Alvin Kamara = the next Marshall Faulk ???

I think Westbrook is probably the best comparison. Dunn is smaller and he and Faulk are considerably faster than Kamara.

There's no doubt Kamara's a quality back.

I've been looking for a comparison for Alvin since he got here and this might be the best one.

So do yall think we got the next Marshall Faulk on our team right now?

Alvin reminds me of John Riggins. ... or maybe Dick Butkus. Yeah, Alvin Kamara = Dick Butkus. Let's run with that.
Good grief.

Tom Luginbill said this on Championship Drive yesterday. He said Kamara was the best receiving RB he scouted in person (along with Marcus Lattimore) and said he had a lot of Marshall Faulk to his game. The other guys also said he would be special in the NFL and his draft stock will keep rising.

I've been looking for a comparison for Alvin since he got here and this might be the best one.

So do yall think we got the next Marshall Faulk on our team right now?

Probably closer to a Barry Sanders/Gale Sayers hybrid with patches of LaDanian Tomlinson thrown in :crazy:

Last edited:
I wouldn't compare him to someone of Faulk's caliber.

I think he's a more physical Darren Sproles, or a faster/more athletic Danny Woodhead. Which will be enough to get him 15 years or so of paychecks and maybe a ring or two on the right team.

I hate them, but if the Patriots got him he'd be a richer Amendola or Welker for them most likely.

Every time I see him play he reminds me of Chris Johnson when he first came in the league. He's a a nice burst, he's shift, has the huge play ability and also a good pass catcher. Plus they're about the same size.

I'm kind of surprised they're still letting you start threads. I mean you are done with Dobbs and this team, right?

Can't believe folks respond to his/its thread ( not you 10ac)..Ban should be in place for threads AND posts..How can a poster who hopes Fla skull f**ks UT, wants Fla to beat the Vols 45-3 AND wants Butch fired on the spot even show their face on VN..IMHO Simply pathetic.....

Reactions: 1 person
Speaking of Bell, his body transformation from college to pro was unreal

No kidding. It's like he got serious about working out or something after he left Michigan State. In college I wouldn't say he was out of shape but he was a bigger, slower, more plodding runner that relied more on being physical.

In the NFL he's slimmed down, very elusive, and changes directions quickly while still having a lot of the power. It's been very impressive. Also a shame he's missed a lot of time due to injuries and being an idiot though.

No kidding. It's like he got serious about working out or something after he left Michigan State. In college I wouldn't say he was out of shape but he was a bigger, slower, more plodding runner that relied more on being physical.

In the NFL he's slimmed down, very elusive, and changes directions quickly while still having a lot of the power. It's been very impressive. Also a shame he's missed a lot of time due to injuries and being an idiot though.

He had to carry the weight in college to stay on the field. He was getting 30 carries a game.

VN Store

Back