Amateur Hour Continues

100% bonkers

"They report that in the spring of 2017, Trump implored Rex Tillerson, then secretary of state, to help him jettison the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. “It’s just so unfair that American companies aren’t allowed to pay bribes to get business overseas,” Trump whines to a group of aides. Nearly every line from Trump, in “A Very Stable Genius,” is this venal."

..."Trump of destroying the “gravity and allure” that surrounds the American presidency"

“He’s ruined that magic,’ this aide said. “The disdain he shows for our country’s foundation and its principles. The disregard he has for right and wrong. Your fist clenches. Your teeth grate.”

..."Trump of destroying the “gravity and allure” that surrounds the American presidency"

“He’s ruined that magic,’ this aide said. “The disdain he shows for our country’s foundation and its principles. The disregard he has for right and wrong. Your fist clenches. Your teeth grate.”
You're drinking too much lead in your long time Democrat controlled Newark water supply . Take a break and buy some bottled water like other residents. That is, if you have money left over after paying exorbitant taxes.

You're drinking too much lead in your long time Democrat controlled Newark water supply . Take a break and buy some bottled water like other residents. That is, if you have money left over after paying exorbitant taxes.
It's ok. Actually I live across the river in Harrison (Hudson county). I didn't think Harrisonvol had the same ring to it or name recognition.
Anyway they're making progress-- Newark lead water crisis: City to break ground on $120M pipe replacement project

It's a nationwide problem:
Lead pipes that tainted Newark's water are found across US

Last edited:
"They provide the fullest picture to date of a now notorious July 2017 meeting in “the Tank” of the Pentagon during which military leaders and Trump’s national security team, alarmed by “gaping holes in the president’s knowledge of history and the alliances forged in the wake of World War II,” tried to give him a gentle lesson on American power."

The meeting ended after Trump exploded, saying, among other things, “You’re all losers, you don’t know how to win anymore,” and “You’re a bunch of dopes and babies.”

"They provide the fullest picture to date of a now notorious July 2017 meeting in “the Tank” of the Pentagon during which military leaders and Trump’s national security team, alarmed by “gaping holes in the president’s knowledge of history and the alliances forged in the wake of World War II,” tried to give him a gentle lesson on American power."

The meeting ended after Trump exploded, saying, among other things, “You’re all losers, you don’t know how to win anymore,” and “You’re a bunch of dopes and babies.”

I watched a coach come into the locker room once after the team had lost a basketball game , and give a similar speech to bunch of girls . I believe they all cried , then sucked it up and won another Natty.

I watched a coach come into the locker room once after the team had lost a basketball game , and give a similar speech to bunch of girls . I believe they all cried , then sucked it up and won another Natty.
Nice! good story...

Trump began speaking, not for the first time, about his desire to make a profit from the deployment of American soldiers. Tillerson had finally had enough. The authors describe the moment. The secretary of state stood, facing away from the president and toward officers and aides in the room.

“I’ve never put on a uniform, but I know this,” the authors quote Tillerson saying. “Every person who has put on a uniform, the people in this room, they don’t do it to make a buck. They did it for their country, to protect us. I want everyone to be clear about how much we as a country value their service.”

Trump grew red in the face, but saved his fire for later. The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff later called Tillerson, his voice unsteady with emotion, to thank him.

Nice! good story...

Trump began speaking, not for the first time, about his desire to make a profit from the deployment of American soldiers. Tillerson had finally had enough. The authors describe the moment. The secretary of state stood, facing away from the president and toward officers and aides in the room.

“I’ve never put on a uniform, but I know this,” the authors quote Tillerson saying. “Every person who has put on a uniform, the people in this room, they don’t do it to make a buck. They did it for their country, to protect us. I want everyone to be clear about how much we as a country value their service.”

Trump grew red in the face, but saved his fire for later. The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff later called Tillerson, his voice unsteady with emotion, to thank him.

It was a good story , as soon as I read your post I thought of Pats half time and end of game.. “encouragement speeches “. She didn’t coddle them .

It was a good story , as soon as I read your post I thought of Pats half time and end of game.. “encouragement speeches “. She didn’t coddle them .
Not sure Pat "encouraging" her players is analogous to: military leaders and Trump’s national security team alarmed by “gaping holes in the president’s knowledge of history and the alliances forged in the wake of World War II,” tried to give him a gentle lesson on American power."

Not sure Pat "encouraging" her players is analogous to: military leaders and Trump’s national security team alarmed by “gaping holes in the president’s knowledge of history and the alliances forged in the wake of World War II,” tried to give him a gentle lesson on American power."

I don’t know sometimes the team needs a good shaking to get them out of their rut . Not saying Trump knows anything about American history as it pertains to our alliances , to be honest I doubt he does . To be fair I would imagine every president has to have a crash course in many of the things they have to deal with . I would imagine being POTUS isn’t an easy job .

I don’t know sometimes the team needs a good shaking to get them out of their rut . Not saying Trump knows anything about American history as it pertains to our alliances , to be honest I doubt he does . To be fair I would imagine every president has to have a crash course in many of the things they have to deal with . I would imagine being POTUS isn’t an easy job .

Apparently not... or any history whatsoever:

Trump asked his then-chief of staff, John Kelly, "Hey, John, what's this all about? What's this a tour of?"
"He was at times dangerously uninformed," a former senior White House official said, according to The Post.
"Trump appeared not to grasp that this was a hallowed tribute to the more than 2,400 US service members and civilians who died at Pearl Harbor..."

VN Store

Back