinkwitz, some other pro style goofs.

I've been very impressed with him even looking at Freeze, Briles, Yurcich. Maybe he has hope after all of not being a 1950's offensive smashmouth Fulmerite.
Canada isn’t a pro style guy.

Reactions: GTBATV
No idea, but his offense ends in few sacks and he runs north and south. Says he hates horizontal running because it can create negative plays. Like music to my ears. Have seen waay too many drives killed by TFLs allowed recently.

But I would doubt his Baylor, FAU, Houston teams just had elite OLs either. Those aren't exactly common stops for blue chip linemen.

In fact, Baylor never recruited a 4 star OL when he was there. A couple of 87.5 rated guys were the best there and they ran all over people.

True on all counts.

I for one didn't know about the Briarcrest incidents. What he did there certainly made most think of him in a much different way. I think Fulmer squashing his hire was the right call he was just a little to creepy in those days.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Canada isn’t a pro style guy.

Really? I know he varies some, but always seemed to be "pro style spread" at heart. Which is really just pro style these days. I didn't mean classic pro style. Which few people still run.

But his offense is so wacky at times, maybe it falls under a different moniker idk.

Reactions: RollerVol
I disagree that it's amazing that people who wanted Freeze are silent now. What did you want us to do, lash out? There's nothing to gain from rubbing salt in a fresh wound, poking a bear, waking a sleeping lion, or poking a stick through the fence at the dog foaming at the mouth. Oh and look both ways before you cross the street is a good rule of thumb in case you missed that one too. Maybe it will turn out for the best and Pruitt will get the okay to hire a Saban beater and Bama defeater. I'm eager to see who it is because I know whoever it is will give us a better chance than Freeze to beat Bama or else Freeze would have been hired since the pledge to win championships was already made without any asterisks including any "baggage." I want only the best for this admin, coach, and team. Most of the most passionate fans do. It's that desire to win and see them be successful that fuels that passion. I don't want anyone to lose their job, fans, or ticket sales. It's a big hire for all of us so we just have to trust those making the hire have someone who has proven to be a better offensive coordinator than Freeze lined up for the position.

Last edited:
The "actual" reporters have not been doing this. Only all the wannabes on the radio and twitter aka the man-baby trolls. They spread all the BoT nonsense and rile everyone into a pitchfork frenzy. Same ones feeding the Gruden nonsense.
The only one who I saw that didn't run with it was the Athletic, everyone else was going off information provided by the Freeze camp. Chris Low is far from a wannabe. I don't believe Freeze was offered a job by UT, FSU, Auburn or Bama. I believe Jimmy Sexton was being a good agent in trying force his client into one of these jobs by getting the fanbase on his side through various outlets. I believe that something came up during the early vetting process weeks ago that made Freeze untouchable and while Sankey said he would sign off on it he made sure there was buyer beware. Hugh Freeze had some off the field issues sure but there were some internal issues at Ole Miss as well, they were running wild there. I think Hugh Freeze at Liberty is best for all parties involved.

VN Store

Back