Always the same with LSU fans

We live in a world where teams usually have different coaches within 5 years, and it’s unusual to see coach pushing 10 years with the same program. And the very players themselves were born around 2005.
So all the glory years, ext don’t mean much to anyone who didn’t live thru them. I’ve been a fan of UT since 06-07ish, and I’ve never witnessed them dominant. I don’t care what LSU or TN did in the 50s,60s,70s, and 80s. To be honest if then beginning number of the year starts with 1, it certainly doesn’t matter in the current environment. Honestly, what good has the 1998 Championship done for UT currently? If you haven’t won recently, it doesn’t matter, unless you lived thru it and cheered it on. I was alive then, but was 13 and could care less at the time.
Lol I was 13 in 07 and enjoyed the hell out of that team

Ya shoulda caught on earlier!

That wasn’t my point… he said their history was 22 years and before that they were terrible. That’s simply not true and that’s what I was responding to.
From the first time we played in1925- 2000 lsu played ut 24 times an only won 3. There is your history lesson. That is terrible. I stand by my comment.
Also, try reading the ops questions, why do they always point out TV and the last 20 yrs. This record is why.

Reactions: GenRRN
They were terrible at football before Saban, and he took the LSU job in 2000, so their history is only 22 yrs old. They wanted to hire Vitello in 2021 when their coach retired, and he had no interest in leaving the vols.
I happen to live in Baton Rouge in the early 90's and their program was a dumpster fire. They went thru many coaches and average win/losses before Sabin came in. Then all of a sudden, they act like they've been relevant forever. Their program much like their food is very overrated

Reactions: feathersax
I can opine on one of these. Historically LSU has had superior facilities and coaches/ teams to most of the other schools in the SEC in baseball. They had great attendance, and it was something that they took a lot of pride in - probably more so than their basketball program. They used to sweep us whenever we had the misfortune to play them. Now not so much. Tony has stolen their soul a little in baseball and they recognize there is a new sheriff, and he resides in Knoxvegas. If they are that butt hurt all the better. Watching our baseball team is a beautiful thing and Coach TV does a great job. He is a rockstar - we are blessed to have him.

They average over 10,000 a game for baseball - second in the US in attendance, so they take it pretty seriously. It would be comparable to pounding Alabama in football 3 times in one season.

From the first time we played in1925- 2000 lsu played ut 24 times an only won 3. There is your history lesson. That is terrible. I stand by my comment.
Also, try reading the ops questions, why do they always point out TV and the last 20 yrs. This record is why.
That has no bearing on their overall history as a football program. Good grief. I’m not saying they’re Bama level, but they’re arguably a top 25 program of all-time even taking the last 20 years out of the equation. That’s not terrible by any metric you want to put on it. Not too dissimilar from Auburn or Clemson in that respect. All had good, maybe not great, histories pre-2000.

I believe LSU had six straight losing seasons during the late 80s- early 90s.

That is true (1989 - 1994).

Our problem is we lost 102 games from 2005 - 2021 (17 years) while LSU only lost 55. It takes a lot of seasons for us to have a better record than them for the past "xx" number of years after weathering that kind of storm.

I agree and said that very thing in my post about periods before Fulmer left. I can understand comparing teams for different numbers of years, but selectively excluding the most recent (and most relevant) years to make our program look better than LSU doesn't seem honest.

The fact remains that you can pick any number of years starting with 2021, and go back at least until 1960 (62 seasons), and every single time period will show LSU with a higher winning percentage than our Vols except for the single year period of 2021.
Arbitrary timeline is arbitrary. Tennessee is the superior program all time.

That is true (1989 - 1994).

Our problem is we lost 102 games from 2005 - 2021 (17 years) while LSU only lost 55. It takes a lot of seasons for us to have a better record than them for the past "xx" number of years after weathering that kind of storm.

Yeah I wasnt questioning your stat because Ive lived how futile Tennessee football has been the last 20 years, but Tennessee has never had 6 straight losing seasons

Fun fact: According to the AP, LSU is the 7th best team with a cat for a mascot. I would be grumpy too

VN Store

Back