Alvin Kamara = the next Marshall Faulk ???

Dobbs 4 Heisman

Tom Luginbill said this on Championship Drive yesterday. He said Kamara was the best receiving RB he scouted in person (along with Marcus Lattimore) and said he had a lot of Marshall Faulk to his game. The other guys also said he would be special in the NFL and his draft stock will keep rising.

I've been looking for a comparison for Alvin since he got here and this might be the best one.

So do yall think we got the next Marshall Faulk on our team right now?

Reactions: 6 people
I don't know...when I think of Alvin Kamara, I almost think more of a, well...Alvin Kamara type back. Weird, huh?

JK, it'd be great to have a VFL with a career similar to Marshall Faulk's.

Reactions: 1 person
Flattering, but AK, while having nice burst, lacks top end speed. He'll have a great 10 yard split, but his 40 will be 4.5ish. That's not a knock against AK, but Faulk is a once a decade talent.

I'm kind of surprised they're still letting you start threads. I mean you are done with Dobbs and this team, right?

Reactions: 12 people
I'll be interested to see how D4H acts if/when we get waxed Saturday.

Tom Luginbill said this on Championship Drive yesterday. He said Kamara was the best receiving RB he scouted in person (along with Marcus Lattimore) and said he had a lot of Marshall Faulk to his game. The other guys also said he would be special in the NFL and his draft stock will keep rising.

I've been looking for a comparison for Alvin since he got here and this might be the best one.

If this is the case, Butch has wasted his talent for most of his stay at Tennessee.

Warwick Dunn and Brian Westbrook are good comparisons I think.

He may not be that good, but looks and plays similar to those guys. Small back that plays bigger and catches passes

One of the only times I would agree with you. Now suggesting he in on Faulk's level right now or on Faulk's level at SDSU, then no I wouldn't. But AK runs very similar to Faulk and definitely has great hands like Faulk did.

Warwick Dunn and Brian Westbrook are good comparisons I think.

He may not be that good, but looks and plays similar to those guys. Small back that plays bigger and catches passes

He really isn't all that small of an RB (5'10'', 215) - he's just small compared to Hurd, who is enormous for an RB.

Lets see umm no.....

VN Store

Back