Amateur Hour Continues

Luther isn't President. The distinguishing feature between them is already evident. Much of your defense of Trump seems to revolve around the sentiment that Trump is no different than many other people with questionable characteristics... but we should be holding the leaders of our government to a higher standard. Trump lies with regularity and he lies about non-consequential items such as the content of a conversation with a Finnish leader over raking forestation.

I'm not defending Trump. I'm pointing out that Luther is what he claims to hate.

And if we're speaking of morality (which is what Luther is hinting at), I disagree that we should hold our leaders to a higher morality than we hold ourselves to. If I won't hold myself to the moral standard I profess, who will?

Luther is accusing Trump of a moral standard while failing his own professed morality. My hope is that if we point that out often enough, he'll stop making excuses for himself and become what he claims to value--stop being what he claims to hate.

I'm losing hope on that.

If you guys just want to talk at the level of what embarrasses you, I'll bow out. I don't really care how easily any of you are embarrassed. Trump is a boar. We've had lots of boarish presidents and survived. We've had lots of presidents that failed my moral standard and we've survived. But with that said, if I attack Slick Willie on the Monica thing while defending my diddling my secretary, I'm not worth the time you took listening to me.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
I had a busy weekend so I didn’t actually see it. Seems like it’s been overblown but a bad comment to make nonetheless.

View attachment 176856
So Trump is deranged and must be stopped but a US Congressman making stupid comments about nuking citizens for stating their intent to protect their constitutional rights “sounds overblown”. Sounds legit.

Reactions: AirVol
So Trump is deranged and must be stopped but a US Congressman making stupid comments about nuking citizens for stating their intent to protect their constitutional rights “sounds overblown”. Sounds legit.
I think it was bad comment to make but overall in it’s context, eh.

Not really. I think it shows they have a sense of humor. I mean, c'mon, the idea that raking can prevent forest fires is moronic. Trump said something dumb and it's funny. No harm in laughing about it.
What really is hard to understand is how Chris Wallace (who works in a true journalistic capacity) of Fox News just let Trump say that without any follow up at all... Wallace makes no mention of the extreme drought in southern California or of the warm and high speed autumn Santa Ana winds at all. Trump gives some ridiculous anecdote about Finland (which has a very cool climate) not having as much trouble with wildfires as California, and Wallace just lets that pass like Trump had just made a valid point or something. Trump is offensively stupid... and Fox never asks even the most obvious follow up question after one of the more ridiculous things he has ever said. Anyone could have conducted a better interview than that. How the hell can you talk about wildfires in southern California and a lack of raking is brought up but drought and the Santa Ana winds aren't? It's only possible when the stooges at Fox News are interviewing Trump.

Heck yeah!

First it was Mexico will pay for the wall.

Then it was we're already building the wall.

Now:

A la Spaceballs, wouldn't it be better to just send out the troops to comb the SW desert for illegal immigrants? Sorta like how the Finns rake their forests.

Reactions: Svr
Who is "they"?

WALLACE: Your deputy national security advisor was moved out after your wife did something I’ve never heard of a first lady doing before publicly calling for her removal. Are you comfortable with the way that went down where it kind of looked like your wife was firing one of your advisors?
TRUMP: Well, I didn’t know the advisor well, really, and I know they had a lot of problems…. They came to me. They wanted to go a little bit public because that’s the way they felt and I thought it was fine.
I met with Mira two days ago and we’re going to move her around. She was with me for a long time, although I don’t know her. She’s really somebody I don’t know very well. But we’re going to move her around because she’s got certain talents.​

What really is hard to understand is how Chris Wallace (who works in a true journalistic capacity) of Fox News just let Trump say that without any follow up at all... Wallace makes no mention of the extreme drought in southern California or of the warm and high speed autumn Santa Ana winds at all. Trump gives some ridiculous anecdote about Finland (which has a very cool climate) not having as much trouble with wildfires as California, and Wallace just lets that pass like Trump had just made a valid point or something. Trump is offensively stupid... and Fox never asks even the most obvious follow up question after one of the more ridiculous things he has ever said. Anyone could have conducted a better interview than that. How the hell can you talk about wildfires in southern California and a lack of raking is brought up but drought and the Santa Ana winds aren't? It's only possible when the stooges at Fox News are interviewing Trump.

