Am I the only one who noticed

You can have flags thrown for both. The referee is the only official that calls intentional grounding. The umpire or anyone else with eyeballs and yellow flags should’ve thrown theirs. There were multiple fouls on the play. IG is the only that could be enforced. He is just pointing out how f’n blind and clueless that group was in Knoxville.

You can't throw flags for both. If there is an eligible receiver in the area, thus negating grounding, he throws a flag for illegal touching. If there is no eligible receiver in the area he throws no flag, informs the referee, and allows him to call grounding. If another official disagrees with the first, and points out an eligible receiver in the area, then the head ref waves off the grounding and goes into a review to confirm the illegal touch.

You can't throw flags for both. If there is an eligible receiver in the area, thus negating grounding, he throws a flag for illegal touching. If there is no eligible receiver in the area he throws no flag, informs the referee, and allows him to call grounding. If another official disagrees with the first, and points out an eligible receiver in the area, then the head ref waves off the grounding and goes into a review to confirm the illegal touch.
You can because the refs knew for sure (or should have) there was illegal touching but didn’t know for sure that grounding had occurred as they had to discuss that so you can flag both. Had they decided no intentional grounding I don’t believe they then would’ve dropped a flag for illegal touching. I agree with the OP that it was missed by the refs. Somehow this thread turned into a discussion on the fumble but it wasn’t that play. The OP is talking about the play that resulted in a safety.

It was a trick play that backfired. Hands down. And if Corral would have spun out and run for 20yds it would have been called a 20 yd gain. This is how the SEC is handling our sanctions. NCAA won't do anything and the SEC is giving us a year of bad calls.
So the SEC has conspired with its refs to give us a season of bad calls? And we wonder why we're scoffed at by everyone.

Refs were just bad. We can agree on that

Reactions: rocytop2624
You can have flags thrown for both. The referee is the only official that calls intentional grounding. The umpire or anyone else with eyeballs and yellow flags should’ve thrown theirs. There were multiple fouls on the play. IG is the only that could be enforced. He is just pointing out how f’n blind and clueless that group was in Knoxville.

Exactly thank you for getting it.

Reactions: DERELICK_MY_VOLS

VN Store

Back