Alternate uniforms Saturday against Texas

BREAKING: Tennessee Basketball Debuting New Uniforms Against Texas | Rocky Top Insider

The Vols have worn the same two uniforms in every game since the 2020-21 season. Tennessee slowly transitioned from class home white and road orange uniforms that said Tennessee in a straight line on the front in the Nike font that’s used for the midcourt logo.
Tennessee added a “retro” white uniform with Tennessee and Volunteers curved around the numbers on the front of the jersey during the 2018-19 season that became the Vols’ home jerseys by the start of the 2019-20 season.
After a season of wearing the retro uniforms at home and the new Nike font on the road, Tennessee added orange retro uniforms ahead of the 2020-21 season. For 2.5 years, Tennessee has only worn the two “retro” uniforms.

Retro-Retro-Classic Got it!

Watch: Tennessee basketball unveils new-look orange jersey (247sports.com)

The throwback uniform is modeled after what Tennessee wore from the early 1970s into the '80s, with Tennessee printed on an arc across the chest of the jersey, with Volunteers printed below the number on the front of the uniform. The Vols sported a similar look while winning SEC championships in the 1971-72, 1976-77, 1978-79 and 1981-82 seasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Alcorn State
Nice memory

ORANGE CRUSH : For the first time since March 7, 2015, (South Carolina) Tennessee wore orange uniforms at home. It marked just the fourth time since 1980 that the Vols have donned orange uniforms at home.

Last edited:
Reactions: esarmstrong
It's not unheard of to wear orange at home, but I can only think of Alcorn State this season and maybe a game against Memphis or UK in the Pearl era. I could be forgetting one or two though.

It's not unheard of to wear orange at home, but I can only think of Alcorn State this season and maybe a game against Memphis or UK in the Pearl era. I could be forgetting one or two though.
One year, either 1976 or 1977 all SEC teams wore their traditional "road" or colored uniforms for all mid week conference games. Weekend games the home team wore white. Only other time I remember Tennessee wearing Orange in Knoxville.

One year, either 1976 or 1977 all SEC teams wore their traditional "road" or colored uniforms for all mid week conference games. Weekend games the home team wore white. Only her time I remember Tennessee wearing Orange in Knoxville.
I don't remember, but we apparently wore them against South Carolina in 2015.

Reactions: WillisWG
Incorrect. We wore orange against McNeese State this year.
Wasn't really meant to be literal, it's just the fact the home team almost always wear white in college basketball. As others pointed out it's been twice in 8 years that we've worn orange at home (another way of saying we've worn white at home 100+ times in that span).

These are fantastic! Random thought? Who is calling the game? I saw that Bilas is calling the KY jELLy vs Kansas game. Is it maybe Vitale?

I was thinking about this the other day watching the UGA game. Those traditional unis from that became staple during the Grant & Admiral days are kinda getting long in the tooth. Plus, these shown look spectacular in photos. Do it!

I like 'em, but I sure hope Texas doesn't show up with a big power T on their jerseys.

VN Store

Back