I think the problem for Chris Wallace was there there weren't enough minutes to cover all the fail from trump. The highlights for me were criticizing General McRaven for not killing Osama Bin Laden soon enough, believing Mohammed Bin Salman over his CIA, and taking all the credit for winning the Senate and none for losing the house.

President Trump on divided Congress, Mueller probe, foreign challenges

All classic trump. Running the Republican party and America into the ground while the churls cheer him on.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
I think the problem for Chris Wallace was there there weren't enough minutes to cover all the fail from trump. The highlights for me were criticizing General McRaven for not killing Osama Bin Laden soon enough, believing Mohammed Bin Salman over his CIA, and taking all the credit for winning the Senate and none for losing the house.

President Trump on divided Congress, Mueller probe, foreign challenges

All classic trump. Running the Republican party and America into the ground while the churls cheer him on.
All true. "I won the Senate." juxtaposed with "The problem is - my name wasn't on the ballot (in House races)."

Trump throws a lot of falsehoods at you in rapid succession, so a good interviewer has to be on his toes... but I still can't believe you talk about wild fires in southern California and let him blame the spread on forest management. That is stupid and mean spirited. Any idiot knows that southern California is uniquely situated for such disasters. Nobody is to blame for that but Trump likes to cast blame on people.

All true. "I won the Senate." juxtaposed with "The problem is - my name wasn't on the ballot (in House races)."

Trump throws a lot of falsehoods at you in rapid succession, so a good interviewer has to be on his toes... but I still can't believe you talk about wild fires in southern California and let him blame the spread on forest management. That is stupid and mean spirited. Any idiot knows that southern California is uniquely situated for such disasters. Nobody is to blame for that but Trump likes to cast blame on people.

Agree. By trump logic, I suppose East Tennesseans in the Smokey Mountains are to blame for the 2016 wildfires as well. Should have been raking the forest like they do in Finland.

I blame the resistance.

Makes sense since brazil is now the worlds leading producer of soybeans. China has been steadily increasing their imports of Brazilian soybeans for years.

China's demand for Brazilian soybeans has increased by almost 300 percent in the last eight years, according to official Chinese figures. Just last year, Brazil supplied over 53 percent of China's total soybean imports (excluding processed soybean meal or oil).

. . . and China stopped buying American soybeans.

Yeah and the untold story is that supply and demand take care of shortages and overages so whoever Brazil used sell to unless they have a huge cache, now gets their beans from us. It's not a doom and gloom situation for American farmers. It's amazing how these things work out isn't it?

Reactions: hog88
Yeah and the untold story is that supply and demand take care of shortages and overages so whoever Brazil used sell to unless they have a huge cache, now gets their beans from us. It's not a doom and gloom situation for American farmers. It's amazing how these things work out isn't it?

Your narrative might not be working out so well for the American soybean farmer.

"The ability for the rest of the world to make up for typical Chinese exports in the first half of the 2018-19 marketing year – when U.S. exports to China are at the highest levels – seems unlikely."

Here’s What’s Happened to Soybean Exports Since Tariffs

Your narrative might not be working out so well for the American soybean farmer.

"The ability for the rest of the world to make up for typical Chinese exports in the first half of the 2018-19 marketing year – when U.S. exports to China are at the highest levels – seems unlikely."

Here’s What’s Happened to Soybean Exports Since Tariffs

I'll just leave this here, both can't be right.

Even as China has retreated, all importers’ advanced purchases of the next U.S. soybean crop shot up 127 percent through June, at 8 million tonnes, compared to the same period last year, the analysis showed.

Importers snap up cheap U.S. soybeans as China stops buying

It's cool though, he'll just EO bribe cash authorize subsidies to prevent the blue-collar farmer revolt.

As long as the government controls the prices of products paying farmers to dump bumper crops on the ground to keep prices from dropping to low or to allow exports to fill the void , I’m not too concerned about it . Farmers adjust all the time playing the market with futures .

Reactions: NurseGoodVol

VN Store

Back