Am I the only one who noticed

Raleigh-Vol

On the play with the intentional grounding #51 the center for them reached out and tried to catch that ball and it should have been flagged for illegal touching. It didn't matter since the did call the intentional grounding but there should have been 2 flags on the play. Sure we would have declined it and accepted the grounding but they should have seen that, neither of the game announcers saw it either and it was very easy to see live and especially on the replay.

I saw it. When you have an umpire and referee both standing near a QB that claims he heard a phantom whistle...while 21 other players and every official on the field continues playing...watches the QB fake a hand off then stand like a statue while one defender wraps him up and the other pry the ball out of his arms (if he heard a whistle why did he fight to hold on to the ball)...which took barely a second and a half to do...while there are so many other strip sack fumble plays that go on much longer every weekend in college football...and both officials on top of the play run with the defender to the end zone signaling TD...then the Corral and Kiffin cry there was a whistle....not one official admit they blew said whistle....then claim forward progress was stopped on a player that stood again like a damn statue....do you really expect them to make that call too?

I almost think that fumble play was a fake hand off...Corral fake for a moment then throw a bomb deep of of play action but we blew up the line. So Kiffin and Corral...along with every faked injury in the game could use the phantom whistle as an excuse for his play blowing up on him. I rewound that sequence I don't know how many times....never heard a whistle.

I saw it. When you have an umpire and referee both standing near a QB that claims he heard a phantom whistle...while 21 other players and every official on the field continues playing...watches the QB fake a hand off then stand like a statue while one defender wraps him up and the other pry the ball out of his arms (if he heard a whistle why did he fight to hold on to the ball)...which took barely a second and a half to do...while there are so many other strip sack fumble plays that go on much longer every weekend in college football...and both officials on top of the play run with the defender to the end zone signaling TD...then the Corral and Kiffin cry there was a whistle....not one official admit they blew said whistle....then claim forward progress was stopped on a player that stood again like a damn statue....do you really expect them to make that call too?

I almost think that fumble play was a fake hand off...Corral fake for a moment then throw a bomb deep of of play action but we blew up the line. So Kiffin and Corral...along with every faked injury in the game could use the phantom whistle as an excuse for his play blowing up on him. I rewound that sequence I don't know how many times....never heard a whistle.
It was a trick play that backfired. Hands down. And if Corral would have spun out and run for 20yds it would have been called a 20 yd gain. This is how the SEC is handling our sanctions. NCAA won't do anything and the SEC is giving us a year of bad calls.

It was a trick play that backfired. Hands down. And if Corral would have spun out and run for 20yds it would have been called a 20 yd gain. This is how the SEC is handling our sanctions. NCAA won't do anything and the SEC is giving us a year of bad calls.

It looked like it was supposed to be something like a fake statue of liberty play. Corral was pretending to hand off and tried to "hide the ball" by standing still and drape his arms to his side. Our D was supposed to bite on it but didn't and the @(*&@ing refs covered for Ole Miss' blunder.

It's about as blatant as I've seen refs cover for a team.

I think that's exactly what was going on. Corral was carrying out a play fake and nobody bought it, but the officials completely bailed him out. It's ludicrous to use forward progress to stop a play where the QB was standing there carrying out a ball fake. By that definition, QBs would be called down every time they were touched on the pocket.

That’s crazy .

On the play with the intentional grounding #51 the center for them reached out and tried to catch that ball and it should have been flagged for illegal touching. It didn't matter since the did call the intentional grounding but there should have been 2 flags on the play. Sure we would have declined it and accepted the grounding but they should have seen that, neither of the game announcers saw it either and it was very easy to see live and especially on the replay.

You can't flag both of those. It was either grounded or thrown to an inelligible reciever.

It seems no one is discussing this fiasco, all I hear is the golf ball toss, I tell them Kiffin was lucky we didn't have a bowling ball after all the crap we had to endure

Reactions: Voltopia
Jerry Punch addressed this and other calls like it on the radio yesterday. Bottomline, officials could throw a flag on just about every play .... 90% of the job is a judgement call. It does seem like UT has been victimized by some really bad game changing calls and no calls.

YES! It was illegal touching. You can EASILY see that the ball touched the lineman FIRST, which is illegal. Ho Hum, referee screw job.

That’s what I’m saying. He was trying to sell the hand off so hard but it got blown up by our guys. Crickets from the SEC on that game changing call. That was literally the difference for us having the win. A QB pleading ignorance with his HC shouldn’t sway officials to make a phantom whistle real if none of them can raise their hands they blew it.

It was straight up
1634663051216.gif

He was trying to do that play action fake that Tom Brady does a lot. That’s the negative side to those fakes. If the defense doesn’t bite then it leaves you QB completely exposed. Everyone knew it was a fake. No whistles. BS call by the refs.

Jerry Punch addressed this and other calls like it on the radio yesterday. Bottomline, officials could throw a flag on just about every play .... 90% of the job is a judgement call. It does seem like UT has been victimized by some really bad game changing calls and no calls.
Why this one is BS, there was no call!
The refs ran to the end zone and put up their hands and called a TD.
Then they huddled up and decided what they were gonna call and then came the “call on the field was forward progress had been stopped “
A trick play that fooled no one but the dumbest officials crew in college football.

Why this one is BS, there was no call!
The refs ran to the end zone and put up their hands and called a TD.
Then they huddled up and decided what they were gonna call and then came the “call on the field was forward progress had been stopped “
A trick play that fooled no one but the dumbest officials crew in college football.

I could buy the explanation if even one official had marked the spot of forward progress and whistled the play dead.

Like the idea is crazy, or it is actually crazy that this is happening to UT.
The idea that the SEC is handling are sanctions by cheating is crazy. The fact is that was the worst officiating crew maybe they assigned them to our game for a reason but they have messed up other games also.

Like I said before, Corral was hiding the ball. If he in fact heard a whistle, he would not be trying to hide the ball.
GBO!!

Reactions: DERELICK_MY_VOLS
Yes it was illegal touching. Disregarding such because "well, intentional grounding was flagged" misses the point. Both flags should have been thrown.

How many times have you seen a discussion and the refs decide, "oh, nevermind, there was indeed a player in the area." Now, what if that had happened on this play???? You think they would have then dropped a flag for illegal touching?

Yeah, right. It should have been flagged, too.

Yes it was illegal touching. Disregarding such because "well, intentional grounding was flagged" misses the point. Both flags should have been thrown.

How many times have you seen a discussion and the refs decide, "oh, nevermind, there was indeed a player in the area." Now, what if that had happened on this play???? You think they would have then dropped a flag for illegal touching?

Yeah, right. It should have been flagged, too.

No, it shouldn't have been flagged. You can't have both illegal touching and intentional grounding. Calling one penalty excludes the possibility of calling the other. The more beneficial penalty was called, so why are you griping?

The idea that the SEC is handling are sanctions by cheating is crazy. The fact is that was the worst officiating crew maybe they assigned them to our game for a reason but they have messed up other games also.
Then call me crazy sir.

No, it shouldn't have been flagged. You can't have both illegal touching and intentional grounding. Calling one penalty excludes the possibility of calling the other. The more beneficial penalty was called, so why are you griping?
You can have flags thrown for both. The referee is the only official that calls intentional grounding. The umpire or anyone else with eyeballs and yellow flags should’ve thrown theirs. There were multiple fouls on the play. IG is the only that could be enforced. He is just pointing out how f’n blind and clueless that group was in Knoxville.

VN Store

Back