Alternate uniforms Saturday against Texas

I really like these. Careful thought and research went into this design. I even love that they replicated the double curly-cue on the "V" in Vols from the 1930's. If the white is a tiny bit cream tinted, even better.

Not that we have a lot of photos to work with, but they look white to me. The "Vols" text in this photo is cream, and I can't see an off-white hue in the jersey fabric against the graphic. View attachment 533214
Look at these 2 photos, our regular jersey is much more ā€œwhiteā€ā€¦

Attachments

• 9990E9F2-C540-4C91-9422-4A6A5DFDE32B.jpeg
    9990E9F2-C540-4C91-9422-4A6A5DFDE32B.jpeg
    362.8 KB · Views: 23
  • E5C9C886-E179-4238-9A46-87139CA6F81C.jpeg
    E5C9C886-E179-4238-9A46-87139CA6F81C.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 23
Not that we have a lot of photos to work with, but they look white to me. The "Vols" text in this photo is cream, and I can't see an off-white hue in the jersey fabric against the graphic. View attachment 533214
Just going off of the release which specifically mentioned that they were off-white. I agree it is subtle and likely indistinguishable on television this Saturday, but Iā€™d rather that be the case than us march out there in khakis just to notice that difference. Even if they were stark white, they still look awesome.

Just going off of the release which specifically mentioned that they were off-white. I agree it is subtle and likely indistinguishable on television this Saturday, but Iā€™d rather that be the case than us march out there in khakis just to notice that difference. Even if they were stark white, they still look awesome.
Ah, I didn't see anything said about the color shades from UT. I'm sure the difference would be apparent if we had one photo of both jerseys together.

Reactions: cncchris33
Now Iā€™m self-conscious about the khakis Iā€™m wearing.

Reactions: cncchris33
In fairness ā€œoff whiteā€ is still white, so that would be correct, are you saying you think theyā€™re the same shade of white as our current uniā€™s?
If something is off-white, that means there is another color in the mix. I didn't notice until now that Mashak's leg sleeve does look whiter than the shorts imo. Since cncchris confirmed they are off-white, I'd venture to guess they have a subtle cream hue. I'm pumped to see them on Sat!

I like them. I still want the current regular ones to stay the "main" uniform but these are nice. I'd like to see an orange version too.

View attachment 533216

did anybody like these??

I like the idea of a Smokey Grey alternates but I'd rather just basically have a gray version of our other uniforms. These are tied to the "Butch Jones" era of Nike uniforms and those basketball and football uniforms (other than the SGs they pulled back out this season) are gone and I assume the football SGs will be redone more in the other uniform style.

VN Store

Back